Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2015, 16:48   #1
BHPian

Multi Brand Tyre Shop - A D Tyres (Gurgaon)

Work handled:
  • Tires of most brands.
  • Goodyear, Bridgestone, MRF, Apollo and Chinese tires are mostly in stock.
  • Authorised dealer of Goodyear.
  • Claims that any other brand can be procured on a 24 hour notice.

What I like:
  • Unbeatable prices for tires, best I can find in Gurgaon. Found him to be much cheaper than authorised dealers of other brands as well
  • Very low prices for alignment (INR 150) and balancing (INR 100)
  • No nonsense approach. Quotes one price and then sticks to it
  • Good knowledge about tires. I bought Chinese tires for Gypsy on his advice and have been satisfied with performance
  • Efficient and knowledgeable staff
  • Very good results with stone age era equipment of alignment and balancing. After aligning with machine, crosschecks with string
  • His head mechanic takes the vehicle on a test drive with you, get down midway and does the final adjustment
  • His head mechanic will let you know about other issues with your car as well like torn axle boots, worn suspension bushes etc.
  • Will automatically correct your off centre steering wheel

What I don't like:
  • Location! His shop is located near Sadar Bazar in a very congested area. Parking is not an issue though
  • No credit card machine. Though on my request he got the payment done at his brother's shop in Sadar Bazar
  • Alignment & Balancing equipment is from stone age. Balancing machine has a calculator like display! Though both seem to work fine and never had any issue with his work
  • Reuses old weights. Though he also does not charges for them
  • His head mechanic though very competent handles the vehicle a bit roughly to my liking. When he tests it with me, he drives fast with music cranked up. Something I absolutely hate and is normally the only low point of my visit
  • Difficult to locate. I must have crossed it half a dozen time on my first visit. Thankfully he has put a decent backlit board now but still is small and can be easily missed.

What you may not like:
  • Not your average well dressed, smooth talking shop owner
  • Poorly maintained shop with no proper space to sit
  • You may mistake his no nonsense approach as rudeness

Advisory:
  • If you like to sip tea/coffee from a nescafe machine in a styrofoam cup in a weather controlled lounge while your vehicle is worked upon than kindly give this place a miss or you will come back disappointed.
  • If you are hands on with your vehicle and like to supervise work sitting on rickety stool, sipping chai from a glass and value those few hundred saved than this is the place for you

What I have used his service for:
  • Bought 5 tires for Gypsy. I had gone to buy Goodyear AT/SA for it which was not available anywhere. He had them in stock and gave a good price. However I chanced upon a decent chinese A/T tire there which I liked. Based on his recommendation and very low price went ahead with the purchase. Completely satisfied
  • Bought 2 michelin tires for Alto. He gave a better price than anyother authorised michelin dealer in Gurgaon
  • Exchanged crappy stock 175/65-R JK's of a brand new amaze for 185/65-R14 Goodyear eagle

Contact Information:
  • A D Tires - 9810335306
  • Location: Near Sidheshwar Mandir, Gurudwara Road, Gurgaon, Haryana 122001
  • GPS coordinates: 28.458160, 77.028272
  • If coming from Delhi side on NH-8 take exit no. 10. Take right under the Rajeev Chowk flyover towards Gurgaon Railway Station on Old Railway Road. Take right on Gurudwara Road from second red light (Sidheshwar Chowk) after crossing a petrol pump on left. It is on the left after a couple of battery shops

Multi Brand Tyre Shop - A D Tyres (Gurgaon)-img_20150113_193846551.jpg

Special thanks to SS-Traveller who has put some excellent threads in Delhi directory. I have shamelessly copied his format of threads here.
vishwaschettri is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 19:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Multi Brand Tyre Shop - A D Tyres (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
Special thanks to SS-Traveller who has put some excellent threads in Delhi directory.
No thanks to me. It's the standard format that was designed by the moderator team when the Directory section was first started. It is another matter that a lot of folks do not copy that format when posting.

Would have also liked to see GPS coordinates for the shop in your thread.
Quote:
What I don't like:
  • Reuses old weights. Though he also does not charges for them
I like that. Weights don't wear out, and most shops use new weights as well as bill the customer a steep amount for it every time. If he reuses weights and doesn't charge for them, that is certainly a good thing.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 10:00   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I like that. Weights don't wear out, and most shops use new weights as well as bill the customer a steep amount for it every time. If he reuses weights and doesn't charge for them, that is certainly a good thing.

Re-using weights is not recommended. This is because once the weight has been put on and removed it loses its ability to hold onto the rim edge and there is a very good chance that it might come off during a hard pothole hit or high speed run.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 10:49   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Re-using weights is not recommended.
Debatable issue, this.

Stick-on weights are best used new every time, but clip-on weights are reusable if the retaining clip is intact. At Rs.3/gramme (the usual charge that tyre shops levy for weights), balancing all wheels often works out to an extra Rs.400-500 for weights alone. And no, they don't fly off as often as one might imagine. In my experience, reused weights have stayed in place on steel wheels till the time I'd owned cars with steel wheels.

On the alloys on my current cars, I prefer stick-on (adhesive) weights, and those are always put on new.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 22:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Would have also liked to see GPS coordinates for the shop in your thread.
As I confessed I had copied your format to the T. Look closely sir, I have mentioned the GPS Coordinates

Quote:
GPS coordinates: 28.458160, 77.028272

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Re-using weights is not recommended. This is because once the weight has been put on and removed it loses its ability to hold onto the rim edge and there is a very good chance that it might come off during a hard pothole hit or high speed run.
Though I am not a fan of reusing weights due to aesthetic reason (old ones look oxidised, I love new shiney ones), technically there is nothing wrong about it.
There is nothing like a loss of ability to hold on. Its a simple metal clip. It can be easily reused over a dozen times before metal fatigue sets in.

Quote:
And no, they don't fly off as often as one might imagine. In my experience, reused weights have stayed in place on steel wheels till the time I'd owned cars with steel wheels.
+1. And trust me many of the shops anyway reuse them after cleaning them in acid solution and charge you for it.

Cheers
Vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks