Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2016, 15:56   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Front fog lamps should not light up unless the headlamp low beams are on. Yours are set up like driving lamps.
But doc, that is how the OE Set up is (at least in most of the cars I have known/Driven)

The OE Fog lamps light up ONLY WHEN the headlight Switch is on "Parking" light position. They remain off irrespective of the Fog light switch's position if the Headlight Switch is on OFF Position.

So ideally, these Fog lights do come on even without the Headlights on.

Quote:
Do the DRLs have a dimming function? They should automatically have their brightness reduced when parking lamps / headlamps are turned on.
Quoting my own response above. DRLs are on all the times while the Ignition is ON except when the headlight switch is turned to Parking position.

That means, DRLs go off whenever Parking lights are headlights are on. That function serves the purpose and logic of a DRL that it should be used strictly as a DRL (and during the day).

In other words, DRLs + Fog Lamps do not function together and nor do the DRLs light up if headlights (Low or High) are on too.

Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-untitled.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th October 2016 at 16:05.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 16:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You need an input from the headlight 'on' position, for the ideal wiring setup. Front fog lamps should not light up unless the headlamp low beams are on. Yours are set up like driving lamps.
Thanks. But I am not aware of any ideal wiring setups. As Parag has mentioned, this is how it is in all my cars and is a manufacturer convention at least in Suzuki. Not sure if there are other conventions with other manufacturers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
But doc, that is how the OE Set up is (at least in most of the cars I have known/Driven)

The OE Fog lamps light up ONLY WHEN the headlight Switch is on "Parking" light position. They remain off irrespective of the Fog light switch's position if the Headlight Switch is on OFF Position.

So ideally, these Fog lights do come on even without the Headlights on.
Thanks for clarifying Parag.

Quote:
Yours are set up like driving lamps.
If you would call it that way, then yes. I do use them in place of headlights inside the city since they do a great job in throwing light far, low and wide, and use headlights only in dark stretches or open roads since there is no point in having lights that will reflect off cars ahead of you.

Regarding the DRL thing, Parag had already posted the logic chart, and it is the same as what I have. They dont turn on in the night once the pilot lamps are on.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 21:27   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back posts, but had been wanting to post this from sometime, but due to a busy work schedule I couldnt upload. Here are some pictures showing the lumination offered. This will give a better idea than the pictures of my parking area

These are exposure locked pictures to give a fair comparison of the lights with and without the fog lights.

Fog light only
Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-fog.jpg

Low beam with and without FL
Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-lb.jpg

High beam with and without FL
Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-hb.jpg

Seeing the kind of output of the 16W LEDs, I find the 35W H8s on my SX4 to be pathetic. Hence planning to swap them with the same setup too.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 03:03   #19
BHPian

Hi Audioholic,

Perfect thread and fog lamps with DRL i was looking for. Your thread goes live last year though at that time i was not the member of this group. So accept my heartfelt thanks now for taking the initiative and coming up with such a useful DIY. I too came across Osram DRL Fog lamps but spending that much doesn't makes sense for me.
Now i have almost zeroed on the same product though i asked the seller whether fog lights will be compatible with the New MS Baleno or not. He was not sure which i think due to the fact that Baleno is relatively a new product in Europe and needs to be launched in many other european countries. Still i shared few pics with him which i found on some forum which shows the fog lights are compatible and the same being sold by the seller. After that he reluctantly said that it would be compatible.
Still before i go forward could you please have a look and confirm me the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-a2f2a9a6967e41619c77336e5cdebccb.jpg  

Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-c0a0eb085de64069b0d9886d6502772f.jpg  

Old 7th January 2017, 10:46   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Hi Audioholic,

Perfect thread and fog lamps with DRL i was looking for. Your thread goes live last year though at that time i was not the member of this group. So accept my heartfelt thanks now for taking the initiative and coming up with such a useful DI
Still before i go forward could you please have a look and confirm me the same.
Firstly, from a long time, MS has adapted a uniform design for the fog lights right from the days of the Swift and SX4 till the Celerio and Ciaz and S-Cross. Only the brezza comes with a different kind of fog lights which are of poor design and quality. My bet is that the Baleno still comes with the uniform design as well and only the brezza is an exception.

Two things to be considered are the diameter of the assembly and the mounting option. Check how your cars fog light mounting is and then check the same with the seller. Usually its a 3 or 4 hole mount provided in the bumper where the fog light is screwed into position. If these are present then the product will fit your car. In case you are located somewhere in South Bangalore, I have a spare set of lights with me and you can come and try it in case you arent confident. I haven't seen the engine bay of the Baleno in person anytime so cannot give you an assurance of whether the product is compatible or not.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 11:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Firstly, from a long time, MS has adapted a uniform design for the fog lights right from the days of the Swift and SX4 till the Celerio and Ciaz and S-Cross. Only the brezza comes with a different kind of fog lights which are of poor design and quality. My bet is that the Baleno still comes with the uniform design as well and only the brezza is an exception.

Two things to be considered are the diameter of the assembly and the mounting option. Check how your cars fog light mounting is and then check the same with the seller. Usually its a 3 or 4 hole mount provided in the bumper where the fog light is screwed into position. If these are present then the product will fit your car. In case you are located somewhere in South Bangalore, I have a spare set of lights with me and you can come and try it in case you arent confident. I haven't seen the engine bay of the Baleno in person anytime so cannot give you an assurance of whether the product is compatible or not.
Thank you for your support.
I'm located in Indiranagar and will be travelling to whitefield due to some work which would not take much of my time. Can you please PM me your location and availability.
Old 30th November 2017, 20:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
There are two types of lights in cars -
1. Light to see
2. Light to be seen

Hi Audioholic,
Do you still have details of vendor or drl+ fog combo product from another vendor in AliExpress with similar features as yours as the product in the link is not available now.
Sorry for asking too much.
Many thanks.

Last edited by ramki067 : 30th November 2017 at 20:28.
ramki067 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 20:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some alternate links:

I purchased another set from this link but it is essentially the same product: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-5-...670692352.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Whit...6a42956f&tpp=1

There are other products as well, but the controller looks different and some dont come with a controller itself, which might require some extra wiring. But the above two links are the same product that I brought.

And just to give an update on this thread, the kit is working flawless after more than a year and 16k kms of using it in various conditions.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 19:41   #24
BHPian

Hi Audioholic,

Though your post was published a long time ago (I just joined Team-BHP a couple of days ago), I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing such detailed instructions on this DIY set-up. You've done this better than most mechanics I've ever tried.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased the Hella Knight Riders for my Celerio since I'll be travelling to Kashmir in the next 2 weeks on a road trip from Mumbai and wanted to set it up so that it looks like an original factory set-up.

Thanks to your post, I was able to muster enough courage to try this myself (my very first DIY).

After reaching out to multiple MASS outlets, I was finally able to source the fog lamp switch and wire it as per your instructions (I started work at 1am and finished at 5).

However, somehow I ended up wiring some of the connections in reverse which caused the green signal light on the switch to dim instead of the regular switch light (I realized this after running with this set-up for an entire day)

Finally I was able to get some time to look into it and I was able to correct it last night and everything now works as expected.

Except for your post, I did not find any instructions online on how to do this myself. Thanks to this and other DIY threads on our forum, I'm now much more confident to take up such DIY projects in the future.

Cheers!
TheMileCruncher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 18:29   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hence, I ordered the MGP fog lamp switch which were fetched for me by the folks at the MGP outlet nearby. Thats one advantage of Maruti
Hi audioholic, I sourced the OEM fog light switch courtesy boodmo and have received it. Project is to install HID fog lights in the AltoK10.

I want to know where you got the wiring connector G151 mentioned in your thread. I tried to look for it and am not able to find it anywhere somehow. Don't want to go the crude way of soldering wires to the switch pins (last resort!). Could you route me to a source? Or I can find this at a Maruti workshop? Thanks!

(P.S. - I can see the pigtail on AliExp. Looking for a source in India for faster delivery.)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th December 2019 at 19:56. Reason: Typo.
Old 9th December 2019, 20:47   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I want to know where you got the wiring connector G151 mentioned in your thread.
I kind of fabricated the connector out of an existing connector I had with me. Since the spacing of the pins was similar between the switch and the connector all I had to do was to remove the extra pins and cut the body of the connector to shape. However, a few weeks later I got the OE connector with the help of the service center from a totalled car and I replaced the custom connector I had since I wanted the wiring to look completely stock. You can get it out of an accident car or will have to buy the whole wiring harness.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 12:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hi audioholic, I sourced the OEM fog light switch courtesy boodmo and have received it. Project is to install HID fog lights in the AltoK10.

I want to know where you got the wiring connector G151 mentioned in your thread. I tried to look for it and am not able to find it anywhere somehow. Don't want to go the crude way of soldering wires to the switch pins (last resort!). Could you route me to a source? Or I can find this at a Maruti workshop? Thanks!

(P.S. - I can see the pigtail on AliExp. Looking for a source in India for faster delivery.)
Hi Reinhard,

I did a similar set up in my Celerio a few years ago and sourced the connector from a local auto electrical store here in Mumbai (Opera House).

I can source it for you if you can't find it anywhere else.

Cheers!!
TheMileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 09:35   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMileCruncher View Post
I did a similar set up in my Celerio a few years ago and sourced the connector from a local auto electrical store here in Mumbai (Opera House).
Hey TheMileCruncher, that's so kind! Thanks a lot for the gesture. I was out of town (incidentally in Mumbai!) for a couple of days so wasn't checking the forum much.

I checked a couple of stores near me & couldn't find the connector. I know I was being a bit lazy knowing where my solder gun is kept! And then I soldered it already.
Thanks again mate. Appreciate it.
Old 7th February 2020, 12:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to this post, did a similar upgrade to my Baleno Sigma 2020. The post is here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4741622 (Maruti Baleno : Official Review)

Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-baleno-drl-fog-lamps-wiring-diagram-24012020.jpg

Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-baleno-volmax-fd399l-drl-fog-lamps-24012020_1.jpg

Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-baleno-volmax-fd399l-drl-fog-lamps-24012020_2.jpg

Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-baleno-volmax-fd399l-drl-fog-lamps-24012020_3.jpg

Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-baleno-interior-cabin-led-07022020_3.jpg

Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation-baleno-1st-servicing-27012020-661kms_4.jpg

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks