Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 21:13   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)

Tyre Emporium has been in business for 17 years. It used to be a Ceat Shoppe till a short while ago, but now stocks tyres of multiple brands.

What I have used their services for
  • Replaced 4 tyres on my Swift yesterday with Goodyear Duraplus Tubeless tyres, priced at Rs.15,900 for the set, including old tyres being returned and wheel balancing and alignment done.
Offerings
  • All major brands of tyres
USP's
  • Experience: The owner, Rajat Gupta, has been in the tyre trade for the last 17 years.
  • Stocks multiple brands of tyres, both Indian and imported.
  • Gives good advice on the type of tyre to choose related to the customer's driving pattern.
Pricing
  • Competitive pricing, verified from multiple sources.
What I Like
  • Easily accessible, no parking issues
  • Wide range of tyres
  • Honest opinion
  • Good tyre changing, balancing and aligning equipment
  • Wheel balancing and wheel alignment equipment are top class, and WB & WA are included in he price of the set of tyres
  • Fresh stock - my tyres were dated 1513
Where I want them to improve
  • Does not stock alloy wheels.
  • I wanted a tyre pressure gauge. Was told that they would start stocking accessories like gauges and tyre inflators in a few days.
Contact Details
Contact person: Rajat Gupta
Address: C-72, Ground floor, Malviya Nagar, Shivalik Road, New Delhi-110017.
Tel.: 011-2668-1128; 011-4056-1526; Mobile: 98110-38838.

Trivia
  • Rajat Gupta had not heard of Team-BHP till yesterday
  • Thanks go to BHPian akp for pointing out this store to me
Outside
Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemporium1.jpg

Inside

Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemporium2.jpg

Ceat Shoppe signage to disappear soon
Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemporium3.jpg

Wheel balancer - all equipment are of this brand. Team-BHP members who know, have a lot of confidence in this particular brand
Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemporium4.jpg

Wheel alignment being done on my car. Comes with a 2000-km guarantee
Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemporium5.jpg

The owner, Mr. Rajat Gupta

Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemporium6.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 06:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
[*]Wheel balancing and wheel alignment equipment are top class, and WB & WA are included in he price of the set of tyres[*]Fresh stock
Alas. These 2 would have been so useful to me had you discovered the shop a week back
Old 11th October 2013, 18:57   #3
BHPian

Just got new Yoko A-drives (based on team-bhp recommendations) for my i20. Very, very good service. In fact he had the newer Turanza AR-20 in stock (which no other store had, when I checked).

Got free wheel balancing and alignment (got charged for weights though). My alloys got thoroughly cleaned before the new tyres were mounted - something that most other shops try and skip on.

Mr. Gupta is quite knowledgeable about tyres and doesnt try to hardsell any particular thing - which is very good.

Till now, I have experienced 4 tyre shops in Delhi and in order of overall experience (price, service, VFM) are :

BK Tyres (superbad) -> Capital Tyres, Green Park (neutral) -> Driven (good, but long time ago experience) -> Tyre Emporium (superb).

Prefers cash, but was very helpful and accomodated part of the amount in credit card without charging me 2%. If you are paying the whole amount in credit card, then expect to give some part of the 2% fee.
silverbyte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 19:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Got 4 Yoko Earth 1 for Honda City Zx from Tyre Emporium. I went to Reliance autozone in Ambiance Mall sometime back and they claimed the Earth 1 is still not in stores now. Called Mr. Gupta and he confirmed the availability of Earth 1 and other brands I asked for. Moreover the rates quoted on phone were lot less than the ones quoted by Reliance.

Overall, I would rate this shop as the best as per my earlier experiences. Last year I got 4 ZLOs for my swift from BK. Tyre Emporium is much better in terms of the owner's courtesy, transparency, price, space and service.

However, please look elsewhere if you are looking for alloys and accessories.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 20:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Tried him out for WB and WA on my Innova and my Santro. Excellent Job. He even takes the car for a test drive, after the work is done. Not very many tyre shops do so.
Another thing - he makes it a point not to use air tools to torque the lug nuts - all because, he feels the customer would have trouble undoing them in case of a flat. Such consideration nowadays is a little hard to find!
joybhowmik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 18:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

As the shop was recommended by a fellow bhp'ian, i visited tyre emporium for the alignment of my Vento. I had got the alignment, rotation and balancing from some other shop a few days back and my car was veering to the left slightly, also the steering was off center, me being finicky about such things visited Tyre Emporium to get the alignment set.

Gave the car to the boys to start alignment, went up visited Mr Rajat ( my name is Rajat too ), told him i came there from the reference of team bhp and there is a thread running on the forum about his shop and every one was satisfied with the work done. We chatted about cars, other tyre shops in Delhi while the job was done.

Computerised wheel alignment was done, re checked by thread method, then we went for a test drive, came back and the mechanics did some final adjustments. The charge for Vento was 350 with a printed bill handed over, the guys asked me what tyre pressures i set and even checked it without me asking them

The car is going dead straight now and really happy with the work done, there is a 2000 kms guarantee on the alignment. I had just one complaint, i asked for the alignment report like most tyre shops give but he said they dont have printable reports.
Would rate them 9/10, 1 point cut for not giving alignment reports.
Old 16th April 2014, 19:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Went again today to have the Slime washed out on the Santro, and the tyres rebalanced and wheels aligned.
Having got my Innova's tyres re-balanced + aligned earlier at my neighbourhood for as little as Rs 700/-, I was in for a bit of a shock when the manager at Tyre emporium charged Rs 1300/-.
Besides there was a small puncture, which was fixed. During the test drive, the lead mechanic asked for Rs 75 for the fix - I paid Rs 50/- which is the going rate everywhere.
While testing, I could see the car veering a bit to the right. The tester mentioned that it's not always possible to get the car exactly aligned. Having followed the alignment process, I told him, that it is not surprising because 3 of the 4 indicators on the monitor were red and only 1 was green, when the car was okayed for testing. He mentioned something quite surprising:
a) The mechanics do not take the trouble to set the alignment computer for the steering geometry of a specific make/model.
b) They judge the alignment as correct if the values displayed are withing 0-10 -not sure what is the scale, as that was not evident (I was not wearing my glasses). I observed that they read this value on the monitor from about 7-10 feet distance.
c) In the end (just before the test drive) they took recourse to the thread -after having aligned with a laser machine. Why in heaven's name, did they do that - I have no idea.
Maybe I am missing something here. Also , I have the feeling that the strategy of Rajat Gupta is to sell tyres cheap, but follow on services are on the higher side.
Caveat emptor.
joybhowmik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 15:24   #8
lsp
BHPian

I have dealt with these guys and have gotten tyres twice so far from them.

The owner suggested CEAT tyres for Santro and I am happy with the performance. They stock most tyres and the work done is at a good speed. The space in front of the shop can accommodate 2 cars. If you have to wait then the road, being very congested along with heavy traffic, is avoidable.
Old 21st September 2014, 19:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Tyre Emporium has extended its business to include alloy wheels, tyre inflators, hydraulic jacks and a few other accessories. Prices seemed reasonable.

Some photos from there, when I visited today to get WB,WA and rotation done on my Swift.

Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemp1.jpg

Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemp2.jpg

Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemp3.jpg

Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-tyreemp0.jpg
Old 26th January 2016, 11:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have had 2 dealings with Tyre Emporium in the last 3 months.

First was a set of Michelin XM2s in 185/65 R14 size for my friend's NHC.

Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-img_20151104_161347.jpg

Second was a set of Yokohama Earth 1 195/60 R14s for my Verna CRDI.

Multibrand Tyre Shop - Tyre Emporium (Malviya Nagar, Delhi)-img_20151115_151750.jpg

What I liked:

1. Pricing was extremely competitive.

2. Mr Rajat Gupta is a knowledgeable man who will give you sound and honest advice about tyres.

3. They stock a wide range of tyres, depending on your budget and requirement.

4. Their fitment, alignment and balancing machines are state of the art, and neither of us had complaints afterwards.

5. In a freak accident, one of my new Earth 1s developed a sidewall cut 15 days after purchase. Mr Gupta was very helpful in liaising with the company and arranging a replacement.

Overall, highly recommended.
predatorwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks