Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2014, 18:21   #1
BHPian

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)

Hi Guys,

So it seems that 3M car care has started penetrating the NCR region, I had a chance to visit the newly opened outlet in Delhi after the one in Gurgaon.

I was looking forward to see the quality of work, after newtonMeter's thread on the Gurgaon outlet.I haven't been to the Gurgaon facilty so really can't compare, here's my short take on the Delhi outlet.

Work handled:
Car Detailing
Wraps
Paint protection
Other standard offerings by a 3M car care outlet.

What I like:
Good, clean work
3M materials used.
Detailing bays are well lit, kept clean , spacious
Attention to detail
Staff is knowledgeable, and they know what they're doing
Customer friendly
Location ( Easy access to residents of south Delhi at least )

What work I had done from them :

A foam wash for the Swift covered in rain muck, dirt and droppings.( you can check the Gurgaon outlet listing's opening post to see what's covered under the wash)

Pricing : 438 all Inclusive for the foam wash, you'll have to check with them the cost of other services like waxing, wraps..other packages.
The pricing is worth the work done for my wash.

My Call :

Recommended This is the place I'll be going for a foam wash in the future.I'll try their waxing next time.

Contact Details :
3M Car Care,
A-20 Kailash Colony
Hotel Conclave Building
New delhi -110048

Tel :011-41066990-1

Landmark : Kailash colony main road, I.E. On the road from Nehru place to Moolchand, It'll be on your left, in the Hotel Conclave compound, just before Ajit Arcade(the one having plethora of auto shops) , and just after crossing the Metro station. The board is quite prominent, you won't miss it.

Facebook Link - Linky , some exotic cars wrapped and detailed displayed!

I had a chance to meet with the promoters (Mukul Dewan and someone else ), they were knowledgeable and handled the setup quite well, and the interaction was smooth.

They used 3M formulations for cleaning the car, and had a good stock on display of Meguiar's detailing products for one to buy and go for DIY detailing

The staff was quick, used good quality microfibers to dry the car and any excess water was driven out by compressed air from difficult to reach areas. The engine bay cleaning was very well done. Tyres were dressed, all the black plastic parts given a slick coat.

The paint condition of the car is not that good, there are a good amount of swirls,marks, nicks and dings that come free with Delhi traffic.

I did not click a whole lot of pictures(excuse the quality,phone cam) , the guys had already started the wash when I started clicking , so it's not a true before after comparison but a gives a fair idea.

During the wash. Pressurized water was used to loosen the dirt, and get rid of the muck.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-20140215_122837.jpg
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-20140215_122904.jpg
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-20140215_122921.jpg

All foamed up!

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-20140215_123338.jpg

The dry up

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-20140215_125407.jpg

All Done!

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-20140215_125942.jpg
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-20140215_130054.jpg

The Meguiar's products on sale.
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-20140215_130638.jpg

The car detailing bay's
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-20140215_130653.jpg

Disclaimer : I am in no way commercially involved with the outlet, this is purely my personal opinion.

Last edited by GT500 : 16th February 2014 at 18:28.
GT500 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 19:43   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)

Nice to see them finally setting shop in Delhi. From the pics I feel that the Gurgaon outlet is more spacious. Secondly there washing facility appears to be open from the pics. The gurgaon outlet has everything enclosed ensuring a better end result I presume.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 00:47   #3
BHPian

Took my car for some well deserved treatment at 3M Car Care, Delhi. I am really impressed with the quality of workmanship, and the commitment towards work.

Services availed:
  • GermiClean - Complete interior detailing
  • Wash and Wax - Foam wash + application of wax

Next week is my car's second b'day. Thus, I planned to get the interiors detailed as it has never received one in past 2 years. The interiors were quite clean as I never drive with the windows rolled down, and keep cleaning it every 3-4 months through vacuuming and hand application of Formula 1 leather cleaner. Though it looked good, I felt it require professional detailing.

I wish I carried a good camera to showcase the great work that the team did. It was an impromptu visit thus, the only camera with me was the pathetic one in my basic Blackberry. Anyway, I have asked them to email a few pics that they clicked, and will perhaps click a few more and post. My ownership thread has loads of pics to compare the past and present.

The most important point for me was that the store is managed by people that are passionate about automobiles. Had a long chat with both the owners, Mukul and Gaurav. Even the manager there seemed like a very hands-on and competent manager. Gaurav is THE GAURAV GILL. The famous rallyist. I don't think there can be a greater testimonial to their abilities and seriousness than the fact that they are being led by a man, whose passion for automobiles can be read on Wikipedia too.

I would highly recommend their services to anyone interested in getting their cars, professionally detailed.

Here's a pic of the car after application of wax.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-img00915201402212039.jpg

Cheers,
Biraj

EDIT: GermiClean was INR 2190 + tax, and Wash+wax was INR 1090 + tax. Total with tax was INR 3686.

Last edited by Biraj : 22nd February 2014 at 01:04.
Biraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 00:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Great !! What were the prices for both, i will probably get the latter done only , my interiors clean enough right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Took my car for some well deserved treatment at 3M Car Care, Delhi. I am really impressed with the quality of workmanship, and the commitment towards work.

Services availed:

Last edited by SDP : 4th September 2016 at 07:18. Reason: Snipped quoted post
Old 20th March 2014, 11:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Biraj How do they clean the carpet? Do they just vacuum it or clean it using some special product/chemical? I have to get the interiors cleaned but carpet is a priority. Carnation guys only "vacuum" it.
Old 20th March 2014, 13:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Biraj How do they clean the carpet? Do they just vacuum it or clean it using some special product/chemical? I have to get the interiors cleaned but carpet is a priority. Carnation guys only "vacuum" it.
Hi Sinhead, it was a thorough dry-clean. They used their special product (non-water based) to clean the carpets.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 20:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Not an extensive picture review this time around but wanted to give my feedback on them.

I noticed them a while ago and have been attempting to go ever since and finally got a chance to visit yesterday. I wanted to find out about costs for various packages especially the fabia since she is now turning almost 3 and well deserving of some professional tender love and care , more so given she is black. Additionally thought i would try their foam wash also which everyone has reported as being VFM

Upon walking in i was greeted by the store manager who then proceeded to give me a demo of some of their services via a tablet , well spoken in english as well and more importantly appeared quite knowledgeable. We discussed the fabia in detail and eventually decided what i should go in for which would be the Advance paint sealant treatment which costs about 4790 + taxes for a medium car , not sure i agree with them on classifying the Fabia as a medium car but anyway. I informed me and he happily accepted that i would get a demo on half the hood before proceeding with the task , i am also planning to go in for the basic dry-cleaning again subject to a demo or billing basis my satisfaction. 3 years in Delhi wreaks havoc to Beige fabric especially more so since my wife started driving it :-)

Coming to the foam wash , my car was taken in instantly. The washing bay area is definitely tight on space , once a car the size of the Linea goes is , enough acrobatics are involved to get the pressure washer into places from both the sides , but the did it nevertheless.

Good patient rinsing , covering all possible areas of the car including the engine bay as well. The foam was then put on covering the car nicely - scrubbing and then rinsing. The rinsing started even before the scrubbing was completed - one last panel was left - this was a bit of an irritant because ideally i would like to see a couple of minutes of the foam acting on the car post the scrubbing rather than taking it off instantly.

Once the rinsing was done the car was reversed a bit to a slightly larger area of the drive allowing for more access from the sides and the drying procedure began with 2 guys at it with microfiber cloth. The supervisor also came out , inspected the job and gave further instructions for a new cloth to be brought out and used on the car a few more times to get rid of some marks and for the car to be vacuumed and floors mats to be cleaned. He repeated and got them to keep cleaning the car with the cloth a few more times which i really appreciated.

All this while i was standing quietly , having noticed that the alloys were still dirty with brake dust and grease , but i did not want to say anything so i could get an idea of the attention to detail that they have - the first 2 times the manager did not say anything but on the 3rd he noticed them and issued instructions for them to be cleaned , i really appreciated this "eye for detail" and told him as well

The interiors were done and so were the alloys but he was still not happy with the alloys being completely clean ( certain parts , especially near the air valve areas were still black which i had already noticed) , so he got the car inside the detailing area , under the lights and then got a team working on them. I have to say this was especially pro-active as far as i am concerned and i had 3-4 guys by this time armed with various fluids and brushes of all types attacking the dirt on the alloys. They spent a good 20 minutes cleaning them and got every little speck out by the time they were done. While the alloys were happening he got someone to keep wiping the car as well.

All this for a grand total of a little over 400 INR , really really good value for money , the "express wash" service which has started in many petrol pumps are more expensive than this , do not have the same eye for detail and dont do half as good a job as these guys did.

I am going to take the Fabia to them this weekend and also do a proper picture capture of the process. Between the sealant treatment and the dry cleaning it is going to cost roughly about 7000 , not very cheap but the fabia deserves it and if they do a good job i will make it into an annual visit if not bi-annual.

Tough choice deciding whether to go in for 3M or one of the many boutique spas which are available in Delhi , which are also a little cheaper , but i think it is prudent to try these guys especially given i have had exposure to their way of working. And if i am happy with what they do with the Fabia then Tizzie goes next , who looks quite shiny in the picture below but there are tons of swirl marks on her already. For those following my ownership thread you will notice that the side is all repaired and never looks like it had got a hit.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-2013-a-6.html

2 image attached , one showing the number of people working on the alloys , the second showing one of the alloys post cleaning , notice the brown/black muck which they got rid of.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-cleaning-1.jpg  

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-cleaning-2.jpg  

Last edited by puchoo : 28th March 2014 at 20:40.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 21:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Upon walking in i was greeted by the store manager who then proceeded to give me a demo of some of their services via a tablet , well spoken in english as well and more importantly appeared quite knowledgeable. We discussed the fabia in detail and eventually decided what i should go in for which would be the Advance paint sealant treatment which costs about 4790 + taxes for a medium car , not sure i agree with them on classifying the Fabia as a medium car but anyway. I informed me and he happily accepted that i would get a demo on half the hood before proceeding with the task , i am also planning to go in for the basic dry-cleaning again subject to a demo or billing basis my satisfaction. 3 years in Delhi wreaks havoc to Beige fabric especially more so since my wife started driving it :-)

On the 3rd he noticed them and issued instructions for them to be cleaned , i really appreciated this "eye for detail" and told him as well

I am going to take the Fabia to them this weekend and also do a proper picture capture of the process. Between the sealant treatment and the dry cleaning it is going to cost roughly about 7000 , not very cheap but the fabia deserves it and if they do a good job i will make it into an annual visit if not bi-annual.

Tough choice deciding whether to go in for 3M or one of the many boutique spas which are available in Delhi , which are also a little cheaper , but i think it is prudent to try these guys especially given i have had exposure to their way of working. And if i am happy with what they do with the Fabia then Tizzie goes next , who looks quite shiny in the picture below but there are tons of swirl marks on her already.

Dear Mate, I guess you went to the Kailash Colony outlet of 3M which is next to the Royal Enfield Showroom. The guy you may have met was Rahul. He is a gem of person and has a keen eye for detail.

Nothing to be worried about mate as your car will be in safe hands. I have got my Esteem done (the paint sealant process) from there. It's a 7.5 year old car and mind you the end result was much higher than expected.

I got some matte work done on my Honda City too from them and I vouch for their skills. However, I agree that their cost is sightly high but it's worth as they do a great job and all the solvents, the wax and Polish are genuine.

Thanks

AD
Old 28th March 2014, 21:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Good to read that , yes i know it was Rahul i just did not want to disclose his name at this point in the thread. If you are happy with what they did on your esteem then i should definitely be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear Mate, I guess you went to the Kailash Colony outlet of 3M which is next to the Royal Enfield Showroom. The guy you may have met was Rahul. He is a gem of person and has a keen eye for detail.

Nothing to be worried about mate as your car will be in safe hands. I have got my Esteem done (the paint sealant process) from there. It's a 7.5 year old car and mind you the end result was much higher than expected.

I got some matte work done on my Honda City too from them and I vouch for their skills. However, I agree that their cost is sightly high but it's worth as they do a great job and all the solvents, the wax and Polish are genuine.

Thanks

AD
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 16:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well, I went to the 3M outlet at Kailash Colony. Met my friends Rohan, Rahul and Mukul. The paint sealant job was being done on Rohan's car. Being a Saturday, Nothing felt better than a ride in Mukul's C63 AMG. What a machine!! He too has got some wrap job done on the car and he's waiting for some exhaust upgrade. Here are a few pics taken at their outlet:

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-photo1360.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-photo1359.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-photo1358.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-photo1357.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-photo1361.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-photo1362.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-photo1356.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-photo1355.jpg

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 20:22   #11
BHPian

Well, I had been thinking of getting the germ Kleen treatment done on my i10 interiors since the past one week. So finally called up the kailash colony outlet in the morning and reached there by 1 pm. The car was taken in promptly and the work started after half an hour because of lunch time.

I am completely satisfied with the work done and now the interiors of my car are spic and span. Few posts I noted are as follows:

1. The staff is very courteous and are keen listening to you.

2. Work quality was fantastic.

3. There was good Interaction of the staff with the customer. I was continously asking the boys different questions and they handled it pretty well.

Now for some things they can improve upon.

* They have to be told to cover the switches with masking tape or else they would probably won't work afterwards.

*For the germ Kleen treatment, they are supposed to clean the interiors with APC and then spray the germ killing foam and clean with it. Initially the guys were just spraying the foam only on the headliner and they had to be reminded continously that they whole interior has to be sprayed and then cleaned with the same. For this, a very courteous person did the same and told the guys working in my car to spray the foam everywhere and not just the headliner. Thumbs up to that gentleman.

* I will not at any circumstances get my car washed here. I saw a duster getting washed and I almost had an heart attack. They were directly streaming the engine with an extremely high pressure hose. They were not spraying it but it was a pointed stream of water. This can easily damage some components on the engine as nothing was covered at all.

* Detailing gurus, you better not head here as you would be furious to see how they wash your car. They use extremely dirty microfiber cloths which are put down on the floor, sprayed with high pressure water so that the dirt comes out and then Bam! Straight on to the car. God only knows how many swirls would come on to the paint work because of this technique.

Whenever I wash my car with a pressure washer, I make sure they the whole car is sprayed from a proper distance and the spray is not directly aimed at something. The flow of water should be such that it removes the grime but doesn't harm the paint.

Overall, I would surely recommend this place for germ Kleen treatment as they did a fantastic job but not too sure about anything related to "detailing".

Thanks
Aditya
Old 27th July 2016, 02:45   #12
BHPian

Went to the Kailash Colony outlet today to get my new Pre-worshipped Laura TSi a little nicer looking. I only chose the UV treatment package which is Rs 1536/- only for vacuuming the inside and wash+wipe+wax for the outside. Had a very similar experience to Aditya apart from the fact that they did use clean microfiber towels to do the cleaning. I will most probably return there in the future.

The most expensive service they have is the Paint Sealant Treatment at 7k odd for the exterior and then GermKleen+ at 5k odd for the interior. I am planning a few exterior changes to the car (VRS bumpers) so I held off on the expensive paint treatments for now.
Old 4th September 2016, 00:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

I guess they have left the 3M franchise and started with their own name Mr.Shinez.

https://www.facebook.com/3MCarCareKCDelhi/?fref=ts
Old 21st December 2016, 15:55   #14
BHPian

A new 3M outlet at Kailash Colony

A new (replacement) 3M store has opened up at nearly the same location, headed by Sonal (pronounced Sonaal). I took my new car in there for exterior protection treatment.

Knowledgeable, courteous and friendly service. They made the car look much better than what I received from the showroom, and even though I only wanted the exterior treatment, they vacuumed the interior and finished the entire car. The staff was extremely eager to work which is a surprise in north India. :P

The place was busy with lots of high end luxury cars coming in for treatment all the time (they were accepting demonitized currency so that may be one reason, haha. He told me one guy got his entire E class wrapped in PPF which came to about 1.75L). Before my car went in there was an Isuzu pick-up getting the same exterior treatment that I'd chosen. Man is that thing massive.

I told Sonal that I wanted to get the work done but since it would take most of the day, I needed to use my car for the time. He told me that he'd loan me his car to use for the day (!). This really made a difference in the way I perceived the place. And, he followed through with it too. I'd met him for the first time, I didn't know anyone there, and yet what he provided was beyond expectation.

I'd rate them at about 8.5/10 for the work. It is a bit more expensive than I would've liked and the PPF (film application) had some gaps in application. Overall though, factoring in the service and the spare car, I'd give them an easy 9.5. Highly Recommended, and now for some pictures:

The almost finished car:

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-img_0346.jpg

Yup, that's a close up shot of the bonnet. No swirls, abrasions, scratches, nothing. Just plain, clean reflection.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-img_0345.jpg

Unrelated, but saw an Avanti pass by:

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi)-img_0349.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks