Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2014, 19:11   #16

Re: DIY: Storage Bag / Space Maker for Cars

@kittigadu: Awesome DIY, You should actually enter this DIY in a contest. I am attaching the link for your reference. I am a sucker for DIYs () and this is just mind-blowing and awesome. Kudos.

Link: http://www.instructables.com/group/goFurther>

Cheers

Vikram
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:11   #17
BHPian

Hi Krishna,

I must say really a clever and innovative DIY, thanks for sharing.

I have one question though, how is it looking from front seat? It seems side strips are wrapping around the front seats and may be uncomfortable to occupant in long rides.

Also, this may be a personal preference, but given a choice, I would opt to do something similar on rear seat. Reason could be driver side door pocket usually enough for drivers need . One needs more storage when driving with family and kids. And in that scenario rear seat will always be occupied.

Regards
SE
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
@kittigadu: Awesome DIY, You should actually enter this DIY in a contest. I am attaching the link for your reference. I am a sucker for DIYs () and this is just mind-blowing and awesome. Kudos.
Thanks Vikram, I uploaded this to instructables as well.

Quote:
I have one question though, how is it looking from front seat? It seems side strips are wrapping around the front seats and may be uncomfortable to occupant in long rides.
Thats a nice observation. Yes, in my case the strips wrap around the front seat but because of the angle of the seat top, it wouldn't interfere with the front passengers position. Some times i let the side straps loose as well. i shall click a pic and upload later.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 25th October 2014, 23:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
If you look at the last image of mine, the knee space is clear as the bag sits high above (I am 6.1 in height). Also, there is enough distance between the passengers face and the bag.
This could prove disastrous in-case of an accident. The objects could fly and hit the face of the rear seat occupants. If the rear passenger is not buckled, even more dangerous.

Most Viewed