Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 12:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ex-army Vehicles

Been needing to ask this for long time now, could not figure out where /whom to ask this. I have heard that One can buy ex army vehicles in pune and delhi as there are auctions held by the army/air force for decommissioned vehicles but have to be bought in bulk [10 vehicles at a time] so was wondering if any one knows people who buy them at these auctions , team members from these places can you guys help me find out where can, one get his hands on jongas and army one ton vehicles? I need them with army engines and so can not buy some thing with replaced engines found in mumbai [ tow vehicles]... please help me....
I hope ,have posted in correct section if not moderator please move it to the correct one.
Old 24th August 2007, 12:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

dinar the army cars can be bought in the auctions from any army base. you need to know someone there. as far as i am aware a civilian is not allowed to bid, but an army person has to bid on your behalf and hand over the car to you thats how i got my jeep. i do not know if they auction their one ton vehicles. there is no rule that you have to buy 10 vehicles i just bought one jeep.
Old 24th August 2007, 13:13   #3
BHPian

Dinar i have PMed you,you can get in touch with me..
Old 24th August 2007, 17:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

hey speedy, thanks for the info, I was told that this is the procedure.at least my Uncle who bought ex army vehicles told me this was the procedure but that was long time back so may be they have changed the rules now, had tried getting my hands on a gypsy when in collage [thru my friend dad (col)in the army] but it was the same case, did you get a Jonga or M&M. what sort of money did you pay.
Old 24th August 2007, 23:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
hey speedy, thanks for the info, I was told that this is the procedure.at least my Uncle who bought ex army vehicles told me this was the procedure but that was long time back so may be they have changed the rules now, had tried getting my hands on a gypsy when in collage [thru my friend dad (col)in the army] but it was the same case, did you get a Jonga or M&M. what sort of money did you pay.
i got an M&M. this is my jeep cj38 i am told

Old 25th August 2007, 10:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Speedy,
If my memory serves me right that JEEPs belongs to a friend of mine,
Anirban Sinha, in Calcutta, W.B.

Mahindra Military Jeeps on The CJ3B Page

BTW- the pastel blue JEEP is Mine.

Regards,

Arka
Old 25th August 2007, 10:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

nice....was this pic taken at the depo itself???? did you have to tow it ??? looks like a tow in front...didn't you fix it as yet??? it'll be one hell of a rid..
didn't they give you the gun with the vehicle ?????
Old 25th August 2007, 10:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

The proper procedure for procuring ex-military vehicles can be found here-
Forthcoming eAuctions

However these vehicles are allowed to be re-conditioned and re-registered (civilian) in some States (Tamil Nadu & Karnataka)

Regards,
Arka

PS -I picked up my CJ3B from a dealer who picks us auction lots of military vehicles.
Old 25th August 2007, 11:22   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Speedy,
If my memory serves me right that JEEPs belongs to a friend of mine,
Anirban Sinha, in Calcutta, W.B.

Some more info on this Jeep can be found here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...-willys-6.html
Old 25th August 2007, 13:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
The proper procedure for procuring ex-military vehicles can be found here-
Forthcoming eAuctions

However these vehicles are allowed to be re-conditioned and re-registered (civilian) in some States (Tamil Nadu & Karnataka)

Regards,
Arka

PS -I picked up my CJ3B from a dealer who picks us auction lots of military vehicles.
if you notice the windscreen of the first jeep and my jeep you would know the difference.
the picture i have posted is of my keep being towed from vashi check point after being offloaded from the truck when i got her from the mauva army base in madhya pradesh. gogi had posted these pics and he said he found it on a sight. thanks for the link. the car is in bombay at my garage and in pretty much the same condition except extra fittings have been removed cause it was to go in for restoration. if you want you are most welcome to bring the picture you see on the site and compare it with the real jeep. you would know then.
Old 25th August 2007, 13:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Some more info on this Jeep can be found here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...-willys-6.html
GS if you see on the link provided V-16 has posted pictures of my jeep and below that is a post by me. take a look thanks.
Old 25th August 2007, 14:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Restored Ex-Indian Military JEEPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
if you notice the windscreen of the first jeep and my jeep you would know the difference.
the picture i have posted is of my keep being towed from vashi check point after being offloaded from the truck when i got her from the mauva army base in madhya pradesh. gogi had posted these pics and he said he found it on a sight. thanks for the link. the car is in bombay at my garage and in pretty much the same condition except extra fittings have been removed cause it was to go in for restoration. if you want you are most welcome to bring the picture you see on the site and compare it with the real jeep. you would know then.
The picture is NOT of YOUR jeep. The picture you have put up is of Mr. Anirban Sinha's JEEP being towed from Panagarh to Calcutta.

Also Anirban's JEEP has been fully restored as you can see from the pics on the CJ3B Page Link

And he didnot use the RCL JEEPs Original Split Windscreen.

These pictures were sent by me to the CJ3B Page in Nov 2005.

Nice try and nice claim.

Regards,

Arka
Old 25th August 2007, 14:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

i am inviteing you to my garage in bombay i could pm you the address also. you would see the jeep standing there. if you know anyone in bom who you trust i would make him have a look at the jeep. i bought the jeep for the no 3 on the windscreen in front of the drivers side. it coinsides with my birthdate.
i dont make claims unless i am sure. if i had to make claims i would not be inviteing you or someone you trust to come and have a look.
Old 25th August 2007, 20:51   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
GS if you see on the link provided V-16 has posted pictures of my jeep and below that is a post by me. take a look thanks.
speedy, obviously I saw the link because I only posted it here and I read the whole thing not once but thrice before doing it. I don't find any dissimilarity between the pictures the are posted on Anirban Sinha's page (link provided by ex670c) and the pictures that V-16 has posted, which you say is your Jeep's picture. Both the pictures of the Jeep are exactly similar. Its of the same Jeep at the same place being towed away by the same tow truck. Even the trucks in the background are same and so is the Black Gypsy King. As far as number "3" is concerned, its there on Anirban's Jeep too. I am posting the pictures again, have a look.

Anirban's

Yours

Anirban's

Yours

I did read what you wrote after V-16 posted the pictures of the Jeep. It reads:
Quote:
when did you take these pictures. this is my very own jeep. V-16. thank you for the pictures, had lost all my pictures. trust me their faces were jaw dropped thinking i wanted to blast some important buildings or something.
Quote:
the jeep is in pretty much the same condition except everything includeing the engine is off the car. had started work on it had the pata's dont know the other name for it done and the brakes, then another car came in and my brother had the work stopped on the jeep. i'm not in town as soon as i get back will take fresh pictures and post them. guess i have a rough idea who would have taken the pictures. the pictures you have are at vashi. my bawa friend or another friend from shivaji park.
Old 25th August 2007, 21:47   #15
Team-BHP Support

Speedy,

When V-16 posted the pictures he did NOT say it was your jeep. He said he found it on a website, and you assumed it was your jeep being towed in Vashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I think I know what you have Speedy. Its a CJ3B Jeep, like in the picture below,
I'm not doubting the fact that you have a CJ3B with a number 3 on it, but you are probably mistaken to think that the jeep in these pictures is yours.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th August 2007 at 21:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks