Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2018, 11:55   #91
BHPian

Re: DIY Install: Auto-Dimming IRVM & Anti-Glare ORVMs

Was anyone successful replacing the XUV's irvm with auto dimming ones?
Old 5th August 2018, 22:01   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hi, which bracket type number did you choose for Tiago?

Sorry for a very delayed response but bracket 30 works. But it's a little loose so every week i have to tighten the screws as it starts to vibrate a lot after some time.
Old 6th August 2018, 06:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanu2k15 View Post
Sorry for a very delayed response but bracket 30 works. But it's a little loose so every week i have to tighten the screws as it starts to vibrate a lot after some time.
Use loctite blue. Will save you a lot of bother. Also a spring washer, if you can find it.
Old 6th August 2018, 08:27   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Use loctite blue. Will save you a lot of bother. Also a spring washer, if you can find it.

Thanks for the suggestion, which loctite blue should I use and how. I searched and saw multiple products and also where to buy them from in Bangalore, India. Spring washer i can try and get but where to put it?

The issue is the bracket gets loosened from where the bracket meets the mirror arm. Also the bracket itself is few mm wide than the actual mount giving it play. So i have to tighten 2 screws every week to fix the vibrations. Not sure how to get the bracket and mount fit flush.
Old 6th August 2018, 09:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, which loctite blue should I use and how. I searched and saw multiple products and also where to buy them from in Bangalore, India. Spring washer i can try and get but where to put it?

The issue is the bracket gets loosened from where the bracket meets the mirror arm. Also the bracket itself is few mm wide than the actual mount giving it play. So i have to tighten 2 screws every week to fix the vibrations. Not sure how to get the bracket and mount fit flush.
Something like this.

Loctite 242 Medium Strength Threadlocker, 50 mL Bottle, Blue https://www.amazon.in/dp/B001QXXAM0/..._aR8zBbDCA0E04

You need to apply a drop to the thread on the bolt/ screw and tighten as usual. In 24 hours the screw can only be loosened with a driver/ wrench. Use the medium strength only (in fact I think mine is low strength but I got it in the US)

A spring washer will be between the screw head and the surface that is being tightened
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 08:44   #96
BHPian

I have installed one Auto Dimming IRVM in my Swift bought from Aliexpress. The dimming function works beautifully but the green power light does not glow. The on/off switch also works properly, only the green light is not working. When contacted the seller, he said the upgraded models are like that to enter the anti-theft system of the car. I find it fishy as it is connected through fuse tap. Can experts throw some light?
indrasis_gun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 11:17   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
When contacted the seller, he said the upgraded models are like that to enter the anti-theft system of the car. I find it fishy as it is connected through fuse tap.
Unit may be defective mostly. Bulb would have blown off or some connection fault itself internally could be possible.

Can't relate the bulb glowing to anti-theft system.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 17:48   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can't relate the bulb glowing to anti-theft system.
I also think so. But as everything else is functioning properly, I have left it as it is as it will be a pain to return to Aliexpress. Your thread was immensely helpful, Sir.
indrasis_gun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 18:09   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
I also think so. But as everything else is functioning properly, I have left it as it is as it will be a pain to return to Aliexpress. Your thread was immensely helpful, Sir.
Thank you, sir. Happy that the thread is of help.

As long as the primary function of 'auto-dimming' works normally, don't get worked up about the green light.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 00:53   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, how have you done wiring in the Tiago? Fuse box or somewhere else? Also which fuse if you've used the fuse box.
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:32   #101
BHPian

This thread shows how we should be careful in selecting cars and variants based on features. Many of these features can be procured separately, some from the showroom itself. Auto dimming IRVM, Anti-glare and heated ORVMs are available for total 10k from third party. And many of us would happily shell out 25k for these if a higher variant offered them.

Do we somewhere have a list of features which can/can't be added to a car after purchase? Since even third party cruise control is available, I guess hardly anything remains.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Hello, how have you done wiring in the Tiago? Fuse box or somewhere else? Also which fuse if you've used the fuse box.

I used the fusebox. I believe I used F12 fuse. Can't remember exactly. I'm going to hardwire my air purifier and a dashcam soon so can confirm again if required.

DIY Install: Auto-Dimming IRVM & Anti-Glare ORVMs-img_20171118_114045.jpg
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:33   #103
BHPian

So I’ve managed to break the mounting bracket twice now. Tiago uses bracket 30 and I’ve managed to break even the replacement one. Is there a way I can do some other workaround? I’ve a feeling that this particular bracket isn’t made to last as this time it broke when I was seeing how much adjustment it can take.
DIY Install: Auto-Dimming IRVM & Anti-Glare ORVMs-d04b4d56ae6b4bd68b44799463ca7144.jpeg
Old 6th June 2020, 01:39   #104
BHPian

Got blackcat branded autodimming irvm from Amazon for my Duster 2020. Seller messed up with the mounting bracket (number 12) . Requested a replacement. Unfortunately, they sent another one with a similar wrong bracket. Is there any place I can get the bracket separately here in Bangalore? The top part of the pic is the bracket sent by them. The bottom is what it should be.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY Install: Auto-Dimming IRVM & Anti-Glare ORVMs-img_20200605_210323.jpg  

Last edited by adg_andy : 6th June 2020 at 01:40.
Old 6th June 2020, 05:40   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Is there any place I can get the bracket separately here in Bangalore? The top part of the pic is the bracket sent by them. The bottom is what it should be.
AliExpress I'm afraid is the only choice for best results IMHO and do contact the seller before hand with the necessary bracket images and then place an order.

Btw, did you contact the seller at Amazon with the required bracket image after they sent you the wrong one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks