Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 22:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic: Powertrain Warning Light nightmare

If I am not wrong the light which you have mentioned is engine malfunction/engine check light. There are many reasons for it to glow and a weak battery is one of them. I have a Diesel figo and the same light used to flash and there was a power loss for sometime. It was traced to clogged EGR valve which was cleaned up and the light went off.
Old 28th September 2015, 22:51   #32

I suspect the ecu reset which occurred when the battery was changed had more to do with the solution than the battery, especially if there was no other symptom of a weak battery.
If so, the next time the issue occurs simply disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes and connect it back.
Leop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 22:58   #33
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ght-issue.html
The above thread is dedicated to the check engine light of the Duratec 1.6.
Note to mods : Please merge the threads if found similar
Old 29th September 2015, 11:20   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

If you had let it warm up in the first start itself, maybe let it run in limp mode for a couple of minutes, the restart would have taken care of this.
I see you haven't cleaned the TB and the sensor. Do that, and you wont face this again.
In fact, this the same problem as discussed in the Durateq 1.6 fusion/fiesta thread. Going by the symptoms, that's what you're facing too.
Will report for merging the thread.
Old 29th September 2015, 19:26   #35
BANNED

Re: DIY Fix : Ford Fusion / Fiesta 1.6L check engine light issue

Folks, need some help, I have a March 2011 Figo D, for past couple of days the engine malfunction light in the dash has been glowing. Though no significant impact on running, the light glows, stays on for some time (like an hour) and goes off automatically. I took the car to F.A.S.S but they could not detect anything, hence could not give any clue.
2 days since, the light has started glowing again. Need some help what could this be...
Cheers,
RD
Old 29th September 2015, 20:25   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks, need some help, I have a March 2011 Figo D, for past couple of days the engine malfunction light in the dash has been glowing. Though no significant impact on running, the light glows, stays on for some time (like an hour) and goes off automatically. I took the car to F.A.S.S but they could not detect anything, hence could not give any clue.
2 days since, the light has started glowing again. Need some help what could this be...
Cheers,
RD

If the CEL ison, there is an error code. Get it scanned with a manufacturer.model specific OBD analyzer.
Old 10th October 2016, 16:20   #37
BHPian

I have a 2005 Santro, which idles erratically. Got it serviced a couple of times, but the erratic idle hasn't improved. Also, it struggles with AC ON or when loaded with 4 persons or when climbing uphill. So after searching a lot on internet, I came to know it could be an issue with the MAP sensor. (I know it should throw CEL, but I doubt that the light itself in my car has gone as it didn't show up when my car broke down in a recent trip).

So, I found this thread about cleaning MAP sensor. But was wondering how to clean it? Do I need to directly spray on to the sensor? This is because in some online DIY websites, they told not to spray directly onto the sensor.

Thanks!
Old 28th March 2017, 08:27   #38
BHPian

Another Figo Petrol here. Vehicle has been stationary for more than four months. During the time, I used to start the car once a week and let it idle for a while. The car will hesitate to start at the first crank and will start when the accelerator is pressed while cranking. However, yesterday, the car refused to start and a strange "tak-tak" noise came up when cranking. I got my local mechanic to check it and we were able to push-start the car. The engine check light came on and the car didnt have any power. He removed the battery and plugged it in again. Still, the warning light didnt go away and power didnt come back. He didnt want to fiddle with the car and advised me to consult FASS. I think i should ask him to clean up the throttle body and the MAP sensor. The car can be taken to FASS if this doesnt resolve anything. Hope my approach is right, Suggestions are welcome.
Old 28th March 2017, 09:40   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantRebel View Post
Another Figo Petrol here. Vehicle has been stationary for more than four months.------SNIP-----The car can be taken to FASS if this doesnt resolve anything. Hope my approach is right, Suggestions are welcome.
Where would a dead battery get power if you just plug it out and in again???
I am surprised your mech didnt try with a spare. Try and get a spare battery or a jump start from another vehicle's. If that does not work, then go to your ASC.

Starting and leaving the car for 5-10 minutes every week will not keep the car healthy. I feel that would hardly be able to charge for the same amount that the cranking draws. Take her for a 10-20 kilometer spin. Apart from the engine and battery, there are other bits of the car that require regular motion too, yeah.
Old 28th March 2017, 10:17   #40
BHPian

I changrd the battery last year and AFAIK, the battery isnt dead. i started the car today without any problems. However, the engine did die after 10 seconds. I cranked it again and the engine started without any issues. Check engine light didnt come on at that point. I revved for a while, say for 10-20 seconds, and the engine responded. But, the power trailed off, engine became unresponsive, and check engine light came on again. I am thinking of driving the car to FASS, which is 10 kms away and would like to know whether thats the right thing to do.
Old 31st March 2017, 14:07   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantRebel View Post
Another Figo Petrol here. Vehicle has been stationary for more than four months. During the time, I used to start the car once a week and let it idle for a while. The car will hesitate to start at the first crank and will start when the accelerator is pressed while cranking. However, yesterday, the car refused to start and a strange "tak-tak" noise came up when cranking. I got my local mechanic to check it and we were able to push-start the car. The engine check light came on and the car didnt have any power. He removed the battery and plugged it in again. Still, the warning light didnt go away and power didnt come back. He didnt want to fiddle with the car and advised me to consult FASS. I think i should ask him to clean up the throttle body and the MAP sensor. The car can be taken to FASS if this doesnt resolve anything. Hope my approach is right, Suggestions are welcome.
Took the car to FASS and the SA diagnosed that the throttle body has some block. It turned out to be right and the cleaning was done to fix this. Vehicle is back on road now and running smoothly.

Dealership has changed from MPL to Eureka. As per the SA, MPL isnt operating in any of the states now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks