Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2020, 22:24   #106
BHPian

Re: DIY Install: Auto-Dimming IRVM & Anti-Glare ORVMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
AliExpress

Btw, did you contact the seller at Amazon with the required bracket image after they sent you the wrong one?
I found the seller details on Amazon and googled them up. I found out that they were a Delhi based company. I called the number up and guess what? They readily told me that they would send me the bracket. I sent them the pictures of the bracket and they sent me the replacement.

After fitting the replacement, I saw that the display had a crack inside - there was no visible crack in the mirror though. Another call , and the proprietor himself came on call and sent me a replacement display unit. He arranged for a pickup of my faulty display AFTER the new unit had arrived. Exemplary service, 11/10 I must say . For folks in New Delhi and nearabouts, they also do fitting.
adg_andy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 18:09   #107

I wanted to buy a blackcat auto dimming irvm with lcd display, how's the mirror quality in daylight and display
Thanks in advance
Old 23rd November 2020, 19:22   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhamshu View Post
I wanted to buy a blackcat auto dimming irvm with lcd display, how's the mirror quality in daylight and display
Thanks in advance
Not sure about Blackcat - but RD has a similar unit with auto-dimming glass + display for reversing camera. It is quite good, I have seen it.

RD - Auto DIM IRVM + Reverse view display

There is also another one they have that has a DVR also within the mirror housing.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 21:20   #109
BHPian

Thanks Anurag and Reinhard for your DIY threads. With the help of your threads ,my friend procured a mirror for his Amaze from AliXpress vendor that Anurag had procured from. He had contacted the seller that Reinhard had procured but he said he can't ship to India while the other one sent it via Malaysia for Rs. 5K.

Was not very happy with procuring from China at this time and also realized how China is bypassing the blocks by sending it via places like Malaysia.

While installing it at a mytvs outlet, the owner showed another Indian brand (probably sourced from China again) with in built LCD Monitor, auto dimming feature and one year warranty costing 5k. Wanted to order that for his celerio but he was unable to procure it with Celerio bracket for the last two weeks. If RD is available, would prefer it over the other unknown brand even if it is costly by Rs 2.5K.

The below model from RD is slightly cheaper but misses out on the BT function. https://www.rdoverseas.in/product/re...onitor-rvm-87/

While searching for Indian brand, we found a OEM who manufactures auto dimming ORVM in Chennai but he was not willing to sell it to retail customer due to low volume. There is a good market for ORVM which I guess Indian companies can tap and service through the after market accessories market. My friend also tried Blackcat but the fit and finish was poor and returned it back

Last edited by Sridhar K : 23rd November 2020 at 21:27.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 21:03   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
If RD is available, would prefer it over the other unknown brand even if it is costly by Rs 2.5K.

The below model from RD is slightly cheaper but misses out on the BT function. https://www.rdoverseas.in/product/re...onitor-rvm-87/
Sourced this unit for my Friend's Celerio but the auto dimming was not working. After checking with RD technicians, came to know that the sensors are for auto brightness adjustment but not for auto dimming per se. However since the glass used is anti-glare, it does reduce glare a great deal but it is not a fully auto-dimming per se.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 22:49   #111
BHPian

I'm looking to install auto dimming IRVM in my 2018 Verna. It has the manual IRVM. Can someone share link to any site or wherever I can source it from in current scenario?
How much do they cost at service centers? Is it worth getting it installed from Hyundai?
Old 7th September 2021, 08:42   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
I'm looking to install auto dimming IRVM in my 2018 Verna. It has the manual IRVM. Can someone share link to any site or wherever I can source it from in current scenario?
How much do they cost at service centers? Is it worth getting it installed from Hyundai?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...uti-swift.html (DIY: Installing an Auto-Dimming IRVM and Digital Clock & Temperature Display in my Maruti Swift)

This link should provide you with all the information required. This may even turn out to be extremely economical than Hyundai OEM auto dimming mirror.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks