Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 12:17   #16
BHPian

Hi,
Tamilnadu has the dubious distinction of the NUMBER 1 state in accidents .

Tamilians can take PRIDE in being NO 1 in ANYTHING they do!

Not a laughing matter this!
Old 5th January 2009, 12:21   #17
BHPian

It Happens in Pune City too

Hi All,

Today morning I was driving towards office on a 2 lane road. On a right turn a Truck Trailer is trying to overtake an Auto. The Auto driver is another schumi of pune, speeding the Auto and not allowing the trailer to pass. By this act they have blocked the complete road.

I have to brake very hard, pulled out of the tarmac to gravel and let them pass.
The trailer is a Govt vehicle and unloaded. Also PMT Bus Drivers are really reckless in city and doesn’t care about other, I find BEST drivers much better in this case.

These Govt Driver think they cannot loose there job if they hit somebody on the road while duty.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th January 2009 at 12:56. Reason: Font tags
Old 5th January 2009, 14:33   #18
BHPian

Petro, my sympathies mate. All I can say is, crap happens on the highway.

But it's not just the buses in TN that are devilish. The brethren here in Maharashtra are equally dangerous. I've lost count of the number of times when an ST bus has missed me by a cat's whisker. Have braked hard, swerved at the last moment, got two wheels off the tarmac, have done it all. Now it just comes from instinct.

Two things I'd like to say.

Never, never, overtake when the guys in the opposite lane are getting it on with each other.

Try, as much as possible, to not come to a complete halt. (Although, you have mentioned you had to.) Saves you from being rear ended from the fellow coming up behind.

I also had a question here.

Could a hazard warning help in this case, after you had braked to a standstill? Maybe to warn the truck behind you that he too will have to brake hard...
Old 5th January 2009, 16:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
This is very common scene in TN. Not only the state transport it includes the private bus operator too. I dont know why this craziness on driving. This might be also a influence of their great actor RAJANI
TN GOVT should take some strict action ob this.
You don't have to pull in RAJNI into this
Old 5th January 2009, 20:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
Petro, my sympathies mate. All I can say is, crap happens on the highway.
Thank you for your concern mate. My dad always warns me not to open up too much in highways, he once said the same dialogue to me.

Quote:
Could a hazard warning help in this case, after you had braked to a standstill? Maybe to warn the truck behind you that he too will have to brake hard...
I have seen VW Golf's website ( please check it out - Volkswagen - Night Driving by Golf ). VW has put in that feature into Golf (I dont know if any other cars have it.) If you hit the brakes hard all the 4 indicators blink up.

It would really help in most situation bus as aaggoswami said

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
what happens is the trucks are rarely maintained, and chances of mechanical error are present. Brakes not responding is very common.
In that case, nothing could have helped.

Also in my case the truck driver was having more than 1 car distance to break. He thought of overtaking me. His judgement went wrong.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:53   #21
BHPian

Hey petrohead is your zing KL registered??If yes that could be a reason why the truck driver threathened you instead of atleast saying sorry.Forget spending 16,000K atleast you all are safe.

No offence ment but in south india these truck and specially bus drivers are very arregant on highways,feel like hammering these illiterate morons
Old 5th January 2009, 22:24   #22
BHPian

Well I understand I have been through the same many times !! since mine is a santro too there have been instances were in I have got down the road just to be on the defensive side !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
This is very common scene in TN. Not only the state transport it includes the private bus operator too. I dont know why this craziness on driving. This might be also a influence of their great actor RAJANI
TN GOVT should take some strict action ob this.
I just dont know how Rajni kanth influences that style !! and also I can remember no such movies were in he was a bus driver too
Old 5th January 2009, 22:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
You don't have to pull in RAJNI into this
Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
I just dont know how Rajni kanth influences that style !! and also I can remember no such movies were in he ws a bus driver too
I don't have any Bad Intention to tell on your favorite idle whom you gave respect.
I just wanted to tell that. They tried to copy the STYLE and AGGREGATION from RAJANI's Movie. There might not be any movie on Bus but he has a style.
Old 6th January 2009, 12:10   #24
BHPian

Hey Petro, that's a really cool feature. Would help save more than a few rear enders. Haven't heard of it on any other car though.

@Sowmya - Maharashtra doesn't have any Rajnikants. Yet, our ST drivers have all the style and aggression you could ask for. Seeing them tiptoeing in between the smallest of gaps is a sight for scared eyes
Old 6th January 2009, 12:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
Hey petrohead is your zing KL registered?
Yep! Mine is KL registered. I had problems with cop. Not actually problems, they bribed us for ... ( I hope you have got GTO's mail not to discuss alco related stuff in team-bhp so zippin my mouth! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
No offense meant but in south India these truck and specially bus drivers are very arrogant on highways,feel like hammering these illiterate morons
I second you !!
Old 6th January 2009, 12:47   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
I just dont know how Rajni kanth influences that style !! and also I can remember no such movies were in he was a bus driver too
Well, he was a bus conductor in real life. So there is a connection.

Quote:
@Sowmya - Maharashtra doesn't have any Rajnikants.
Wrong, Rajnikanth is a Maharashtrian!
Old 6th January 2009, 14:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wrong, Rajnikanth is a Maharashtrian!
I know Sam. Shivajirao (Not da Boss!) Something. No wonder our ST drivers also display a penchant for danger!
Old 6th January 2009, 23:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
@Sowmya - Maharashtra doesn't have any Rajnikants.
Good point !!! You have many Rajni not one... SRK,John,Amitabh....

TN people are more inclined toward entertainment industry. You will not believe my office in Chennai had issued movie ticket while "Shivaji" released.

Old 7th January 2009, 09:26   #29
BHPian

These things happen on all roads and is just not isolated to TN alone. Yesterday I had 2 close shaves with lorries trying to overtake tractors on the 2 lane roads at twilight while returning from office. Had the place on road to drive in 2nd gear as I was riding my bike.

My friend once had a chance to sit behind the driver of a long distance 3 lettered private operator between Bangalore & Nagercoil and he said the driver scared the **** out of him with his overtaking especially during the night with all the 4 laning work going on. The driver had absolutely no concern about vehicles coming head on.
Old 9th January 2009, 07:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
My friend once had a chance to sit behind the driver of a long distance 3 lettered private operator between Bangalore & Nagercoil and he said the driver scared the **** out of him with his overtaking especially during the night with all the 4 laning work going on. The driver had absolutely no concern about vehicles coming head on.
Had that feeling !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks