Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 10:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I have travelled by Conti a number of time and it was a wonderful experience, with the way they drive and the courtesy of the staff. Unfortunate that one of theirs met with this accident. But the driver should have been a bit more careful, he should have know better about these 'Tamilkudimagan'!!!
Conti drivers are possibly the safest pair of hands among all the private transporters. Its a pity that the mob wants a pound of flesh of the driver first before realising who was at fault.
Old 15th October 2008, 10:48   #17
BHPian

Good to hear that you have recovered. While reading I only visualised that you guys must have hit the Bike but surprised that even the Volvo overturned.

Must me a real horrifying incident for you.
Old 15th October 2008, 10:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

My God, what an experience, thank God you are almost fully recovered!

Excellent narration skills as well.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Conti drivers are possibly the safest pair of hands among all the private transporters. Its a pity that the mob wants a pound of flesh of the driver first before realising who was at fault.
+1 to both of you statements.

With regard to the 'pound of flesh', it is the typical mob attitude that we have, target the person with the larger vehicle, regardless of who is at fault!

And, sometimes, even if they do know the fault lies with the other, then target the outsider!
Old 15th October 2008, 11:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

That's really scary. Good that you came out with only a minor hair line crack. Get well soon.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Ohh that was scarryy! i thought it was the accident which happened recently, KSRTC Volvo.....

ANyways good you are fine!
Old 15th October 2008, 13:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
I feel buses like VOLVOS should offer seat belts to passengers.
I've travelled in a KSRTC volvo that had seat belts. Not sure if these come by default in new buses and is removed by the operators as a nuisance.
Old 15th October 2008, 13:50   #23
Jay
BHPian

That was a scary experience, good to know you are not hurt much, get well soon.
Old 15th October 2008, 13:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

My prayers with you brother.
Old 15th October 2008, 17:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

So you finally pen down the incident, I can still remember I had talked to you the previous evening and was expecting you back in Bangalore.
You should quit whatever you are doing and consider being a thriller writer bro.

Quote:
Still avoiding long travel distances & biking.
Are we being truthful here?
BTW how's your Dio that you ride to work?
Old 15th October 2008, 18:35   #26
BHPian

Wish you a speedy recovery. I agree that Conti travels is in the elite group of trusted and safe operators. Accidents do happen though.
Old 15th October 2008, 19:09   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Good to hear that you have recovered. While reading I only visualised that you guys must have hit the Bike but surprised that even the Volvo overturned.
In an attempt to evade the motorcyclist, the bus driver must have given a sharp turn of the steering wheel. That, along with the speed at which it was done would have led to loss of balance, and the bus overturned.
Old 15th October 2008, 20:27   #28
BHPian

Video of what might have happend to the volvo

Nevertouchme, i understand the horror.
A similar incident happened to me almost a year ago when i took the volvo from Hyderabad to Bangalore. Just before penukonda town, early morning at around 6:00am, a milk man on a cycle was coming on to the highway from a dusty mud road. I was in the 2nd seat aisle looking at the road. At a split second there was a dance between the volvo and the milkman. The driver got confused and before i realized, there was a thud sound. The brakes were so hard that the volvo did an almost 360 on the road, Luckly that there were no other lorries at that time.

Later i googled a lot on volvo accidents and came across this video.
Thanked god on how lucky i was that the bus didn't topple.
From then on, almost avoid taking a bus.
I think, the drivers have to be trained not just on straight driving but also on the vehicle dynamics and other things. Hundreds of them cut back onto the road at the same speed after the diversions. Some times i have felt the slide when they do this. They go as close as 5 feet before overtaking a lorry. Some how, though the buses are good, i some times feel the drivers are not trained enough.
One thing to look out for before taking a volvo is to check for the consistency of the drivers. Ie, some drivers keep driving the same bus and same route for a long time. If you see a new driver everytime, its better to avoid the company. while these are just some precautions, it all depends on the luck factors too, cause these 'All-india kudimagans' might pop up anytime and anywhere.

guys, have a look at this video and this gives you a fair idea of what would have happened Nevertouchme's case. be carefull in choosing your next bus.

safety first.
krishna.
Old 15th October 2008, 21:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thank god you are safe.

I really am scared to drive through NH in Tamilnadu due to the mopeds. They just come out of nowhere and go nowhere. I remember my freak accident with my esteem near Perundurai because of one such character.
Old 15th October 2008, 21:15   #30
BHPian

That was damn close. yeah the two wheelers in there are reckless drives, they keep moving around on the road as if they own the road the state too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks