Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 21:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Garrett, 20k PSI of power (I hope this PSI is the same as what we use in terms of air pressure) is monstrous. This thread is getting more informative day by day, great.
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Garrett, 20k PSI of power (I hope this PSI is the same as what we use in terms of air pressure) is monstrous. This thread is getting more informative day by day, great.
the 20k pressure is not in terms of air pressure, it means that the bit exerts 20,000 pounds of cutting force on each square inch of rock it is in contact with. imagine the torque !
Old 4th May 2010, 07:44   #18
BHPian

hard rock ?.piece of cake !
Attached Thumbnails
my 2 new workhorses-MAIT HR 180 ! and SOILMEC SM-14-hr-180-folsom-007.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 12:10   #19
BANNED

I have seen quite a few of these machines as they are being used to drill piles for the ongoing Bangalore Metro project. In fact, we have an operator who stays at our PG who operates the MAIT. He told me that he is paid INR 18500 per month as salary True?

He also told me that these machines, unlike other drills, do not pull the OB/debris out of the pit but push it in. True?
Old 4th May 2010, 12:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I have seen quite a few of these machines as they are being used to drill piles for the ongoing Bangalore Metro project. In fact, we have an operator who stays at our PG who operates the MAIT. He told me that he is paid INR 18500 per month as salary True?

He also told me that these machines, unlike other drills, do not pull the OB/debris out of the pit but push it in. True?
The pay you are talking about depends on the quality of the job, usually the mait does 4-6 piles a day , but there are always exceptions (i have an operator who can do an average on 9 !) the operator has the main job of controlling the machine and directing the laborers so the better he does his job, the more handsomely he is paid ! The pay can range anywhere from INR 12000-20000 per month

To get your doubts cleared i will give a simple example . There are two ways you can do piling hammering and rotary.

HAMMERING-It is as simple as driving a nail into wood using a hammer (only difference is that the nail is 197 feet long ) this is the technique your friend is talking about. when you hammer a nail into wood, nothing comes out, all the surrounding wood dislocates a little bit,well here earth mass dislocates.
-this technique is generally used with very soft(sandy soil) or medium hardness soil.

ROTARY- first of all have a look at the picture in #8, This rotary bit acts like a screw threaded in wood, when a screw is threaded nothing actually comes out, but when it is rotated while held in place it acts like a DRILL BIT taking out material.

No matter which process you use for earth removal, you have to use ROTARY for hard rock.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:54   #21
BHPian

other 2 new machine's are going to be delivered in the next week !
Godzilla , here a come !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks