Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2022, 22:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)

BHPians are well aware of Sai Mag Wheels for their range of Alloys and one concern which we always had was that after buying the new set of alloys, where to get them installed, purchase of new tyres (in case of upsize) and buyback of old tyres and rims since Sai Mag only dealt in sale of Alloys.

Few years ago, they ventured into the Retail and Tyre Segment with Chakra India, legally known as Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP.

This post will only be an introduction with the consecutive post talking about the work done.

Chakra India
The Tyres and Retail venture of Sai Mag Wheels

Offerings
  • Tyres - Wide range across Indian and Imported (especially OTR) Brands
  • Alloy Wheels - Core focus is on Sai Mag's brands such as Momo Italy, HRS Taiwan (erstwhile HR), Fuel Off-Road (USA) and American Racing (USA)
  • Wheel Alignment & Balancing

USP
  • Seasoned player in the Alloy Wheels segment; they're the oldest importers of Alloy Wheels in India.
  • Massive range of Alloys available at any given point of time.
  • Good range of tyre sizes and brands in the OTR segment.
  • Quick sourcing of non-running Tyre sizes (They were able to source a non-common size of BMW Z4 for a friend who drove down from Panipat to get all the tyres changed, different sizes for the front and the rear. We scouted other shops but to no avail, it seems their pan-India network of Alloy Dealers was instrumental in getting us the size).

Pricing
  • For Alloys - The best price since they're the importers.
  • For Tyres - Competitive pricing.
  • Good buyback rates for old Tyres and Rims.

What I like
  • The Experience - Both brothers, Anand Bhaiya and Gautam Bhaiya are jolly good fellows. Dealing with them has always been good!
  • The Ambience - The first tyre store in Delhi which has been crafted, not merely built. I've been following BHPian, Nikhilb2008, who has been proactively working on enhancing the customer experience at Madhu's, Bangalore. Chakra India is the beginning of that trend for those in Delhi NCR.
  • The Equipment - Being a relatively new establishment, they've amongst the best equipment for installation, balancing and alignment.
  • Parking Space - Ample. Even if there are vehicles lined up, you can still find a parking slot owing to their location on the Main Road.
  • Sai Mag's Showroom is next door. It is easier to visit both together when confused for designs at either showrooms.

Where I want them to improve
  • Having a choice of alloy wheel brands outside the home brands. Even though their own range is massive, at times, one does get a design to their liking in another brand.

Location & Contact Details
Chakra India
Contact - Mr. Anand Ratnabhas and Mr. Gautam Ratnabhas
At - B-40, Plot No. - 70, Shivaji Marg, New Delhi - 110 015
Landmark - Next to Galaxy Toyota (Moti Nagar) and Opposite Moti Nagar Police Station
Mobile: +91 999 999 5998
Google Maps - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ch...iIQ_BJ6BAgrEAU

Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)-a1297.jpeg
The Store Front

Last edited by tsk13 : 23rd January 2022 at 22:36.
tsk13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 23:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)

The Purchase -

It was my Brother in Law, whose craze for mods on his new Thar got us to Chakra via Sai Mag Wheels. We purchased Fuel Off-Road's 'Maverick' Alloy Wheels from Sai Mag and drove down to Chakra, a mere 2-minute drive away.

We got Radar's Renegade R/T+ Tyres for his Thar, the low-profile look on an off-roader does look wicked.

As for Radar brand, it was new to me but was recommended by Anand Bhaiya. Upon doing research, it turned out that Radar is a brand owned by Omni United, Singapore, a company founded by an Indian - Mr. G.S. Sareen, an Indian Army Veteran. A surprising fact is that Omni has production facilities spread across India, Taiwan, Thailand, China and Indonesia; seems new age tyre brands are working on a different tangent when it comes to manufacturing. Radar has been certified as a Carbon Neutral tyre brand, quite a rare feat in the Rubber Industry.

Pics for you to drool over -
Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)-a1298.jpeg
Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)-a1301.jpeg
Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)-a1300.jpeg
Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)-a1309.jpeg
Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)-a1310.jpeg
Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)-a1311.jpeg
Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)-a1313.jpeg
tsk13 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 13:55   #3
BHPian

Upgraded to Momo - Massimo rims last week from Chakra. I second your opinion on their stellar service.

Love the new look.

Tyres & Alloy Wheels | Chakra Wheels & Tires LLP (Shivaji Marg, New Delhi)-img_20220818_125345.jpg
pratyaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 16:34   #4
BHPian

After months of hunting on the forum and other websites, I finally decided to try this shop to replace the tyres on my car. Sorry to say, but the experience was thoroughly disappointing.

I had called the store owner a day before to check the availability of the tyres I was looking for. My preference was the MRF Perfinza in 195/60 R15 size. After calling multiple dealers, I knew that these tyres weren’t in demand and the stocks were low with all the dealers. I had also enquired about the manufacturing date of the tyres. The store owner assured that I will get the batch between July and October. The quote for the tyres was about 10% higher than other dealers but I was willing to pay the premium, hoping for good service considering the recommendation on the forum.

As is common with most other shops, the talk on the phone wildly differs from the in-store experience.

Reached the store, which is about 20 kms away from my home, early in the morning to avoid the hassle of parking and traffic. The store owner was not there but the staff started the work of getting the tyres from the godown. Even before the wheels on my car were removed, I double checked about the manufacturing date and the staff assured that they have the said tyres with a manufacturing date between September and October.

Lo and behold, when the tyres finally arrive, 3 of them were manufactured between the 16th and 18th week of 2022. While one was manufactured in the 7th week of 2022.

I flat out refused to buy the one manufactured in the 7th week. The staff went into overdrive to convince me that warranty is applicable from the date of invoice and not manufacturing, even after I showed them the terms and conditions on the MRF site. They said that these are the last 4 tyres of this specification available with them and other dealers nearby also don’t have any newer stock of the same tyres.

After wasting an hour, I decided to go for Conti UC6s instead. The same tyres which I could have got from most other shops in the city. Also, these tyres were manufactured between the 32nd and 35th week of 2022, which is still a bit old considering the demand of Contis, but I can live with them. They charged me Rs. 6,750 per tyre, which was again higher than other dealers’ quotes. After fitment, I asked about registering the tyres for warranty and as expected, they said that it is not needed and only the invoice is sufficient.

Now I will have to register the tyres myself online.

I feel the tyre business is mostly commoditised and most of the dealers are unscrupulous and willing to cheat unsuspecting customers to make a quick buck.

TL;DR, drove 20 kms to the shop, did not get the tyres I wanted, paid a premium for the tyres which I could have got from the nearest dealer.

Last edited by Marauder : 11th December 2022 at 16:42.
Marauder is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 22:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The Purchase -

It was my Brother in Law, whose craze for mods on his new Thar got us to Chakra via Sai Mag Wheels. We purchased Fuel Off-Road's 'Maverick' Alloy Wheels from Sai Mag and drove down to Chakra, a mere 2-minute drive away.

We got Radar's Renegade R/T+ Tyres for his Thar, the low-profile look on an off-roader does look wicked.

As for Radar brand, it was new to me but was recommended by Anand Bhaiya. Upon doing research, it turned out that Radar is a brand owned by Omni United, Singapore, a company founded by an Indian - Mr. G.S. Sareen, an Indian Army Veteran. A surprising fact is that Omni has production facilities spread across India, Taiwan, Thailand, China and Indonesia; seems new age tyre brands are working on a different tangent when it comes to manufacturing. Radar has been certified as a Carbon Neutral tyre brand, quite a rare feat in the Rubber Industry.

Pics for you to drool over -

Thank you for taking me down memory lane!

Now that their store has moved, its a joy to bump into my my mural here.,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks