Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2017, 15:30   #76
BHPian

Re: Meeting the Jeep Compass. EDIT: Priced between 14.95 to 20.65 lakhs

This a query regarding electro chromatic IRVMs.

I have a Figo which was fitted with electro chromatic IRVM with an integrated reverse camera display. This is a Ford genuine accessory. But I found that the good old flip type manual IRVMs to be way more effective than the electro chromatic ones.

Is this just the Ford accessory that is poor, or other members who have had occasion to experience both types too feel that the manual ones shut off light more effectively?

If the electro chromatic ones are not as effective as the manual ones, I personally would prefer the manual ones any day, and would not miss it one bit on the Compass.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th August 2017 at 19:07. Reason: Typo
igp_79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 10:13   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post

Is this just the Ford accessory that is poor, or other members who have had occasion to experience both types too feel that the manual ones shut off light more effectively?
I have similar experience with the electro chromatic version. I am sure the default manual one on my Swift did a better job of blocking light effectively. I thought it might be due to the fact that I am using a cheaper chinese sourced unit and a company fitted one would be better.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 10:42   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igp_79 View Post

I have a Figo which was fitted with electro chromatic IRVM with an integrated reverse camera display. This is a Ford genuine accessory. But I found that the good old flip type manual IRVMs to be way more effective than the electro chromatic ones.

If the electro chromatic ones are not as effective as the manual ones, I personally would prefer the manual ones any day, and would not miss it one bit on the Compass.
For me the manual one is too dark. While it blocks the light, it is too dark to notice the surroundings.

I fixed a Chinese aftermarket one with reverse camera and I find it quite adequate in blocking the glare.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 17:58   #79
BHPian

Re: DIY Install: Auto-Dimming IRVM & Anti-Glare ORVMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Hi guys!

I was hoping someone here could help me out with my DIY!

We have a 2016 Ford Figo Titanium automatic. I am posting the photographs of the IRVM mount which is fixed on the windshield.
Were you able to change the IRVM in new Figo? If yes, which bracket number did you use?
Old 25th August 2017, 19:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Were you able to change the IRVM in new Figo? If yes, which bracket number did you use?
Hi mate

Thanks for the query, but I am afraid you won't get a very useful answer from me.

I did buy the IRVM with bracket no. 1 as the vendor said it would be the correct fit. Now, the mirror is lying somewhere in the house as I never got around to getting the work done.

Your message at least reminded me that I have the mirror lying somewhere.

Hope to find it and install in the next 2 weeks. Will update you when I get around to doing the work!
laxmanrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 20:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Hi mate

Thanks for the query, but I am afraid you won't get a very useful answer from me.

I did buy the IRVM with bracket no. 1 as the vendor said it would be the correct fit. Now, the mirror is lying somewhere in the house as I never got around to getting the work done.

Your message at least reminded me that I have the mirror lying somewhere.

Hope to find it and install in the next 2 weeks. Will update you when I get around to doing the work!
Glad to be of help

I do not plan to do it myself, rather look for a decent accessories shop on Team-BHP directory and get it fitted there. Hope I don't get kicked out of this thread for saying this
Old 25th August 2017, 20:08   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Can you find the package and just open it and upload images of the mounting bracket? Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Glad to be of help
Old 29th August 2017, 22:36   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
There is one thing that we all drivers/riders hate during our daily drives especially at the night time is the cars/bikes/trucks/buses (especially Volvo 9400) tailgating with their headlights on High Beam. The inter-city buses are the worst of the lot with 6 - 8 headlights on high beam making it a pain to drive peacefully.

To tackle this issue, there is Day/Night mirror (Manual) in my car. This solved my problem by 50% but the rest 50% was still in question and how does one go about the ORVM change as it least done by many.

So checked the Polo Ownership thread by Gannu_1 where in he had replaced his OEM IRVM and ORVM with anti-glare mirrors. Looking at the ease of procuring the mirrors and installation, I decided of replacing both the mirrors in my car too. Getting the Anti-glare IRVM was not a problem as I contacted the same supplier who sold Gannu_1 the IRVM. It was a cake walk for me dealing with that seller.

I was then scouting and finding ways to get the anti-glare setup for the ORVM too so that the combination is fulfilled making the drive easier on my eyes.

In this DIY, I'll be putting down the procedure for installation of the Anti-Glare setup of both:
  1. The Inside Rear View Mirror and
  2. The Outside Rear View Mirror.
Anurag, I am also planning to get the auto dimming IRVM and antiglare ORVMs installed on my 2012 Swift Vxi.
But I have two questions viz.

1. I do not have the 12v tester pen. Will that be required to get this DIY done.
2. For ORVM, please share the vendor details.

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th August 2017, 22:41   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
1. I do not have the 12v tester pen. Will that be required to get this DIY done..
Not required, you can use the same fuse location where I did in my Swift.

Quote:
2. For ORVM, please share the vendor details..
http://www.sakurapart.com

This is the website that I got the ORVM from. No response to the email in the website. I had tried ordering a pair for a friend 5 months back, no luck. Gave up.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 15:45   #85
BHPian

Hello guys,

Hope this might be the right place for the query I have for my Tiago. If not, then mods please move it to the right place.

I upgraded the IRVM on the car to autodimming and got all the details for the same. Thanks to Anurag.

Now please tell me if I am blind or does Tiago's fusebox empty slots does not have any wiring from the battery? As I am not able to pull any power using the empty slots for power socket, etc.

Attaching few pics for the fusebox inside cabin:

The red box (F21) is live and green (F15) seems empty. Can someone confirm if this is how it is? I had to tap my IRVM with the power socket fuse of F21.
I am also thinking of putting a DRL but not sure which fuse should I tap.

Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 00:49   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Hello guys,

Hope this might be the right place for the query I have for my Tiago. If not, then mods please move it to the right place.

I upgraded the IRVM on the car to autodimming and got all the details for the same. Thanks to Anurag.
What about Fuse #3 and #12.
They seems to be blank.

Use a 12v fuse tester pen to know whether they have current in Ignition mode only or not, else leave them.

You can also use a multimeter to check the current output (if available).

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th February 2018 at 04:19. Reason: Long post quote trimmed.
Old 15th February 2018, 13:14   #87
BHPian

Quote:
What about Fuse #3 and #12.
They seems to be blank.

Use a 12v fuse tester pen to know whether they have current in Ignition mode only or not, else leave them.

You can also use a multimeter to check the current output (if available).
Though Fuse #3 and #12 in the pic doesn't show any specific equipment listed but if you see they do have a fuse installed. Not sure if I should mess with those as they might be some important connection. Not sure of this.

I did get a voltage tester pen but it doesn't light up (maybe its broken) and I don't have access to a multimeter. I might have to just tap them (#3 and 12) directly with my DRLs to test them.

But those should be safe to use right? If they seem to be blank then why are there fuses installed on them? If they don't work then I need to know what other connection should I tap for my DRLs.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 15th February 2018, 21:26   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Though Fuse #3 and #12 in the pic doesn't show any specific equipment listed but if you see they do have a fuse installed. Not sure if I should mess with those as they might be some important connection. Not sure of this.

I did get a voltage tester pen but it doesn't light up (maybe its broken) and I don't have access to a multimeter. I might have to just tap them (#3 and 12) directly with my DRLs to test them.

But those should be safe to use right? If they seem to be blank then why are there fuses installed on them? If they don't work then I need to know what other connection should I tap for my DRLs.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Exactly, that's my point. These two are left blank as they are the spare ones.

Tata engineers should have mentioned them as "blank" for ease but how many of their customers know that they can tap the fuses for adding extra accessory.

Even FNGs do wire tapping/cutting as they find it an easy fix.

Anyways, what more important is that these two fuses should work only in Ignition Mode "ON"; otherwise the accessory would drain out the battery.
ashishrathi88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 11:35   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,

Hi, which bracket type number did you choose for Tiago?
Old 22nd March 2018, 11:47   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hi, which bracket type number did you choose for Tiago?
Its no 30 for Tiago.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks