Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: autoricks in london,a good move or a bad one??
autos in london, a good move? 16 38.10%
Or a bad one? 26 61.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2005, 12:38   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
indian autorickshaws exported to london! yes its true...

well u heard it right,its all over the bangalore times...indian autorickshaws are heading londons way!!!
wow y the hell would they want to do that,ricks in the busly streets of london..well the point was to provide better and cheaper means of transport for the tourists and also promote better tourism.. but the cab drivers are taking this move with a bitter dissappointment as surely it would affect their jobs..and are complaining about how the ricks can easily topple,how unsafe they are and kinds..
well what are ur opinions guys..is it a good move or not by the english authorities???
Old 30th August 2005, 13:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

First the Enfield, now this! It appears we are really still holding a grudge against them for all those years of their rule over us

I think we should ship off all our existing mumbai taxi's and drivers as well.
Old 30th August 2005, 13:30   #3
Team-BHP Support

Well the first automobile we officialy exported was the Ambassador. I assume it would be a clean air (read as battery operated) version that would be exported for limted runs sort of like the golf carts that some hotels use to ferry guests. I dont see rickshaws surviing the M5.
Old 30th August 2005, 14:23   #4
BHPian

There seems to be a barter system ...we have their BEST busses ...they can have our Autos ...'exporting' the auto drivers along with them would be an icing on the cake !!!
Make London a living hell too!!
Old 30th August 2005, 14:39   #5
Team-BHP Support

not to forget their railroads and their post boxes.
Old 30th August 2005, 16:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

and their infrastructures also

It should be an electric autorickshaw or a MUCH MUCH MUCH cleaner engine. With the kind of pollution they cause here, Britishers are bound to suffocate and die there.
Old 30th August 2005, 16:25   #7
BHPian

Don't remember exactly which news paper had this, but I read it as Malaysian Autos being imported to London and Cab drivers there are protesting against this move.
Old 30th August 2005, 16:25   #8
BHPian

Not a nice move at all...what the hell were those Britishers thinking?? They are inviting trouble for themselves. Soon London is going to be right up there competing with the Indian Cities for the most number of autos!! I always thought that the Britishers were level-headed...now I think they needed a bit of sense before taking this decision.
Old 30th August 2005, 16:54   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
Not a nice move at all...what the hell were those Britishers thinking??
Maybe they want to include auto racing in the London Olympics. Get a few Chennai auto drivers in there and you'll get much more excitement than any, I repeat, any Formula 1 race!
Old 30th August 2005, 16:58   #10
BANNED

well come on guys,we hate ricks bcoz back here at home we come across the lousiest drivers of all times 90% constituting the rick drivers..no rules,no regulations and hell whats their job transport people from point A to B by taking the maximum risks possible(includes swerving in all directions,cutting across,skipping signals,using kerosene to save on petrol money and what not, guys pls add to the list if i have missed any haha)..but one thing we need to remember is back in the land of the "QUEEN" its not posssible to ride these ricks the way that our blokes do back here..well they ought to be more responsible in england where high standards are set on road safety..well getting these ricks to run in london will not be such a bad idea after all i feel..guess who will be the happiest lot of all,well guess guess...our very own indians back at london(wont they be hungry to save money that they spend on cabs,typically mentality i must add)...and all they will say is this is another way of being connected to our motherland(india) by travelling in the "janataka favourite transport" that everyone uses back home..
well couriering these auto drivers along with their 3 wheelers will surely be like a chilled icing on a blackforest cake(yummy!!)..so guys start ur prayers..
Old 30th August 2005, 17:00   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Maybe they want to include auto racing in the London Olympics. Get a few Chennai auto drivers in there and you'll get much more excitement than any, I repeat, any Formula 1 race!
true to the fullest extent!!!
Old 9th September 2005, 20:42   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

London traffic is bad.... but it would be pretty cool going down oxford street on a rickshaw
Old 9th September 2005, 21:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

You now need to pay like 10 pounds or something to drive your car in downtown London. Maybe the autos are exempt.
Old 9th September 2005, 21:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Well its a really bad move. They Shouldnot have done this, not a style statement. The Amby would have done a better job!
Old 10th September 2005, 09:46   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
First the Enfield, now this! It appears we are really still holding a grudge against them for all those years of their rule over us

I think we should ship off all our existing mumbai taxi's and drivers as well.
I think that exporting the Indicas and rebadging them as Rovers made for all the revenge we could possibly want

Whats next? San Storms?

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks