Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 19:35   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tata launches the Prima Construck range in India

Tata launches the Prima Construck range in India-prima-3128.k-.jpg

Tata launches the Prima Construck range in India-prima-2528.k.jpg

High Points:

- Tata Motors today announced the launch of the Prima Construck range in India. The range comprises of the Tata Prima 3128.K and Tata Prima 2528.K. Price range is between Rs. 33 lakhs to Rs. 40 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).

- The Tata Prima 3128.K tipper has been specially developed for road construction and irrigation projects. Powered by 270 HP engine, the Tata Prima 3128.K has a larger body for increased capacity. The model is tailor made for movement of earthwork and quarry material. The Tata Prima 3128.K is equipped with a data logger that helps measure vehicle performance and driving practices along several parameters on a daily basis.

- The Tata Prima 2528.K tipper has been designed for off-road deep mining applications. It is equipped with aggregates like a robust chassis frame, suspension, 1200x24 mining tyres and powered by a 270 HP engine. An air conditioned cabin, data logger and suspended driver seat are standard.

- Distribution of the Tata Prima Construck range will begin in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, West Bengal and Jharkhand.

- Driving crew of customers will be trained at Tata Motors’ manufacturing facility in Jamshedpur.

- The Tata Prima range, of which the Construck range is a part, comprises of about 10 major variants of multi-axle trucks, tractor-trailers, tippers, mixers and special application vehicles. The first product, the Prima 4028 S tractor-trailer was launched in November 2009, and was followed by two 49-tonne tractor-trailers in the same financial year. The range has been jointly developed by Tata Motors and its two subsidiaries, Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company in South Korea and the Tata Motors European Technical Centre in the UK.
Old 5th January 2011, 20:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata launches the Prima Construck range in India

Right on cue from Tata Motors.

Though I thought all trucks for mining and construction equipment were part of the Construck range as shown in their own website Welcome to Tata Motors Construck | Range of Trucks brought by Tata Motors .

One thing to notice on this truck is the vertical flow mufflers.

Also the body seems to be the same as the standard tippers, unlike the one shown by TML on their auto show model 3138K, as shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata launches the Prima Construck range in India-yellow_tata_prima_truck.jpg  

Old 6th January 2011, 13:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Surprised to see that the press release gives no information about the engine or the emission standard. Is Tata shy of admitting that the engine isn't theirs and that the truck isn't BS-IV compliant? I believe it uses Cummins C series 8.3 litre engine supplied by Cummins India but I'd like to be corrected if that isn't the case.
Old 6th January 2011, 16:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

As of now all the Prima models use the same engine, the 8.9 litre Cummins ISLe engine in its lowest power guise of 280hp and running in Euro III format, ie without the SCR and some ECU changes to allow for the bad quality of fuel that we get here. In all other respects the engine is same as that sold by Cummins all over the world. They are provided in a BSIII guise because that is what customers want.

As for not wanting to mention that the engine is a Cummins engine and not their own, the idea is completely ridiculous. Remember, in their normal M&HCV truck range the Cummins engine outsells the in-house 697 engine about 4:1.
Old 6th January 2011, 16:53   #5
BHPian

Some facination for the yellow color ? From Nano to this beast, ?

Serisouly just 270HP for moving heavy material, I understand its not meant to win drag races but still.
Old 6th January 2011, 17:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is FYI the lowest powered model in the series. The 320, 380 and 420hp models will be available in the future. As it is these trucks are pretty costly, dont think Tata will want to scare away all the customers by starting off with the high power trucks.

Dont know about fascination but most of the Construck Primas showcased till date have come with this yellow colour, though there are a lot more colours available, including custom colours if a customer wants to pay for them.
Old 6th January 2011, 23:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Tata launches the Prima Construck range in India-5305316841_84a25b7d41_b.jpg

Tata launches the Prima Construck range in India-5305909004_cbbfae50fe_b.jpg

Tata launches the Prima Construck range in India-5305913338_7dd6a23c0c_b.jpg
[Image Courtesy sree825, SkyscraperCity.com SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - India Commercial Vehicles & Road Transport Thread: Trucks, Trailers, Vans, Taxis, Autos etc (Pictures only)]
Old 7th January 2011, 08:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well, apparently due to the higher volumes (over 500 are already on order) and issues with delivery of the ISLe motors from CIL Pune, the higher volume tipper models have been provided with the latest ISBe engines being produced now at Jamshedpur itself at the Tata Cummins facililties. This engine is probably a longer stroke model of the 5.9litre ISBe that is used so heavily by TML. The ISLe enigine produces slightly higher horsepower at around 277hp.

Tata seem to be having some major issues with these high power engines from both Cummins and Fiat Powertrain.
Old 8th January 2011, 00:04   #9
BANNED

The yellow colour is basically for the transport industry . Most of the states to register a public heavy transport vehicle , the colour of the vehicle has to be yellow . That is why the fascination for yellow
Old 8th January 2011, 09:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
The yellow colour is basically for the transport industry . Most of the states to register a public heavy transport vehicle , the colour of the vehicle has to be yellow . That is why the fascination for yellow
From where did you get this information sir. Rarely do we find yellow coloured trucks on our roads. The yellow colour is for the number plate background to signify that the registration is for a commercial vehicle and not just a heavy vehicle.

Commercial registration has to be done for any vehicle which is used as a money earner, even a 2 wheeler, if you for example have a 2-wheeler renting business.
Old 8th January 2011, 11:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
From where did you get this information sir. Rarely do we find yellow coloured trucks on our roads. The yellow colour is for the number plate background to signify that the registration is for a commercial vehicle and not just a heavy vehicle.
In TN.
Autos regulated by rules.
For trucks when its sold out the front facia is turned into yellow what ever may be the colur of cab.
I should agree that this has nothing to do with the yellow colour of Prima.
Some thing other should be the reason.
Even AL uses yellow for export orders.
Old 8th January 2011, 12:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

I dont think all TN registered trucks that I have seen are yellow coloured. Yes all autos in TN are yellow, but I dont understand what rule is this exactly.
Old 8th January 2011, 13:22   #13
BANNED

There are 2 types of registrations which i know of . 1. private registration and 2 . public carrier .
When a public carrier has to be registered the colour has to be yellow . similar is the case with school buses . I dont know if the rules are changed , but i still see new trucks in yellow colour . It has something to do with visibility on the highways i guess .
Old 8th January 2011, 13:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
2 . public carrier .
When a public carrier has to be registered the colour has to be yellow .
I am always puzzled by that.
The NP trucks are never painted yellow.
They are in all colours. Also manufacturers also dont give with yellow.
I also feel the brown colour in NP trucks( in TN) was not a norm but followed just as a tradition.
Old 8th January 2011, 14:11   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
I am always puzzled by that.
The NP trucks are never painted yellow.
They are in all colours. Also manufacturers also dont give with yellow.
I also feel the brown colour in NP trucks( in TN) was not a norm but followed just as a tradition.

Normally the truck owner manages to change the colour by bribing the RTO guys .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks