Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2020, 01:12   #16

Need CNG mechanic for Greenglobe kit - Mumbai - Altis

I need to consult a good mechanic for Greenglobe CNG kit in Mumbai. I have visited the Greenglobe Mulund workshop multiple times but my issue is not solved. Can anyone please recommend some good mechanic to me.

Background:
Car: Toyota Corolla Altis AT 2009
Kit Installed: Greenglobe
Kms: 1,02,000

Issue:
RPM fluctuates while driving and engine switches off at times
Have visited the Mulund outlet multiple times, they ran all the tests, sensor cleaning, filter cleaning, spark plugs etc. When they couldn't diagnose, they recommended that Engine Head needs to be worked upon. Since they couldn't figure out anything else, they recommended engine work.

I checked with my other mechanic (who works on all high end cars) and he advised me against it. I got the CNG kit disconnected and the car ran fine for 3000 kms. I visited toyota and they said all is well with my car. I consulted another mechanic and he also suggested that there is nothing wrong with the engine. Then Greenglobe reconnected the kit and it started running fine. Then after another 2000 kms on CNG, RPM started fluctuating again.

I don't want to get the car engine repaired if that's not the real issue.

If you can recommend some very good CNG mechanic (anywhere in mumbai) who can diagnose this issue, I will be hugely relieved. I have been struggling with this for over 1 year now.
Old 23rd March 2020, 01:21   #17
BHPian

Re: Need CNG mechanic for Greenglobe kit - Mumbai - Altis

Quote:
Originally Posted by akochar View Post

If you can recommend some very good CNG mechanic (anywhere in mumbai) who can diagnose this issue, I will be hugely relieved. I have been struggling with this for over 1 year now.
Hi, where are you located? Also, which kit is installed? Is it a sequential kit?
I know a reliable CNG workshop in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
Old 27th June 2020, 21:07   #18
BHPian

Re: DIY: Pictorial guide to tuning CNG & LPG systems

Bumping up this old thread that i had started. I made a short video on this procedure a few days back. I think this will give a better understanding of how to go about the tuning.

HimuraKenshin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks