Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 01:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
dude dont you see that card they provide in the seat pocket. there are slides. at least thats what ive seen on most planes. those slides also become rafts.
those slides and rafts are to be used in case of landing or disaster in water, forget about this lets stick to the topic
Old 6th November 2008, 03:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
those slides and rafts are to be used in case of landing or disaster in water, forget about this lets stick to the topic
Amit my friend, you have clearly made an incorrect statement. The slides in aircraft inflate even during emergency landings on land. As Akshay said, read the safety cards in the seat pockets. Safety of any type is never off topic. Here is youtube link showing an emergency landing.

Old 6th November 2008, 10:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
please see the illustration below what might have happened. RED block is a stationary lorry. GREEN is the overtaking truck who is right. then BLUE block is the maniac bus driver. the distance between the bus and overtaking truck is very less. the driver cannot even see whats on the left side of the truck. and he just flips the bus to the left to overtake. and within seconds he clashes on the stationary lorry.
From the picture it looks like the accident happened on a curving right turn. In that case it would have been even more difficult to notice the stationary lorry. And people who park their vehicles right after a blind turn are one of the worse lots.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
From the picture it looks like the accident happened on a curving right turn. In that case it would have been even more difficult to notice the stationary lorry. And people who park their vehicles right after a blind turn are one of the worse lots.
That is correct. And that puts the driver of the bus at double fault. Overtaking from the wrong side on a right curving road is plain stupid.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:26   #20
BHPian

As far as I could remember, this bus must be from the first lots of MB buses lunched in India. Sharma Group was one of the buyers along with Konduskar and Neeta. The bus costs a woping 80lacs+.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
As far as I could remember, this bus must be from the first lots of MB buses lunched in India. Sharma Group was one of the buyers along with Konduskar and Neeta. The bus costs a woping 80lacs+.
This is indeed from the 1st lot of buses handed over to Sharma among others. What was surprising was the bus was parked for a good couple of days waiting for the Merc folks to take away. Merc still is someway away from setting up a good *** setup I suppose
Old 6th November 2008, 11:45   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
This is indeed from the 1st lot of buses handed over to Sharma among others. What was surprising was the bus was parked for a good couple of days waiting for the Merc folks to take away. Merc still is someway away from setting up a good *** setup I suppose
Just look at the IRONY of the whole thing. Are we Indians so lethargic and dumb? This accounts to attempt to murder.

Here we have a death because of a wrongly parked truck/bus whatever. After that the bus that met with the accident is parked in the same place for 2 WHOLE DAYS. My minds boggles to think how many more could have been put to risk. And someone said it was around a right hander. What are we coming too?

I think the bus driver along with the owners and the MB person responsible for towing this vehicle off should be shot in the head. Are we such big morons?
Old 6th November 2008, 11:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

the whole system is at fault. if you move your vehicle after the accident there are chances that the POLICE will make wrong panchanama(FIR) of the accident. even the insurance people will put you in trouble.

so people tend to park their vehicle as it is and wait for authorities to come to the spot. and this makes sense, to justify whose fault it is.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:01   #24
BANNED

Quote:
the whole system is at fault. if you move your vehicle after the accident there are chances that the POLICE will make wrong panchanama(FIR) of the accident. even the insurance people will put you in trouble.

so people tend to park their vehicle as it is and wait for authorities to come to the spot. and this makes sense, to justify whose fault it is.
You wait for the panchanama to happen for 2 days? There has been a death dude. The body wont be released unless all the formalities have been finished by the police. For all things i know about police they wont delay the proceedings for a group like Sharma Travels these guys are good buddies. Why do you think the driver was still there?
Old 6th November 2008, 12:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

The bus was certainly on a curve and at an incline as well, but it was certainly not at a blind spot, unless and until somebody decides to do a suicidal overtaking attempt like the one the bus guy attempted and ended up getting here in the first place.

Also the information about the bus staying there for couple of days was gathered while discussing with the people out there, so there could be an element of exaggeration. I feel we should give the benefit of doubt to Merc & Sharma as well. If there was a possibility for the bus to be removed without any delay it would have been done. Incidentally I did not see the stationery truck which was supposed to have been the cause of the accident.

Last edited by pypkmsrikanth : 6th November 2008 at 12:20.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2008, 12:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You wait for the panchanama to happen for 2 days? There has been a death dude. The body wont be released unless all the formalities have been finished by the police. For all things i know about police they wont delay the proceedings for a group like Sharma Travels these guys are good buddies. Why do you think the driver was still there?
panchanama might have be done within the hours for sure. they dont delay so much at all. be it sharma or other travels they will do the panchanama and do the needful for the deceased. but if the tax or other papers arent clear they will delay the further processes for Sharmas. i think the accident has taken place freshly.
many times when a truck or a bus meets with accident or even if the bus break downs or something some or the other attendents wait near the bus. many times local chaps steal things/parts/tyres/batteries. so they even wait for the whole night.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:33   #27
BANNED

Quote:
panchanama might have be done within the hours for sure. they dont delay so much at all. be it sharma or other travels they will do the panchanama and do the needful for the deceased. but if the tax or other papers arent clear they will delay the further processes for Sharmas.
Once panchanama is done bus can be moved to the police station if papers are an issue. Nobody will leave it at the accident site.

Quote:
i think the accident has taken place freshly.
If that was the case then there is no issue. But the person who took the snap spoke to the driver and mentioned the bus has been standing there for a couple of days.

Quote:
many times when a truck or a bus meets with accident or even if the bus break downs or something some or the other attendents wait near the bus. many times local chaps steal things/parts/tyres/batteries. so they even wait for the whole night.
This is the apathy i am questioning. Why do they do that. A bus/truck can be moved asap. It is a major hazard for traffic on that stretch. No one wants to do it as towing it will cost and they dont want to spend instead wait for it to be repaired right there without any bother for the safety of other road users. In the above case they might have been waiting indefinitely for MB or someone with whom they have a contract with to tow/repair the bus. Believe me if Sharma has it in their hands to get the bus on road they will do it without waiting. But i guess since they were not getting affected financially because of this they arent bothering. One bus off the road for one day is loss for the company.

Last edited by Spitfire : 6th November 2008 at 12:36.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

We should be thankful that they have not started repairing the bus standing at the same point, although thats not an uncommon sight et all during breakdowns.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:50   #29
BHPian

Hey guys one small quetion regarding the Merc Bus..Isnt it equipped with air bags ?
Old 6th November 2008, 16:56   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Yep, the first lot was picked up by neeta, konduskar and sharma. Sharma even picked up the new B9R also (so did Neeta)

PS : u work for an automotive mag, right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks