Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2019, 09:31   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I faced this problem when I tried to install a similar mirror in my Tiago which came with a different adapter than which was actually required. Initially I tried a lot of adhesives. Nothing worked for long, the windshield adhesive solved the problem. I used the following:
. Can you tell me what is the right bracket type number for tiago?
Old 30th May 2019, 10:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the pointer. I shall try and procure a tube to cover for any eventual mishaps.
Was yours the same case as mine (partial glass to glass / partial glass to metal joining)? Did you try the Araldite standard epoxy (touted as the world's strongest adhesive) and it failed too?
I was trying to fix the metal tab provided with the mirror to the windshield. I didn't use Araldite after reading about the detrimental effects of sunlight on normal epoxy.
Quoted from internet:
Quote:
When exposed to UV (ultraviolet) radiation such as full sun, sooner or later it discolors, turns very brittle, and eventually disintegrates.
I assume the latter indicates failure. Be interesting to know how long that takes.Takes a few months of regular sunlight to become obvious to the naked eye.In tropical sun, things would go bad very much sooner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
. Can you tell me what is the right bracket type number for tiago?
Its most probably bracket number 30. Best way is remove the mirror and take a photo of it and send to the seller for confirmation.

Edit:

See this thread. I already replied to your query earlier:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4374950 (DIY Install: Auto-Dimming IRVM & Anti-Glare ORVMs)

Last edited by archat68 : 30th May 2019 at 11:08.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 09:23   #18
BHPian

I have installed one Auto Dimming IRVM in my Swift bought from Aliexpress. The dimming function works beautifully but the green power light does not glow. The on/off switch also works properly, only the green light is not working. When contacted the seller, he said the upgraded models are like that to enter the anti-theft system of the car. I find it fishy as it is connected through fuse tap. Can experts throw some light?
Old 28th August 2021, 21:30   #19

Nice install @blackadta!

I was always curious about doing the same on my 2017 City V iVtec since it didn't come with one.
In my initial searches was looking through Maruti parts, apparently it makes a kit for celerio. But that search soon stopped since I didn’t want to spend 6k on just the mirror kit. One day just while scrolling through boodmo, I came across a part that was stupidly cheap (₹422) and it fit my city according to the website so I blindly placed the order. Little did I know it becomes out of stock as soon as you place the order (link below). But after 5 days of eagerly waiting, they managed to ship it and i received it within a day of shipping!

The only curiosity in my mind was whether the mirror would actually be automatic day/night or not since the manual one with the flap was more expensive than this, about 750₹.

I opened the box and it was actually there, built decent (heavy) and it fits directly on my stock mirror mount! Thats the best part. It had various wires but after testing only red (+ve) and black (-ve) were usefull and after giving it 12volts the mirror turns dark!

So under 600 bucks including shipping and installation I have an auto-dimming mirror!
It fits all honda city’s, jazz, wrv and brv directly.
I dont know about other cars but one can try.

Link to the mirror

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-76400t4rj11-12566131/
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-c0bb7f5393a34fd5ba57efc339547c78.jpeg  

DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-c73d51d36c88489cb3b5345ec1e293a7.jpeg  

DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-1582304203f24990b10de42b9b71986d.jpeg  

DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-14d4229fc1b74491a7b8f036f93c3881.jpeg  

DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-33b2488cbd714e0fbf67425e4cbee026.jpeg  

DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-96d69fe2c82a422c95d2f327da881c30.png  

knxvb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 08:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knxvb View Post
One day just while scrolling through boodmo, I came across a part that was stupidly cheap (₹422) and it fit my city according to the website so I blindly placed the order.
The only curiosity in my mind was whether the mirror would actually be automatic day/night or not since the manual one with the flap was more expensive than this, about 750₹.

So under 600 bucks including shipping and installation I have an auto-dimming mirror!
It fits all honda city’s, jazz, wrv and brv directly.
I dont know about other cars but one can try.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I was looking at this unit for more than a month and finally decided to drop it.

For my Honda City 2013, I was not sure how to procure the windshield mount. It's not even listed as a part in the oriparts website. Finally had to place the order for the manual day/night IRVM.

I guess this model is cheaper because it doesn't allow you to control the auto dimming function. But it still doesn't explain how it's about 1/10 of the cost of the Maruti Baleno mirror.

Happy to see that you actually got the product. I was convinced that the listing had some error.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 22:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I was looking at this unit for more than a month and finally decided to drop it.

For my Honda City 2013, I was not sure how to procure the windshield mount. It's not even listed as a part in the oriparts website. Finally had to place the order for the manual day/night IRVM.

I guess this model is cheaper because it doesn't allow you to control the auto dimming function. But it still doesn't explain how it's about 1/10 of the cost of the Maruti Baleno mirror.

Happy to see that you actually got the product. I was convinced that the listing had some error.
Hey JithinR , You can just ask HASS or MASS for the IRVM windshield mount and I'm pretty sure they wont make a fuss about it since they will take it from the broken windshields if they have any, else scrap cars or accident vehicles can be your source.

AFAIK The metal IRVM windshield mount is the same in most of the windshield mounted IRVM cars. You can stick it using Araldite and it will work as good as the OEM glue used to stick the Mount to the windshield.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 18:52   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post

Hey, @JithinR you can directly get a mirror mount from any windshield shop. I have procured mine for the same for the price of peanuts. It was used and since finding a new one was a task, I decided to go for used which I easily got within minutes of search.

It is working just fine in my Innova Crysta GX 2017.
knxvb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, @JithinR you can directly get a mirror mount from any windshield shop. I have procured mine for the same for the price of peanuts. It was used and since finding a new one was a task, I decided to go for used which I easily got within minutes of search.

Thanks Sir, forgot this option completely. Let me see if this works out. Unfortunately, I have ordered the manual IRVM but boodmo has been delaying the delivery for some time now. Let me see if I can turn that to my advantage.
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Hey knxvb which glue did you use to stick the mount to the windshield ? Our hardware guy recommended araldite klear, araldite standard epoxy and fevitite epoxy.
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:27   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
Hey knxvb which glue did you use to stick the mount to the windshield ? Our hardware guy recommended araldite klear, araldite standard epoxy and fevitite epoxy.

Used a mixture of Araldite and fevilite epoxy and let it set for a day in the shade.
knxvb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 15:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:

One day just while scrolling through boodmo, I came across a part that was stupidly cheap (₹422) and it fit my city according to the website so I blindly placed the order. Little did I know it becomes out of stock as soon as you place the order (link below). But after 5 days of eagerly waiting, they managed to ship it and i received it within a day of shipping!

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-76400t4rj11-12566131/
I wonder how this works without an apparently not visible light sensor. Is there a sensor in the back?
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 15:47   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I wonder how this works without an apparently not visible light sensor. Is there a sensor in the back?
Yes, It has one on the back. Check the link.
Old 4th September 2021, 16:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
It does have a light sensor on the backside.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM in my 2018 Honda Jazz-20210904_162301.jpg  

dpat17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 18:55   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
An auto dimming IRVM from Honda under Rs 500! Made in Europe no less!

Just needs a +12V input, tap it from the cabin light and you’re set. Don’t bother about the reverse light signal; works well even otherwise.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 19:27   #30

Quote:
Yes sir. It does have one on the back. I wonder what the other wires are for except the orange one which usually is for parking. In the zx variant it has a complete wiring attached under the liner with the dome light.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks