Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2014, 18:09   #1

DIY - Installing Dashboard Illumination Control in the Hyundai Verna

Here is a big relief to the owners of Fluidic Verna EX Version (or any other model other than SX and SX(O)) that doesn't come with a factory fitted Dashboard Illumination control switch. I am sure that owners of EX version would have all found it very difficult to drive in the night due to the bright dashboard lights which cannot be dimmed.

Here I am giving you the Do-It-Yourself steps to fit this device to your car.

Steps:-

1) Identify the headlight leveling switch (its in the bottom right corner of you car, just above the bonnet release)
2) Put your hands under the dashboard and push the first dummy in the row out and see if a connector get terminated under this dummy
3) If you see the connector lucky you are, go ahead and purchase the part no 94950-1V000(Rheostat Assy-Illum Contr) from any Hyundai dealer (costs around Rs 800/-).
4) Remove the connector from the dummy and plug it to the switch that you purchased.
5) Push the switch to the place from where you removed the dummy.
You are all done. By rotating the knob in the switch you can adjust the illumination brightness.

Here is the picture of the switch that I purchased and fitted to my Car.

DIY - Installing Dashboard Illumination Control in the Hyundai Verna-illumination-controller.jpg

I found that this provision is available even in this version when I was inspecting my car wirings to fit the CarPC and so was after the Hyundai dealers, but until April 2013 this was not an orderable part and so had to wait.

- Rajeev Velikkal -

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th February 2014 at 10:31. Reason: Inserting attachment inline with the post.
alwaysanewbie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 09:12   #2
BANNED

Nice DIY !
I doubt there'd be many owners of the Verna below SX. Still a good post.

Good job !
Old 7th February 2014, 10:14   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: DIY - Installing Dashboard Illumination Control in the Hyundai Verna

The same can be done on i20 too. Member Wildon had posted this long time back! I think it is a nifty tool if you dont want too much illumination at night
Old 1st September 2014, 07:41   #4
BHPian

Re: DIY - Installing Dashboard Illumination Control in the Hyundai Verna

After getting used to the dimming feature, I feel this is extremely useful. It makes night glare from the speedo console much more soothing to the eyes. I keep the adjuster near to the darkest level & find full brightness too bright & uncomfortable to the eyes. Nice that Hyundai is providing separate switch that can be installed after market. The cost is quite reasonable & must be installed on all Vernas/i20s, not having one factory fitted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks