Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 13:11   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
A travel operator in Mumbai (Bhagirathi trans corpo) has purchased Tata Marcopolo low floor AC buses for intercity operations! I have never heard of such a thing before.

Saw one such bus today evening, but could not take a pic due to low light. The bus has been fitted with the reclining seats found in Intercity buses. It does not have rear door. That place is taken by an additional window which looks extremely weird as it is of a different size than the others. There seemed to be an emergency exit door at the location of rear door. The front door too was smaller than usual (two parts instead of 4). A small vertical fixed glass filled the space that was created due to the smaller door.

I found this extremely unusual. Why would any operator do this? The low floor Marcopolo has a pathetic suspension. I wonder what must be happening to the passengers inside.
Volvo low floor buses are running as Intercity buses in TN. The regular padded seats are converted to high backrest - non reclining seats and used.
Wrt to Marcopolo, it should have been available to him at a very cheaper price. That should be a non moving stock made for some STU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
According to a facebook update , KeSRTC has dispatched a Volvo low floor city bus to work the TVM BLR route yesterday evening since the regular Volvo B7 R was unavailable.
-- Wind
The picture is just a regular low floor - not even stanchions are removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Has any of our Bhpians have used Hyderabad - Madurai services either in KPN or Kesineni? There are 2 services operated by both the operators I guess 1 each for Trivandrum and 2nd one to Madurai. The Trivandrum starts from hyderabad around 2.30PM while the Madurai service starts by around 5 pm. I would like to know tentative arrival time so that I can plan my day accordingly.

Any feedback on the services would be really appreciated.
I have seen this bus at Dindugal By pass around 6 AM. So It should comfortably reach Madurai by 7 AM.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 6th August 2012 at 13:16.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 14:00   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Has any of our Bhpians have used Hyderabad - Madurai services either in KPN or Kesineni? There are 2 services operated by both the operators I guess 1 each for Trivandrum and 2nd one to Madurai. The Trivandrum starts from hyderabad around 2.30PM while the Madurai service starts by around 5 pm. I would like to know tentative arrival time so that I can plan my day accordingly.

Any feedback on the services would be really appreciated.
We have 4 services in this route. Two services each to Trivandrum and Madurai.

One of my friend used these services and he said buses bound to Trivandrum reaches madurai before 7 AM. He is a regular user of these services.

KPN:
Trivandrum service starts at 1.30 PM and arrival time is mentioned as 5.30 AM.
Madurai service starts at 5.30 PM and arrival time is given as 9.30 AM. I have seen this bus many times in madurai during this time.
Kesineni:
Trivandrum service starts at 2.30 PM (Journey time: 15:30 hrs)
Madurai service starts at 4.30 PM (Journey time:17 hrs)
dhandapanik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 14:08   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
According to a facebook update , KeSRTC has dispatched a Volvo low floor city bus to work the TVM BLR route yesterday evening since the regular Volvo B7 R was unavailable.

Here is the pic:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...82243525_o.jpg

-- Wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
The picture is just a regular low floor - not even stanchions are removed.
KeSRTC has got some weird people. However, with this, they did provide a Volvo A/C bus for the Tvm-Blr service, as advertised

They had purchased 12M buses with 177bhp engines and used a slave engine for the AC. Body from Irizar-TVS. Then scrapped all of them very soon, quoting frequent issues with the AC and slave engine. At around the same time, bought Tata Globus LPO1616c buses. They were in service, despite frequent breakdowns, for a period longer than their usual time (IIRC 5 years for Deluxe and above class of service).

They also run an Ordinary service using a 183bhp BS3 Leyland (no air suspension), while the Super Deluxe buses are still 114bhp Vikings (with rear air suspension) - ageing warhorses that are more than 5 years old.

I think KeSRTC is inviting trouble by using the 8400LE for intercity operations, as the JnNURM scheme does not allow buses bought under that scheme to be used for routes outside the city.

I have serious concerns on the future of the corporation, considering the way it's managed by the present govt.

Quote:
Wrt to Marcopolo, it should have been available to him at a very cheaper price. That should be a non moving stock made for some STU.
Those smokey rattle-traps? My heartfelt condolences to the unfortunate passengers

Last edited by silversteed : 6th August 2012 at 14:11.
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 14:10   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This factor did cross my mind. Do you have an idea about the cost difference between a Marcopolo and say a Hispano/Isuzu?
Old 6th August 2012, 14:49   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This factor did cross my mind. Do you have an idea about the cost difference between a Marcopolo and say a Hispano/Isuzu?
I dont know about which Marcopolo you are speaking, but the difference between Hispano/Isuzu is very less and will be max 3 lks. The older lot of Hispano is still available and are also given for a cheaper price like the ones mentioned here.
Old 6th August 2012, 15:01   #741
BHPian

Kallada Travels has started operating from Manipal to Kottayam via Mangalore, Calicut and Ernakulam. Rs 1100 from start to end.
Old 6th August 2012, 16:40   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
We have 4 services in this route. Two services each to Trivandrum and Madurai.

One of my friend used these services and he said buses bound to Trivandrum reaches madurai before 7 AM. He is a regular user of these services.

KPN:
Trivandrum service starts at 1.30 PM and arrival time is mentioned as 5.30 AM.
Madurai service starts at 5.30 PM and arrival time is given as 9.30 AM. I have seen this bus many times in madurai during this time.
Kesineni:
Trivandrum service starts at 2.30 PM (Journey time: 15:30 hrs)
Madurai service starts at 4.30 PM (Journey time:17 hrs)
Which one does your friend prefers, KPN or Kesineni?
Old 6th August 2012, 19:53   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Which one does your friend prefers, KPN or Kesineni?
He used both and said both the operators are good.

Only difference he said is the movie that is played. KPN plays Tamil movies and Kesineni plays both depending on the availability.
dhandapanik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 10:31   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know about which Marcopolo you are speaking, but the difference between Hispano/Isuzu is very less and will be max 3 lks.
I am talking about this Marcopolo, with one door removed and reclining seats fitted:

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-5267444115_0cbaccfc90.jpg

And I was asking about the price difference between this marcopolo and a hispano AND the price difference between this marcopolo and an Isuzu, not the difference between Hispano and Isuzu.
Old 7th August 2012, 11:21   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am talking about this Marcopolo, with one door removed and reclining seats fitted:

Attachment 966501

And I was asking about the price difference between this marcopolo and a hispano AND the price difference between this marcopolo and an Isuzu, not the difference between Hispano and Isuzu.
Also they have this version of Tata Marcopolo available for Omni bus operators as mentioned in this post.

Are you sure you are not seeing this version with the private operator?
Old 20th August 2012, 08:14   #746
Senior - BHPian

I saw a crawlinlg old volvo at ollur written Annie in the front and side on last saturday morning. In the back its written Kerala lines and two travel centers are also mentioned. They operate Bangalore - Thrissur route i guess.

Yesterday night I was waiting for greenline to Trivandrum near KSRTC busstand. Saw the Annie Volvo(B7R) again , Felt some thing wrong and walked near to it and came to know that it broke down with passangers onboard and a local mechanic was trying to resolve the issue. while most of the passangers crowded at the rear of the Annie Volvo.

By the time the the greenline came and i started off to TVM. Any more info about the Annie Travels ? I am seeing it for the first time.

Also Check out the Bethlehem transports which operates on Trivandrum - Chennai , they have individual entartainment system with Wi-Fi connectivity on board for. Sharing few images of the same.Image source:- Bethlehem Website.

Also saw the BharatBenz show room near alwaye is that operational ?
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-b-1.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-b-2.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-b-3.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-b-4.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-b-5.jpg  

Old 20th August 2012, 09:44   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Yesterday night I was waiting for greenline to Trivandrum near KSRTC busstand. Saw the Annie Volvo(B7R) again , Felt some thing wrong and walked near to it and came to know that it broke down with passangers onboard and a local mechanic was trying to resolve the issue. while most of the passangers crowded at the rear of the Annie Volvo.

By the time the the greenline came and i started off to TVM. Any more info about the Annie Travels ? I am seeing it for the first time.
"Annie International" is the operator. Its an old bus (ex-Puzhekadavil/Raj National, if I am not wrong). This operator operates the buses only during weekends. They run Bangalore-Ernakulam.

This is the bus:
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_3247.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2012, 19:26   #748
Senior - BHPian

Last week, i saw this tanker in Coimbatore and was surprised to see the ABS brake feature.

Long back in the 2004-05, in CMBT(Chennai) bus stand, i saw a TNSTC leyland bus with the "ABS brake fitted" sticker at the rear glass.

If fitting ABS is possible, why is not prevalent?
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-image0070.jpg  

Last edited by ramzsys : 23rd August 2012 at 19:27.
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:59   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Last week, i saw this tanker in Coimbatore and was surprised to see the ABS brake feature.

ABS is mandatory for vehicles transporting hazardous goods and hence this feature is offered as an option. It is available also on high end buses.
Old 24th August 2012, 14:44   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Long back in the 2004-05, in CMBT(Chennai) bus stand, i saw a TNSTC leyland bus with the "ABS brake fitted" sticker at the rear glass.

I believe ABS is standard for all HMV's and Buses. Have never seen buses lock up under emergency braking here. Must be due to ABS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks