Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 13:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Commerical Vehicle to ply in city

^Thanks Silversteed. I will make sure the driver is educated and respects laws. Also had planned to get office number mentioned on the vehicle for others to report reckless driving.

Cheers!
Old 26th February 2011, 14:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
...Ace and Maxximo both have powerful HLs, at the perfect height to blind drivers of oncoming cars.
These drivers in my city are mostly bullock cart owner. they never know there is something like dim/bright.
Not that they have powerful headlamps, they are fitted with additional power headlamps
Old 26th February 2011, 21:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

A small note on branding.

The Piaggio Ape is the three wheeler. The racket maker on 4 wheele is the Ape Truk.

From what I have noticed, the Ace too needs to be well maintained, else it will be a menAce.

The choices, IMHO, are between tweeledum and tweeledee. Only that the Tata ace, with the first mover advantage and bigger loading area, has more number, and therefore, better roadside mechanics to look after it. Do not really think that this vehicle will go the A/S/S for servicing. At end of the free service period, you will find yourselves approaching the friendly Appu or Pappu for service.

Also, remember that being a commercial vehicle, you will need to keep the "fitness certificate" valid. It is for 2 years for first 4 or 6 years; and needs to be renewed every year after that. (Check with your RTO agent). This is over and above the six monthly "polluting vehicle" certificate. You will also need a permit.

The driver should be certified to drive a commercial vehicle - his license should be endorsed for that, and also hold a "badge".
Old 27th February 2011, 07:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

I think the Ape and the Ape truk share the same engine, so the racket is still there.

In my opinion, the only decent choices are the Ace/Super Ace and the Maxximo.
Old 1st April 2021, 15:47   #20
BHPian

I am in the market looking to buy a 3 wheel load carrier to support my business in town. My requirements are simple, vehicle should be economical and easy for any DYI repair work.

I see below 3 options in the market now.

- Piaggio ape
- Bajaj Maxima
- Mahindra Alfa

If you have any experience owning these vehicles + any pointers/offers you are aware of , please share.
Old 5th April 2021, 14:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
I am in the market looking to buy a 3 wheel load carrier to support my business in town. My requirements are simple, vehicle should be economical and easy for any DYI repair work.

I see below 3 options in the market now.

- Piaggio ape
- Bajaj Maxima
- Mahindra Alfa

If you have any experience owning these vehicles + any pointers/offers you are aware of , please share.
The Ape is the best bet for overall reliability , VFM and cost of ownership. Maxima is underbuilt and will not as long as the Ape . I would not suggest the Alfa unless price is a constraint
abhijit 2284 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks