Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2019, 15:08   #16
BHPian

Re: VW Polo DIY: Upgrading the Front Dome Light

Inspired by this DIY mod and the ambience created by the upgraded dome light in the cabin, I've ordered a dome light for my VW Vento TSI HL Plus through Aliexpress and the harness from the Amazon German link

Later, while swapping the auto headlight switch I found that the connector provided in my car is different from the ones mentioned in your post (mine is the connector which goes into the right headlight switch in the below pic)
Name:  Screenshot 22.png
Views: 2265
Size:  126.5 KB

How do I connect the wire(pin.1 of harness) to the headlight switch connector as mine does not have pin no.17 to tap into, any other workaround for this method?

Kindly help me out with this...Thanks in advance.
Old 12th December 2019, 17:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have the same problem as above and found this on aliexpress which should be a direct fit.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3297...58a72e0eEK1ZhP

I also found the interior cabin light with a harness, should be direct fit. Can someone please confirm?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...58a72e0eEK1ZhP
Old 12th December 2019, 18:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I also found the interior cabin light with a harness, should be direct fit. Can someone please confirm?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303...58a72e0eEK1ZhP
Our's is a light beige colour, the beige one from your link is darker in shade. A link for the light beige one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...52024c4d2wgJ68

If required, I can share the pics in a week as the shipment has already reached India.
adityarobb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 08:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityarobb View Post
Our's is a light beige colour, the beige one from your link is darker in shade. A link for the light beige one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...52024c4d2wgJ68

If required, I can share the pics in a week as the shipment has already reached India.
Thanks for sharing and please do keep us posted on how it goes.

I don't know if you can send me a PM but if possible, please send your contact details on PM. Would like to connect with you as you are based out of Hyderabad.

Last edited by adimicra : 13th December 2019 at 08:15.
Old 21st October 2021, 21:48   #20
BHPian

A bit late to this trend but have been super tempted to get this upgrade done to my car, I personally feel it will really enhance the interiors at night.

However, I am not sure about the long-term implications of tapping the headlight switch to source power for backlit buttons and LEDs. Would be glad to hear any long term reviews of this mod or any general info on the same.

Just being extra cautious because I certainly don't want to run into any electrical wire troubles with a VW car
Old 27th February 2022, 14:02   #21
BHPian

Reviving an old thread to share a tweak I did on this mod.

I have been procuring W8 caddy for our customers and always referred to this thread to follow the instructions and tap PIN 17 on headlight switch for the ambience light however was always scared that someone might end up splicing the wire incorrectly and may put blame on us.

Polo 6R Fuse Layout:
VW Polo DIY: Upgrading the Front Dome Light-screen-shot-20220227-1.58.24-pm.png

Research onto my car and realized that fuse no. 7 can also be used to do the job as this fuse is responsible for controlling lots of lights which turns on only after headlight knob is turned to either parking or lights on side.

Powering the Passat W8 Ambience Light through fusebox
VW Polo DIY: Upgrading the Front Dome Light-122.png

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th March 2022 at 11:15. Reason: Replaced the fusebox layout (your company's watermarks).
durvient is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 02:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by durvient View Post
Reviving an old thread to share a tweak I did on this mod.

Research onto my car and realized that fuse no. 7 can also be used to do the job as this fuse is responsible for controlling lots of lights which turns on only after headlight knob is turned to either parking or lights on side.

Powering the Passat W8 Ambience Light through fusebox
Attachment 2281729
Great!

Did you use a Fuse Tap to do the job? Can you share how you connected the wire into the fuse? A pic would also add wonders to the ease of understanding.

Thanks in advance.
SuperSuri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks