Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:11   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)

Work handled:

Plastic bumper and body cladding repair by plastic welding. Also undertakes automotive denting and painting.

What I like:
  • Repairs and recycles plastic external body parts such as bumper covers and body claddings without replacing them. Cheaper as well as nicer for the environment.
  • Does a pretty decent job of putting together bumpers etc. by using a plastic welding gun - something similar to the photo below:
Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-image_12733.jpg
  • Decent paint quality. Uses Asian Paints PPG materials. Shade match was good but not excellent for my car, but found that he had matched the shades in other cars that he had painted, much better - my original paint needs some rubbing and polishing to lighten up and match the painted shade, he said.
What I don't like:
  • No enclosed area for spray painting. On windy and rainy days, work stops.
  • Extremely crowded area where he is located. Parking is a serious problem, with cops frequently towing away and / or challaning cars. The only way to beat the jam is to arrive really early (before 9 am), park and wait for him to open his shop.
  • The plastic welding gun and its attachments are located in the basement, and cannot be used directly on the vehicle. The part has to be detached from the car, taken to the basement, repaired, then brought back out and re-fixed to the car.
Pricing:
  • Usually charges on a per-panel basis. Prices vary depending on extent of damage and shade of paint, but expect to pay Rs.2000-2500 per panel for welding and painting (all inclusive). More than one panel = lesser average price charged per panel.
  • Charged me Rs.3500 for the front bumper and other repair jobs he did on my Scorpio.
Speciality / USP:

Plastic bumper welding using a proper plastic welding gun, not by stapling with wires or filling up cracks with M-Seal or body filler putty. Puts back broken plastic tabs that hold the bumper in place - generally tries to avoid using screws to attach bumper to body.

What I have used his services for:

I have used their services recently for the first time to fix the front bumper of my Scorpio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The damage was mostly confined to the front bumper, with a nick on the front fender plastic cladding.

Found a very efficient repairer of plastic parts such as bumpers and claddings at Zamrudpur, and he did a pretty good job of putting things back together for all of Rs.3500. Photos of work in progress yesterday...

The final result looks decent enough. There had been some minor damage to the plastic caps and mudflaps attached to the footboards over the years, and these were also repaired and repainted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
There you are - the bumper and the front caps on the footstep after repair and painting.

Note the crack in the middle of the bumper and the cut in the left front fender cladding...
Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-brokenbumper-3.jpg

...and how they look after repair and filler application (but before painting)
Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-dsc_0638.jpg

Contact Information

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-bumperwala-visiting-card.jpg
  • Vinod (the owner) can be reached at +91-93126-41091; his partner and painter Hassan's number is +91-93123-94025.
  • Postal Address: Shop No. 7, DDA Auto Shopping Complex, Zamrudpur, GK-1, New Delhi 110048.
  • Helpful landmarks / directions: Near the Dr. P.N. Behl Skin Institute.
  • GPS coordinates: 28.556300, 77.236603
  • Important tips:
    • To beat the crowds, get there before 9 AM. They open around 9:30 AM; or
    • Get there on a Sunday, when the surrounding offices are closed and the paid parking lots are relatively empty - but the shop has a lot more work than on a weekday; or
    • Get there on a Tuesday - most shops are closed in the area, but they work. Call and confirm that they are open on a particular Tuesday, before you go.
This is Hassan
Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-hassan.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 20:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)

A correction: The actual name of the person above is Hasnain, though people recognize him as Hassan too.

After a very long time, I had to visit him twice in the last 3 months for some rear end damage to my Ciaz, once a dent on the bootlid, and later, a dent on the rear bumper.

Here are some pics from the time in October 2021 when the bootlid was repaired:

The dent
Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-dent1.jpg

The process of beating out the dent and using body filler to smooth out the lines. No heat was used.
Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_100412.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_100553-dent.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_102934-2.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_103451-dent.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_104754.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_112926-dent.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_113638-dent.jpg

Computerized paint formulation and matching - have a 100% match with the original paint
Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_115656.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_115721-2.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_115622-paint.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_115729-paint.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_110618-paint.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_110644-paint.jpg

The painting & polishing process
Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_123851-dent.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_123904-dent.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_131426-painting.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_133455-painting.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211016_134936.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-painted.jpg

Clear coat & polish after a few days
Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211021_092817-dentfixed.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211021_094530-dent.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211021_094747-dent.jpg

Then the bumper damage happened this month:

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-bumper-dent.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-bumper-damage.jpg

And it was fixed in a jiffy by Hasnain and his fellows:

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211217_101354.jpg

Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi)-img_20211217_101400.jpg

I'm happy with the perfect paint and bodyline match in the first case, and the neat bumper repair in the second case, at very reasonable cost. For the time being, I've decided to not replace the Suzuki logo on the bootlid, which was slightly damaged.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 23rd December 2021 at 20:55.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks