Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2008, 22:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

the vehicle looks really nice. far better than Minidoor and m4 or whatever pick ups
Old 13th January 2008, 22:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

WOW!! The Ace 1T looks so much better than the regular Ace, I really doubt if it will come to India though.
Old 13th January 2008, 23:17   #18
Team-BHP Support

I just wonder how prophetical it was when we started that Tatas have gone hyperactive thread some 5-6 months back. All of a sudden they seemed to have decided to flood the market with new, exquisite looking models. At least no manufacture in India ever made so many new launches at one time, that too with such huge leaps in terms of look and feel. Way to go Tata. You are making Indians proud. Let the world know we are no puchovers when it comes to designing our own vehicles.

EDIT: That wiper set looks interesting. It will clean both corners of the windscreen equally well. I think one wiper (passenger side) will have a bit wider radius of wipe compared to the other.

Last edited by Zappo : 13th January 2008 at 23:20.
Old 14th January 2008, 09:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
EDIT: That wiper set looks interesting. It will clean both corners of the windscreen equally well.
The best thing is, this type of wiper arrangement would work equally well in both LHD and RHD versions. You don't require two separate body panels with differing holes for wiper arms. That's smart engineering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I think one wiper (passenger side) will have a bit wider radius of wipe compared to the other.
Both should be of the same size to maintain the symmetry.

Last edited by directinjection : 14th January 2008 at 09:19.
Old 14th January 2008, 09:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
The best thing is, this type of wiper arrangement would work equally well in both LHD and RHD versions. You don't require two separate body panels with differing holes for wiper arms. That's smart engineering!

No, both should be of the same size, to maintain the symmetry.
The only drawback is that there will be that the upper part of the middle of the windscreen wont get cleaned, just like the Honda Civic.
Old 14th January 2008, 12:42   #21
BHPian

I have following queries.

1. Why it is called 1 T (1Ton), i thought the present one itself 1 ton loader.
2. Any news about hybrid version of ACE in expo? which they were exporting to Italy.
Old 14th January 2008, 13:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

good looks and made it have a little luxury look in that segment

Shogun
Samurai
Maruti Omni
Maruti Esteem
Tata Safari (In Line on Jan 27th)Waitingggggggggggggg
Old 15th January 2008, 11:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
maybe you are not aware but there are about 25-30 percent customers of this Ace truck who have used it as mobile shops, dj equipment transport and other jazzy and applications which are meant to be more than just basic transport.

maybe tata could do this like the sumo spacio and victa way.
keep the old ace like the spacio and launch this like they did with the victa.

If private users have to buy this vehicle, I feel TATA would have to do away with the 2 cylinder noisy (thumping) engine.
Old 15th January 2008, 13:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Square View Post
If private users have to buy this vehicle, I feel TATA would have to do away with the 2 cylinder noisy (thumping) engine.
How do you infer it has the engine of the current Ace?
Ace 1T is much bigger than the current Ace with most parts being different. I don't have the engine specs with me (will find out) but I expect it to have Indica's engine (there were reports suggesting this).
Old 18th January 2008, 13:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Square View Post
Quote:
How do you infer it has the engine of the current Ace?
Ace 1T is much bigger than the current Ace with most parts being different. I don't have the engine specs with me (will find out) but I expect it to have Indica's engine (there were reports suggesting this).
I've now been able to check the engine specs. ACE 1T features the 70 HP TCIC version of Indigo engine. It has a GVW of slighltly over 2 tonnes and unlike the usual Tata nomenclature, 1T refers to the payload, not GVW.
Old 18th January 2008, 19:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
ACE 1T features the 70 HP TCIC version of Indigo engine.
Next version of ACE Magic - passenger version will be a big hit, as it can transport people and luggages for longer travel.

In rural areas, the Diesel Share Auto's carry 20~ 25 (-Yes) people and meet with deadly accidents. Those autos have engine ranging from 325 CC agriculture pump motors.

This should replace them.
Old 19th January 2008, 13:04   #27
BHPian

[quote=TeddyBear;693228]Next version of ACE Magic - passenger version will be a big hit, as it can transport people and luggages for longer travel.

If ACE 1T features the 70 HP TCIC version of Indigo engine, that would definitely push the cost up. That could hurt sales.
Also if the price hike closes down the gap with TATA Winger, then its no smart move.
Old 19th January 2008, 13:13   #28
BHPian

Sorry for this slightly post. Happened to spot an Ace with a snorkel (yes!) outside the Arvind Motors showroom (besides Richmond Road, Bangalore). Any more info on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks