Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 15:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan testing Atlas near Bangalore

Looks pretty nice. My guess is it should be something like a 3 or 4ton GVW vehicle.

What's the point of the mirror above thw winshield though?? Anybody have any idea or at least any decent guesses??
Old 28th February 2011, 15:56   #17
BANNED

Cant imagine this pick-up doing a 140kph!
It will be a severe rival to the ace and the recently launched genio by mahindra. IMO, it looks much better than the competition.

@julapani- exactly my initial thoughts! I think it is just for convenience so that the driver doesn't have to turn around completely while reversing. A nice thing though.

Last edited by DMehta : 28th February 2011 at 15:58.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Think this should be launched under AL brand as a part of their alliance and this will essentially be a new segment.
If its as a AL product this will defenitely be received well rather than launching under Nissan brand. With virtually no service centres for CVs this will not take off if launched as Nissan product.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:06   #19
BHPian

The front mirror is to check the gap to the front of the vehicle in bumper to bumper traffic
Old 28th February 2011, 16:12   #20
BHPian

This is definitely going to be the hottest looking LCV in the market. I hate to admit but the looks are simply awesome. As rightly pointed above this will have to be part of AL since Nissan is heavily concentrating on their 4 weheeler segment & will surely refrain from diluting their focus. There's already too much on Nissan's plate right now.
Just wonder who's next in line? BharatBenz???? U may never know.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Dont think this will rival the ace at all. This should have a payload of a good deal more than 1ton, which is what the ace offers. The Ace is a less than 2 ton GVW vehicle.

The only serious competition of this will I think be the ageing Tata407, which are now 5tone GVW. Though this will have lesser payload capacity, I think it will be more city friendly than the 407s. As of now there is no true direct competition for this truck, which slots in above the Ace, Maxximo etc but below a 407 in terms of GVW. ALL-Nissan will I think pull of what Tata so regularly does, create a new market segment all together, the medium duty intra-city truck.

The Genio is more of a pick-up truck, more in competition with I think the Tata 207 etc. This is an out and out truck.

As for its looks, if introduced as it is in these pics, it will definitely win the LCV beauty contest, if not the overall CV beauty contest.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Looks pretty nice. My guess is it should be something like a 3 or 4ton GVW vehicle.
I also guess the same thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
What's the point of the mirror above thw winshield though?? Anybody have any idea or at least any decent guesses??
This is nothing but another type proximity mirror where its used to see the front portion. This is similar to the other types like the one given on LH door.
The image below gives the idea how it will look from the drivers seat.
SCOOP : Nissan Commercial Vehicle spotted testing EDIT : Now as Ashok Leyland-102494406b1918.jpg
Image Courtesy : http://www.emercedesbenz.com/May06/1...tyTruck_1.html

Last edited by Ashley2 : 28th February 2011 at 16:54.
Old 28th February 2011, 16:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok, basically a frontal blind spot mirror, like the side blind spot mirrors which are now mandatory in India.
Old 28th February 2011, 19:18   #24
BHPian

Surely an interesting catch, I had heard something about Nissan coming into the Commercial market with a JV looks like it is manifesting. The front end sure has presence, is it just me or this actually has a lot of ACE written on it!
Old 28th February 2011, 21:25   #25

Nissan is certain to start their commercial vehicle operations with the Atlas.
Although this might end up in an identity mixup for the brand as the Micra is being promoted as a youth chic car which urban India would love.
And going by the image a CV carries in India, Nissan might get into a soup (especially when the "Sunny" is being planned for the Indian market)

Although Tata, Mahindra have been addressing both markets for ages ; for a Jap name, it is quite a task
Old 28th February 2011, 21:54   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

At last a quality product in the LCV market.
Will be a good rival to the the 407 and given everything is right will be swept away in urban India. Rural India will take much more to penetrate.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice, any launch dates?

I am in the market for a similar kind of CV and the specs looks tempting.

Cheers!
Old 1st March 2011, 00:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Looks like its aimed squarely at the market leader, TATA 407. Looks a lot like the old Alwynn Nissan Cabstar. Is Mahindra still making it?

Although, at 2000cc the engine size sounds quite small.

407 is 3 liter if I'm not mistaken.
Old 1st March 2011, 07:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yes the 407 is a 3litre engine, which now a days is available with as much as 100hp.

The 407 will still have the advantage of more payload than this with its 4-tyre rear axle configurations. But this will manage in-city traffic a lot more easily and its in city image will be a lot better.
Old 1st March 2011, 09:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaldahiwade View Post
Nissan is certain to start their commercial vehicle operations with the Atlas.
Nissan will fail if they launch the product under their Nissan Brand name.
Not that its just because of the primitive brand image they have here but how about the service centres?.If its with HCV's they can be in some highways and some prominent locations but for SCV's and LCV's it should be at the neighbour hood as the customer base will be different.
Without AL brand if Nissan launches CV's it should be a failure.This is to back up the service only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks