Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 13:34   #1
BHPian

Tyre Shoppe Noida Sector 5

A highly recommended place for all your tyre need. This place has plenty of space to accommodate 8-9 cars and has latest devices for alignment and balancing. Their charges are bit on high side but I find it VFM. I have been a very satisfied customer.

Address - B54 Sector 5 Noida

Website - :: welcome to the Tyre Shoppe ::
Old 5th June 2010, 22:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well me and my friend (Hellspawn) had a horrid experience here, when they could not get one tire of a 17" rim without damaging the lip. I would never go here. Prices are definately on the higher side.

Not to mentioned he damaged my car while getting it into his workshop after my repeated warning not to.
m4ugr8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2010, 06:38   #3
BHPian

tyre shoppe, from what i have experienced is a place to avoid. untrained staff, no technical knoledge, after sale support was absent(saw a guy walk in with complaints regarding his michellin tyre and he was not attended to , and then later rudely just shoooed away), prices are high.

my experience has been of buying puncture kits, air pump, tyre tubes, but have not bought tyre as yet. my opinion is on the basis of my observations when i have been there.

overall: best to avoid
docfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 18:11   #4
BHPian

So do we have any other place in Noida, which can be trusted for all tyre needs, i.e. Alignment, balancing etc?
Old 14th June 2010, 18:45   #5
BHPian

There's a CEAT Shoppe in Sec-16 market, the personnel of which I found pretty genuine. One of the times I took my car in there for alignment, the labor guy told me after one look at his terminal that you don't need alignment and I wasn't charged for anything.
Old 14th June 2010, 22:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
There's a CEAT Shoppe in Sec-16 market, the personnel of which I found pretty genuine. One of the times I took my car in there for alignment, the labor guy told me after one look at his terminal that you don't need alignment and I wasn't charged for anything.
LoG, it would be great if you can dedicate a thread to this store and other stores as well which you trust.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:45   #7
BHPian

Carnation also sells tires but they keep a limited stock. How are they in general (Service and overall customer care). I saw the workshop in sector 63 and it did sound professionally managed. Any Inputs?

I have to change the tires of my Maruti Zen (2004) before I take up the mighty Uttaranchal terrain after few days (It is still a plan). Please suggest if I should go for tubeless or otherwise (I was thinking of Bridgestone – Tubeless).

Last edited by sanjaykaul : 30th June 2010 at 10:46. Reason: Removed Tags
Old 30th June 2010, 10:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

I used Tyre Shoppe on a few occasions & was initially impressed with their equipment. But I stopped going after I found that they have a tendency to pass off mis-alignment as a camber issue & ask you to take it to Company workshops to get it fixed. Not to mention that they're bloody expensive.

I hated hearing stock replies like "Safari ka toh thoda sa left jane ka tendency hamesha rehta hain sir" & "Fiesta ki camber problem to rehta hain - yeh toh apko Ford workshop se rectify karna padega" etc etc.

Last edited by suman : 30th June 2010 at 11:01.
Old 2nd September 2010, 17:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
I called this shop today to ask if they use the dhaaga method. The guy replied that dhaaga is an age old process and no longer used. That assured me.

I went to this shop today. It was absolutely not what I was expecting. The shop was in a dilapidated state, and looked very un-kept and non-imposing. Looked more of a road side repair garage.

Anyway, I went there and saw two cars in the working area. While I was waiting my turn, I noticed that the staff was using a thread for alignment!! Even though the sensor things were attached to the wheels. This was sure the dhaaga method which i wanted to avoid. The guy who's car was being aligned also looked at unrest. Soon I found him yelling at the staff for their incompetence and that he wanted his car released immediately. The machines also didn't seem to find the sensors properly. Either machine was faulty, or staff was incompetent.

This was enough hint for me and I moved on to Tyre Dynamics, where a professional job was done.
Old 2nd September 2010, 17:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar69 View Post
This was enough hint for me and I moved on to Tyre Dynamics, where a professional job was done.
Tell us more about this Tyre Dynamics. Where are they based, what are the charges, how was your experience and what work they have done on your car?
Since I also look out for some good shops in Noida
Old 17th November 2010, 14:22   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Tell us more about this Tyre Dynamics. Where are they based, what are the charges, how was your experience and what work they have done on your car?
Since I also look out for some good shops in Noida
Somehow I missed this post. Better late than never though!

I had posted a short review of Tyre Dynamic at:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2053094

Alignment, i think costed Rs. 250. I got balancing, and alignment done that day.

Last edited by skumar69 : 17th November 2010 at 14:23.
Old 22nd November 2010, 02:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

This place is best avoided. Very unprofessional.
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:10   #13
Team-BHP Support

I agree with many here. They are horrendously overpriced, and often gravitate towards thing like Shim adjustment etc., instead of actually fixing the alignment.
I have also found that their fixed punctures rarely stay in place.
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:48   #14
BHPian

Re: Tyre Shoppe Noida Sector 5

Most horrid place i would say. Avoid it even if they are tyhe last shop present on the planet!
I gave them a call as i wanted to inquire about tyres available in the 255 profile and also what buyback they would offer for new bridgestones that come with the safari. the guy who answered the phone tells me not to waste his time on the phone and if i want this information i should come to the shop! Extremely proffesional way to do business i say!!
Old 12th May 2012, 10:12   #15
BHPian

Re: Tyre Shoppe Noida Sector 5

Tyre Shoppe : tried them many times, overpriced, pathetic staff, mostly all show and poor content. Running due to high advertisement. Once I got the alignment done of my Matiz. It took me 4 visits to them and lot of shouting to get it right.

Would love to Know about other good places in Noida.
akj53 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks