Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 15:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishF1 View Post
Thanks for all your comments. however, if I can afford a Xenon, I wont post my queries out here, would have straight away walked into the showroom for 1 and I hope that day isnt too far. now coming to the queries I have and the budget I have could someone help with a point to point response? This would surely help me decide.

As I said earlier, look at the TL 2wd [this once 6 lac] or 4wd[7.5lacs], what ever you want. or the limited edition bolero[came in black and silver only], it comes with private reg plates too, so no hassle of yellow plates.
M&M will not put the crde engine in these pickups, as they are more utilitarian and do not requires bhp but torque at low rpm which the 3200DI engine provide in bucket loads, reliability , fuel efficiency and most important the vehicle has to be cheap and repairable anywhere.
Else look for a used TL ,should be around 3.5-5, at least that's what they are selling here in Goa.

Last edited by dinar : 29th September 2009 at 15:24.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:47   #17
BHPian

Take a look at force motors > judo, gurkha.
But nothing will be close to 5 Lakhs. OTR price will exceed 6 Lakhs.
Recently, we replaced our office staff transport vehicle from a Mahindra Maxx 10 STR to a Sumo Victa DI CX BS II 10 STR model which is the cheapest option and it cost us around 5.50 Lakhs OTR.
Old 30th September 2009, 14:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Pick up requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Good day to all TBHPians.

• Cars short listed-Mahindra campus/any pick up from the mahindra genere, Tata pickups,Mahindra invader converted into a singe cabin hard top,rally gypsy
  • Price range- 5.5 lac
  • Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations-reasonably good
  • Average distance traveled per month- cant say
  • Where car will be mostly used (city / highway / rough roads etc)highway/rough roads
  • Chauffer driven / self driven-self and may be my dad who is 65
  • Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family-dad -age 65
  • Any specific requirements from car (ex. Better luggage space, responsive engine, rear seat comfort) -compact -power steering, air conditioning-must.
  • How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you)till it or me curls up and dies.

Naj,
IF 4wd is not your requirement (i presume so, as you are doing the same roads with your ikon) then it is 207di crew cab EX with power steering. You can add a/c. It has nice driving position, good incabin space and is the best double cab available in 2wd form. It can take bad roads pretty well, but no off-roading please. This is a pure rough roading vehicle. The rear load carrier is wider and longer than camper deck and is also rated for better load carrying capability at about 700 kgs and camper is at about 500-600 kgs if iam not wrong. With front IFS this rides better. However the maintenance is more than the Camper marginally.

In 4wd form you have no choice other than 4wd camper Di turbo. But no A/c and power steering. Trax Cargo also has 4wd option but will recommend it only with diff locks. Here again you dont have a/c and p/s as option and even if there is (as per the website) you will have to wait endlessly!!

Hence considering your needs i would suggest 207Di crewcab Ex ! It suits your budget too
Old 9th October 2009, 17:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Take a look at force motors > judo, gurkha.
But nothing will be close to 5 Lakhs. OTR price will exceed 6 Lakhs.
Recently, we replaced our office staff transport vehicle from a Mahindra Maxx 10 STR to a Sumo Victa DI CX BS II 10 STR model which is the cheapest option and it cost us around 5.50 Lakhs OTR.
Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions! I jus got myself a Gypsy King y2k model. It was in pretty good shape and couldn't resist myself. This was under the 2.5L mark...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks