Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 16:42   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
I am literally blind in terms of orvm's when it rains as droplets on the windows as well as the orvm's render them useless..
Try using Rain-X on the windows and ORVM. I have applied the same and the water beading effect is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Thanks for this thread. Just curious to know if during your search for an internal RVM, did you find one that you can link to a reverse parking camera?
Hey, in the post where I have mentioned the link to purchase the Auto Dimming IRVM, check the store for other products.

I haven't checked but.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 18:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY Install: Auto-Dimming IRVM & Anti-Glare ORVMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Whenever I even change the Day/Night setting to night in the current IRVM, I feel its too "Comfortable" for me on a highway and makes me think tailing traffic is way far away than it actually appears.Plus, feel my eyes are having a gala time with no glare and relaxing at ease.
I experienced something similar when driving my father's Honda City recently. We were coming back from a waterpark and everybody in the car was tired. I started to get sleepy and immediately switched the mode to daylight and voila, I was attentive on road!

The glares from the traffic in the back ensured that I didn't feel sleepy anymore and also had a better idea of how far the car tailgating me was.

However, I do miss the anti-glare in my swift at times when I have an XUV 5OO follow me closely with high beams on. Those are the times I really miss antiglare but on the flipside it ensures that either I give way to the idiot or accelerate out of his sight.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 10:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great DIY. Thanks for sharing.

Regarding the ORVMs, i would wait till you provide an update on how these perform during the rains and then decide.

And regarding the Auto Dimming IRVM, how would you rate the dimming compared to a conventional Day / Night IRVM as i have always felt that the manual Day / Night IRVMs get too dark when switched to Night mode and i invariably switch it back to Day mode.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 10:21   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Regarding the ORVMs, i would wait till you provide an update on how these perform during the rains and then decide.
Shall definitely update the thread as and when it rains and I drive.

Quote:
I have always felt that the manual Day / Night IRVMs get too dark when switched to Night mode and i invariably switch it back to Day mode.
You are 100% right with that observation on Manual D/N Mirror.

When I had changed to the auto-dimming mirror, the first drive in the night, I was disappointed as the dimming was lesser as compared to Manual D/N mirror.

Now I have got used to it and love the auto dimming IRVM. The manual one will not let you notice cyclists or any vehicle that doesn't have headlights BUT that isn't the case with the auto dimming one.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th November 2015 at 10:22.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 11:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Shall definitely update the thread as and when it rains and I drive.

You are 100% right with that observation on Manual D/N Mirror.

When I had changed to the auto-dimming mirror, the first drive in the night, I was disappointed as the dimming was lesser as compared to Manual D/N mirror.

Now I have got used to it and love the auto dimming IRVM. The manual one will not let you notice cyclists or any vehicle that doesn't have headlights BUT that isn't the case with the auto dimming one.
Great . This is exactly what i wanted to know. If the dimming was the same as the manual d/n mirror then i would have not thought about it. This definitely makes me more confident on going for this.

I recently acquired an Ecosport and was thinking of getting this installed. I am having an option of going for an auto dimming IRVM with rear view display + camera for 12.5k from Ford. Thinking if i should get that or just get the mirror and do a DIY.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 18th November 2015, 11:11   #21
BANNED

Quote:
I recently acquired an Ecosport and was thinking of getting this installed. I am having an option of going for an auto dimming IRVM with rear view display + camera for 12.5k from Ford. Thinking if i should get that or just get the mirror and do a DIY.
What I'll suggest is, in the post where I have mentioned the link to purchase the IRVM, go to that and check the other products in that store.

That guy sells mirrors with reverse cam too, Lot cheaper that what Ford has quoted. IIRC 7-9K is the price. Get it and do a DIY which is better off.

EDIT: Congratulations on getting the EcoSport.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th November 2015 at 11:28.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 14:36   #22
BHPian

Great DIY Anurag Thanks for sharing!

Can this be done on a Ritz too?
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 14:41   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Great DIY Anurag Thanks for sharing!

Can this be done on a Ritz too?
Thank you. Yes, it can be done.

1) Auto dimming IRVM is universal but for the bracket which is unique for each car. If we send the picture of the bracket, the supplier will send out to us with that.

2) Same goes for the Anti glare ORVM, you'll need to send the supplier the mirror design and he'll do that and ship it.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 15:08   #24
BHPian

Wonderful DIY, Kudos!

Interested to know if anyone has attempted the ALCF - A type film to achieve similar effect ?

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...tControlFilms/
soumobakshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 04:47   #25
BHPian

With increasing number people leaving their high beam on plus sudden rise in Chinese HID . Its a pain for eye and at times reason for temporary blindness leading to accident .
This irvm are installed in new i20, and thanks anurag ! Before this I was not even sure if there is a aftermarket product available . though the price is very hefty but its necessity in metropolitan city
Jose.solorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 08:04   #26
BHPian

Amazing DIY Anurag sir!

Very helpful, Considering the fact that there are many unobserving people driving with high beams on. Just curious, can this be done on a Grand i10?

Thanks in advance.

-aAdhi
The Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 09:48   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Valet View Post
Just curious, can this be done on a Grand i10?

Thanks in advance
Thank you sir. Both can be don't in your car too. Just send the IRVM mounting bracket to the supplier and it'll be shipped directly.

Same goes for for the ORVM. You'll need to send a picture plus the car model and year to the supplier where it'll be shipped to you.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 10:05   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

hi Anurag, Very well written !

The advantage of having an international model car !

I didnt find the ORVM on that store ..
Old 19th November 2015, 10:28   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
hi Anurag, Very well written !

The advantage of having an international model car !

I didnt find the ORVM on that store ..
Thanks Parwath!

ORVM is available in the video link that I have put in the post. It is not from AliExpress.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 15:11   #30
BHPian

Hey Anurag, that's really a great DIY.

Honestly, before reading your post I never knew that such a thing really exist. A very well written post supported by ample pics. Referring this thread even a novice like me can try this DIY.

Would definitely go for this in my Fiat GP 90HP.

Thanks for sharing
J_Man is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks