Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 14:57   #1
BHPian

Quick fix of Dents - Aslam (Khan Market, Delhi)

After having my car rear ended on the BRT on Saturday evening (thanks to a ripple effect three cars away), I needed a quick fix to the rather large dent on the boot. Usually I would have taken it to a MASS (which would have most likely taken an entire day), but considering that there's a LTD sticker on the back , wanted to get it done asap.

I was on my way to Khan Market at the time and knew I could have the dent fixed there. A couple of months back, I had a minor dent on the front right fender (thanks to my kid sister who's learning how to drive), which was fixed by this guy I'd like to tell you about.

His name is Aslam and he is usually found hanging around Khan Market. A fairly simple fellow, he'll take a look at the damage, then turn to you and say how long its going to take and how much it'll cost you. For example, fixing the fender cost me Rs. 300 and the rear cost me Rs. 1000. Go shop, have coffee, dinner, lunch- whatever for a while. When you come back, the car's done

I'm particularly impressed by his quality of work. While its not exactly workshop level (its a parking lot, what do you expect), the fact that you get a quick fix at a decent price which will all but leave the slightest indications that the car had been dented.

So for his bodywork. He claims to have worked in some garage in Lajpat Nagar (couldnt place which one) and further claims to be able to do any work required on a car. Havent had the opportunity to have him prove this claim yet.

To get in touch with him, park at the Khan Market main parking lot and ask any of the attendants for Aslam. Alternatively you could call him at +91 99110 16739.

P.S. has anyone else got work done from him? If so, I'd be very interested to know.

Last edited by arjyamaj : 5th September 2011 at 14:59. Reason: removed one smiley
arjyamaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 15:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Aslam at Khan Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjyamaj View Post
To get in touch with him, park at the Khan Market main parking lot and ask any of the attendants for Aslam. Alternatively you could call him at +91 99110 16739.

P.S. has anyone else got work done from him? If so, I'd be very interested to know.
Thanks for the contact.Will be getting my santro fixed from him.
I really miss the shops at khan market, man.
so easily approachable, and there's not many auto repair places, where you can pass the time so easily, while having a 6-7 hour job done on your car.
Old 6th September 2011, 12:06   #3
BHPian

Re: Aslam at Khan Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Thanks for the contact.Will be getting my santro fixed from him.
great! let me know how it goes
Old 6th September 2011, 22:08   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Quick fix of Dents - Aslam (Khan Market, Delhi)

Do you have any before-and-after pics of the repaired dents?
Old 7th September 2011, 05:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes pics would be helpful, also has someone got something like this done in Bangalore. Have a few small dents in the car here and there and if i go to a reputed garage they recommend pulling out the complete part and repainting the whole thing which will surely cost anything north of 10K and because its at multiple places it will probably cost 20K. Looking for a cheap fix for this.
Old 7th September 2011, 08:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Yes pics would be helpful, also has someone got something like this done in Bangalore. Have a few small dents in the car here and there and if i go to a reputed garage they recommend pulling out the complete part and repainting the whole thing which will surely cost anything north of 10K and because its at multiple places it will probably cost 20K. Looking for a cheap fix for this.
You can try myTVS.in on Bannerghata Road near Diary Circle. They have paintless dent repair facility. I had few of my dents removed that way. Applicability depends on the location of the dent, smoothness of the dent etc.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Dada, unfortunately I dont have before pics. Will post after pics by tommorrow. Also, happy to show you the work done at the next Delhi TBHP Meet.
Old 8th September 2011, 12:08   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Dada, as promised, here are the after pics. You can clearly see the outline of where the car was rear ended.

Quick fix of Dents - Aslam (Khan Market, Delhi)-010.jpg

And a close up of the dent (needs a touch of paint, i reckon)

Quick fix of Dents - Aslam (Khan Market, Delhi)-011.jpg
And here are some bonus pictures for your viewing pleasure! This is the front right fender that Aslam had also 'fixed'.
Attached Thumbnails
Quick fix of Dents - Aslam (Khan Market, Delhi)-012.jpg  

Quick fix of Dents - Aslam (Khan Market, Delhi)-013.jpg  

Old 8th September 2011, 12:15   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjyamaj View Post
Dada, as promised, here are the after pics. You can clearly see the outline of where the car was rear ended.

And a close up of the dent (needs a touch of paint, i reckon)

And here are some bonus pictures for your viewing pleasure! This is the front right fender that Aslam had also 'fixed'.
hey aryamaj,
Sorry, but that bootlid really needs a visit to a bodyshop.
those spots of rust, they will eat underneath the paint quite fast, and without notice too.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 12:24   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
hey aryamaj,
Sorry, but that bootlid really needs a visit to a bodyshop.
those spots of rust, they will eat underneath the paint quite fast, and without notice too.
Thanks mayankk- waiting for the weekend
Old 14th April 2012, 23:50   #11
BHPian

These cannot be after pictures man. Your car needs some treatment. Else it will corrode!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks