Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 10:31   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
That was the first thing that came to my mind after seeing the picture. The 'RED' volvo truck is bang in the center of the picture and is so obvious.
This remainds me of the new Indigo CS ad. The "RED" Indigo CS standing in the center of all the white cars.
Old 17th June 2008, 10:35   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Which way were they heading to hyderabad or pune ?
Where does mercedes assemble/manufacture these trucks ?
I don't think Actros' are assembled at the Pune plant. But they definitely might be stocked in the Pune unit. I saw them travelling in the direction of Sholapur from Pune.
Old 17th June 2008, 11:29   #18
SuperSyn

What kind of mining are these guys doing to be able to afford so many "high-end" trucks? Diamonds?!!

What I really would like to see is convoys of Mercedes, Volvos, DAFs etc on our highways pulling trailers, bulk, reefers etc. And not a single P.O.S. Tata or Hinduja in sight.
Inshallah that day shall arrive soon.

Old 17th June 2008, 15:08   #19
BHPian

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use external picture hosts such as photobucket, imageshack etc. Your pictures have been reloaded via the Team-BHP Attachment system. We advise you to read our board rules carefully, before proceeding any further.

I'd like to see the Tata- Fiat partnership launch the Iveco brand of trucks in India.
Especially the Iveco Stralis

Source: Automobilescarstrucks.com
http://www.automobilescarstrucks.com...reklam_uj1.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 18th June 2008 at 14:03.
Old 17th June 2008, 15:51   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I remember seeing an Actros each being trucked on a Tata truck on the Pune - Hyderabad highway. There used to be a convoy of Actros' being carried piggy back on Tata trucks.
You're right - most of these heavy duty Actros / Volvo etc. are in turn trucked by a Tata 3515 EX (model number ??). These can be spotted on most of the stretches of NH4
Old 17th June 2008, 17:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think Actros' are assembled at the Pune plant. But they definitely might be stocked in the Pune unit. I saw them travelling in the direction of Sholapur from Pune.
From what i have heard, the CV's are also manufactured out of a setup in Pune, like their cars.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

its not just the high end trucks india needs, its also high time india starts using only trailers,as its economical for both the customer and the owner of the trucks
using normal 6 wheelers,10 wheelers is not very economic
Old 18th June 2008, 20:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Due to the high demand Actros is now assembeled as SKD in a seperate production line at Mercedes' Chikali plant with the available space. But once the new plant at Chakan commences they will have a fulfledge production line with more capacity.

Anyway Mercedes India has preponded the work schedule of their up coming plant due to the limited facitilities & increasing demenad of both cars & trucks. We may also see the M-class be assembled as SKD.

But Mercedes India has confirmed that they will not have a space for coach building in the new plant, that will be carried out in Jalandhar by their partner Sutlej Motors.
Old 30th April 2009, 23:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Press Release:

The first customers of Mercedes-Benz Actros now own 150 Actros trucks.
  • Mr. Umapathy Reddy, Mr. Sudhakara Reddy & Mr. Raguram Reddy who are partners of M/s BGR & Co had purchased the first Mercedes-Benz Actros on June 23, 2006. The company operates the SCCL mines of Ramagundam and Kothagundam in Andhra Pradesh.
  • Mr. Thomas Witzel, Director Sales and Marketing- Commercial Vehicles, Daimler Central/Eastern Europe, Africa & Asia and Dr. Wilfried Aulbur, Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India, handed over the keys to M/s BGR’s 150th Actros.
Ramagundam. Andhra Pradesh- Mr. Umapathy and Mr. Sudhakar Reddy were handed over the key of their 150th Actros truck at their mining site by Mr. Thomas Witzel, Director Sales and Marketing- Commercial Vehicles, Daimler Central/Eastern Europe, Africa & Asia, and Dr. Wilfried Aulbur, Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India. The hand-over ceremony was conducted at the Ramagundam Mines 250 kilometers from Hyderabad where these Actros trucks will be put into operation. M/s BGR & Co was the first customer in India of the Mercedes-Benz Actros; they are now the first to own a fleet of 150 Mercedes-Benz trucks in India.

The searing heat, the dusty and tough terrains and steep gradients of the mines are the probing grounds for the Mercedes-Benz Actros. These strenuous situations test man and machine to the limits. It is here that the Actros comes on its own. Mr. Sudhakar Reddy elaborates “The Actros is the most technologically advanced heavy-end truck in India.

Its advanced technology makes the Actros a reliable and robust carrier. In the end this translates into enhanced productivity. The auto transmission, thoughtful fitments and comfort ensure low driver fatigue; the on-board maintenance system ensures optimized efficiencies while efficient on-site support from Mercedes-Benz ensures that there is minimum downtime, if any. The 12 liter engine of the Actros delivers about 400 horsepower which makes it one of the most powerful vehicles in the tipper segment in India. These make the Actros an obvious choice for my mines.”

Dr. Aulbur further commented: “Actros is the fastest growing product in its segment and has helped optimize return on investment for its customers because of its low operating costs, minimal maintenance requirements and driver-friendly technology. The sums of many small and big measures ultimately make the Actros a product that delivers optimum returns.”

With the local production of the Actros, Mercedes-Benz has ensured that they can meet the increasing demands from their customers in India. The footprint of the Actros has grown over the last 2 years and the trucks now operate across 20+ mines in 8+ states of India. The service and after-sales footprint has also kept pace with this growth: presently Mercedes-Benz has 9 after sales hubs in India to provide on-site service for its customers.

The growing economy and focus on infrastructural development has increased the scope and demand for high-tonnage applications in India.

Source: Media.Mercedes Benz India.
Attached Thumbnails
The first customers of Mercedes-Benz Actros now own 100 Actros trucks.-150th-actros-same-customer-copy-1.jpg  

Last edited by hanmust : 30th April 2009 at 23:54.
Old 1st May 2009, 00:02   #25
BHPian

if this guy owns 100 volvos and 150 actros..imagine if he wakes up one fine morning and says to himself...time to collect a few super cars/suvs/lux sedans...where would he start ??

Last edited by pranava999 : 1st May 2009 at 00:03.
Old 1st May 2009, 00:30   #26
BHPian

how much do one of these truck cost.?
Old 1st May 2009, 08:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
if this guy owns 100 volvos and 150 actros..imagine if he wakes up one fine morning and says to himself...time to collect a few super cars/suvs/lux sedans...where would he start ??
, but dude, its is his investment to his business, so consider is as the capital to his businees! But from what I heard, he is a very simple man & also live a simple life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
how much do one of these truck cost.?
It cost almost around Rs.85 Lacs with the tipper!
Old 1st May 2009, 09:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

85 lakhs per actros x 150 = Rs. 127.5 crores
85 lakhs per volvo x 100 = Rs. 85 crores

127.5 + 85 = Rs. 212.5 crores!!!!!!!

what an investment!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 1st May 2009 at 09:09.
Old 1st May 2009, 09:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
What kind of mining are these guys doing to be able to afford so many "high-end" trucks? Diamonds?!!
Ramagundaam is the heart of Singareni coal mines.

I think the telugu movie directors are unaware of these many trucks available very close to Hyderabad. Else they would shoot a lavish climax fight among the 150 trucks and even manage to blast one of them high in to air. Blasting Sumos, Scorpios and Safaris has become very common these days.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 1st May 2009 at 09:33.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats a collection. I doubt the movie industry would pay a bomb to shoot at such a location!! For one these guys wont like to stop working even for a few hours if i am right so no movie shooting guys back to digging

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks