Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2021, 13:54   #31
BHPian

Re: DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I wonder how this works without an apparently not visible light sensor. Is there a sensor in the back?
It does have a visible sensor behind the IRVM. The front light sensor is not easily visible. Luckily I managed to locate it.

The place where my fingers are is the location of the front facing light sensor in the IRVM at the top right. Attaching a photo too.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-img_20210903_173421.jpg  

Ashtoncastelino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 17:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knxvb View Post
Nice install @blackadta!

Link to the mirror

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-76400t4rj11-12566131/

Managed to get it installed in My Jazz and also managed it to hardwired to the ACC fuse.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-img.jpg  

sram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 11:46   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by knxvb View Post
Nice install @blackadta!

I was always curious about doing the same on my 2017 City V iVtec since it didn't come with one.
In my initial searches was looking through Maruti parts, apparently it makes a kit for celerio. But that search soon stopped since I didn’t want to spend 6k on just the mirror kit. One day just while scrolling through boodmo, I came across a part that was stupidly cheap (₹422) and it fit my city according to the website so I blindly placed the order. Little did I know it becomes out of stock as soon as you place the order (link below). But after 5 days of eagerly waiting, they managed to ship it and i received it within a day of shipping!

The only curiosity in my mind was whether the mirror would actually be automatic day/night or not since the manual one with the flap was more expensive than this, about 750₹.

I opened the box and it was actually there, built decent (heavy) and it fits directly on my stock mirror mount! Thats the best part. It had various wires but after testing only red (+ve) and black (-ve) were usefull and after giving it 12volts the mirror turns dark!

So under 600 bucks including shipping and installation I have an auto-dimming mirror!
It fits all honda city’s, jazz, wrv and brv directly.
I dont know about other cars but one can try.

Link to the mirror

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-76400t4rj11-12566131/
Even I own a F/L Honda city v and I'm also thinking of installing this irvm. Can you please elaborate how did you make the connections? Also since it's a honda oem is there a chance that the wiring be already present in the car as vx and zx come with this irvm factory fitted? If the wiring is not present, pl guide on how did you connect it in your city? Also is fuse tapping possible in honda city?
Old 19th September 2021, 21:32   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingkrishnansh View Post
Even I own a F/L Honda city v and I'm also thinking of installing this irvm. Can you please elaborate how did you make the connections? Also since it's a honda oem is there a chance that the wiring be already present in the car as vx and zx come with this irvm factory fitted? If the wiring is not present, pl guide on how did you connect it in your city? Also is fuse tapping possible in honda city?

Only red and black wires are useful for + and -
Rest i am not sure about whether the wiring is present on not in vx and zx models.

Tapping it into a ACC fuse does the job and ii have dine the same here
Old 20th October 2021, 11:55   #35
BHPian

Hi,
I recently booked a 2021 Jazz ZX CVT and have already placed an order for the OE auto dimming IRVM from Boodmo for Rs.422/-

I have a few queries:

1) It is a plug and play fit on the existing mount?
2) If not, what other parts do i need to procure?
3) Would be great if someone helped with how the wiring is done

Thanks a lot.
Old 20th October 2021, 20:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
I have a few queries:

1) It is a plug and play fit on the existing mount?
2) If not, what other parts do i need to procure?
3) Would be great if someone helped with how the wiring is done
Ans:
1) It should perfectly fit into the existing mount
2) You need to order a fuse tap from here: https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti...w-profile-mini it comes pre-installed with 5 ampere fuse.
3) Here's the wiring diagram (An amateurish attempt but should do the job). IRVM comes with 5 pin connector of which only red and black wires are of our concern. Carefully remove/ cut wires from the connector and follow the wiring diagram.

For further help kindly follow this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-rs-838-a.html
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-20211020_195906.jpg  

dpat17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 22:10   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpat17 View Post
Ans:
1) It should perfectly fit into the existing mount
2) You need to order a fuse tap from here: https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti...w-profile-mini it comes pre-installed with 5 ampere fuse.
3) Here's the wiring diagram (An amateurish attempt but should do the job). IRVM comes with 5 pin connector of which only red and black wires are of our concern. Carefully remove/ cut wires from the connector and follow the wiring diagram.

For further help kindly follow this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-rs-838-a.html
Thanks a lot for the explanations and the diagram.

Have ordered the mirror and fuse tap, now waiting for the car to arrive.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks