Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 10:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Which is this vehicle en route to IGI airport/ Gurgaon? EDIT: Its Concord 8 (C8)

Was looking at autocar india forums and I stumbled across these pics taken by an ACI forum member.
Looks like an armoured/ army vehicle but with no registration and alloys that resemble the endeavour...somethings cooking. Any clues on unclocking the mystery?

Pics courtesy autocar india forums
Attached Thumbnails
Which is this vehicle en route to IGI airport/ Gurgaon? EDIT: Its Concord 8 (C8)-2d6mfdc.jpg  

Which is this vehicle en route to IGI airport/ Gurgaon? EDIT: Its Concord 8 (C8)-29nxm4l.jpg  

Which is this vehicle en route to IGI airport/ Gurgaon? EDIT: Its Concord 8 (C8)-whe7p.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 17th March 2011 at 10:07.
Old 17th March 2011, 10:43   #2
BHPian

re: Which is this vehicle en route to IGI airport/ Gurgaon? EDIT: Its Concord 8 (C8)

The alloys are definitely from the Endaevour.
The center of the rims is engraved in the shape of the Ford logo.

The rest of the vehicle does not give out much, apart form the leaf springs at the rear.

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Old 17th March 2011, 10:49   #3
BHPian

re: Which is this vehicle en route to IGI airport/ Gurgaon? EDIT: Its Concord 8 (C8)

Sid,

Looks like an Armored Personnel Carrier to me probably one from the Tata or Mahindra stable to cater to the needs of our Armed/Para-military forces.

Maybe something from the Mahindra family like the Mahindra Axe/Marksman.
Old 17th March 2011, 10:49   #4
Team-BHP Support

Looks like an armoured carrier by Mahindra based on the Xylo? I doubt Ford supplies any custom made defence vehicles yet. I could be wrong.
Old 17th March 2011, 11:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its Concord 8 (aka C8).

Check it out here.
Concord 8 (C8) is a four-wheel drive lightweight rugged armoured vehicle
Old 17th March 2011, 12:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its based on the endy i think...even the dashboard is the same.
Old 17th March 2011, 12:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Similar vehicles i have seen from Mahindra. They are mainly used for security purpose. I dont think its a under test vehicle. Must be used by somebody for some security purpose only. Am i right ?
Old 17th March 2011, 12:55   #8
BHPian

This could also be one of those world tourers, coz per my knowledge I dont remember any Indian vendors offering this type of vehicle and Indian Army doesn't build/modify any vehicles of their own. Also chances are that this could be one of those Army ambulance vehicles which were imported during the CWG.
Old 17th March 2011, 13:05   #9
AWD
BHPian

Pics. posted by member Esteem on ACI Forums:

Autocar India Forum: SPOTTED THIS TODAY (15th MARCH) AT NH-8 DELHI-GUR

Due credit must be given.
Old 17th March 2011, 14:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Was looking at autocar india forums and I stumbled across these pics taken by an ACI forum member.
Looks like an armoured/ army vehicle but with no registration and alloys that resemble the endeavour...somethings cooking. Any clues on unclocking the mystery?

Pics courtesy autocar india forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Pics. posted by member Esteem on ACI Forums:

Autocar India Forum: SPOTTED THIS TODAY (15th MARCH) AT NH-8 DELHI-GUR

Due credit must be given.
Please check the above quoted post, have mentioned about the pic source from autocar india forums.
Old 17th March 2011, 14:11   #11
BHPian

HI Sid

i don;t see any scoop. this is a para-military Bullet proof vehicle. check the mirror 's color.a typical color of bullet proof vehicles used by para-military force's in J & K for counter insurgency operations . I know this because my DAD works in the organization which takes care of all govt buller proof vehicle including amby;s / safari ,s etc. i myself been traveled in these while i lived in sri nagar for good 2 years .

Quote:
Indian Army doesn't build/modify any vehicles of their own.
This is not true . Generally all the vehicles are custom build by manufacturers for Indian army but they do modify them in case a requirement arises later on .

looks like it's going for repairs etc . check the rear mirror in circle .u can spot bullet marks
Which is this vehicle en route to IGI airport/ Gurgaon? EDIT: Its Concord 8 (C8)-untitled.jpg

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 17th March 2011 at 14:17. Reason: added pics and removed extra dots
Old 17th March 2011, 14:15   #12
BHPian

Its definately for the defence services or cops. The windows and body is designed for combat situations.
Old 17th March 2011, 14:20   #13
BHPian

Guys, don't just jump in.

HammerHead, has provided the link and it clearly shows that the vehicle is Concord 8 (C8) Lightweight Armoured Vehicle, India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Its based on the endy i think...even the dashboard is the same.
yes, it definitely looks an endy dash. here is a snap comparing both of them.

Courtesy:Endeavor is from indiaserver.com and C8 is from army-technology.com

Which is this vehicle en route to IGI airport/ Gurgaon? EDIT: Its Concord 8 (C8)-compare.jpg
Old 17th March 2011, 14:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

That's why I placed a question mark because of

1. no registration plates.
2. the so called 'camo" and the endy alloys and
3. unusual spotting on a usual road.

Moda can change the thread title since the vehicle is confirmed to be the C8.
Old 17th March 2011, 19:35   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which is this vehicle en route to IGI airport/ Gurgaon? EDIT: Its Concord 8 (C8)

The fit and finish is like some Tata or Mahindra product.Look at the crude Tataish tail lights! But all its clues lead to the Ford Endeavour and Endeavour (4X4) only.The dash is 100% Endy and so are the alloys as alreay identified by friends here.Seems the website link shows its named as the Concorde!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks