Team-BHP - DIY : Bi-Xenon Projector for Hyundai i20
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   DIY - Do it yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/)
-   -   DIY : Bi-Xenon Projector for Hyundai i20 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/66599-diy-bi-xenon-projector-hyundai-i20-2.html)

There is a shop called PRO AUTOMODS here in noida, over there i saw these bi xenon projector kit. it was very similar to what there in the red getz. The kit comes with a BI xenon projector + hids + CCFL rings. It was costing around 14K

I will try get some pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3danikesh (Post 1513162)
I have just finished my dual projector design. Please let me know what you think:)

The black one looks good. If you can use projectors of different size for Hi and Lo beam, it will look better.

You should go with black, silver looks more like part of body so it doesnt let car eyes look like eyes. Best of luck

Kudos for the light, Post some picture from inside the car,

How come i see not color band? may be its the camera.

185 for the ballasts seem a big amount. Did you compare the pricing before the purchase?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 1513342)
There is a shop called PRO AUTOMODS here in noida, over there i saw these bi xenon projector kit. it was very similar to what there in the red getz. The kit comes with a BI xenon projector + hids + CCFL rings. It was costing around 14K

Hi aZa,

Would this be available for an i10?

Regards,
Alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKi10 (Post 1522258)
Hi aZa,

Regards,
Alex

Its virtually universal it can fit any car that uses H4 bulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 1522318)
Its virtually universal it can fit any car that uses H4 bulb

Pardon my ignorance.
But how does the projectors fit in. Does this use the same outer frame of the OEM light unit, or is the entire light unit changed.

Regards,
Alex

I'd recommend you to contact smokin.
He'll give you the design and whatever you want and the quality as to what i've seen is really amazing.

Interesting project. Waiting to see the final pics and light output. The GETZ lamps look great, OE look completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKi10 (Post 1522258)
Hi aZa,

Regards,
Alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKi10 (Post 1522333)
Pardon my ignorance.
But how does the projectors fit in. Does this use the same outer frame of the OEM light unit, or is the entire light unit changed.

Regards,
Alex

The glass of your stock light can be opened easily, Remove the bulb and this projector fits it self on the lock designed for the bulb. No cutting, no pasting, no alteration.

hi 3danikesh,

Pls guide as to how and where did you get this thing done. I would like to do the same on my elantra as there's none available in the aftermarket as many other cars,

cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 1513342)

That’s great, if possible please post the specification and Brand for the same

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Lucan (Post 1513481)
The black one looks good. If you can use projectors of different size for Hi and Lo beam, it will look better.

Yes black is better but there is lots of detailing to be done, only then I will finalize on the color.
I am using 3 inch for low beam and 2.5 for high

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 1520185)
You should go with black, silver looks more like part of body so it doesnt let car eyes look like eyes. Best of luck

Thanks
It’s a rough design just to have an idea. Once the design is complete it won’t look that flat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidaboy (Post 1522228)
Kudos for the light, Post some picture from inside the car,

How come i see not color band? may be its the camera.

185 for the ballasts seem a big amount. Did you compare the pricing before the purchase?

I’ll post some pictures ASAP
agree:I am using Matsushita digital ballast it’s a OEM for Nissan/Infiniti vehicles. It’s much better than aftermarket HID kits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 1523020)
Interesting project. Waiting to see the final pics and light output. The GETZ lamps look great, OE look completely.

Thanks, final product is at least couple of weeks away but I’ll keep updating as I progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphamike (Post 1525382)
hi 3danikesh,

Pls guide as to how and where did you get this thing done. I would like to do the same on my elantra as there's none available in the aftermarket as many other cars,

cheers,

If you want to retrofit projector I can help you but if you are planning to design a complete headlight assembly like my i20 Project, it will cost you Rs.1,50,000+. Not good for just one pair unless you are an Arabic Sheikh:D

that's a hefty price you paid...

i am using hella e55 projectors for the last two years+
Mitsubishi Electric gen4 OEM ballast
Mitsubishi company 4300k D2s hid bulbs
green color angel eyes CCFL
led indicators(amber color)
wire harness locally made for the same(this is locally as the wire harness used to get blown after few months so made with local wire relays so if get blown i can replace the relay costing me less than 100/-)

fog lights :
h7 4300k hid bulbs
with shield removed projectors

both projectors put up in the headlight assembly in cross way

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3danikesh (Post 1512992)
Entire Setup cost is Rs. 24000 approx and parking light is standard next projector (no LED no CCFL Angel eye)
Infinity FX 35 Bi xenon Projector - $210
Matsushita Gen 3 35W Digital Ballast -$ 185
Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs (4300K) - $ 80
Ballast control box and wire harness - $ 30

These Projectors can be fitted to virtually any Car but it might cost you more than aftermarket headlight, though cheaper options are also available

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokin (Post 1529122)
that's a hefty price you paid...

i am using hella e55 projectors for the last two years+
Mitsubishi Electric gen4 OEM ballast
Mitsubishi company 4300k D2s hid bulbs
green color angel eyes CCFL
led indicators(amber color)
wire harness locally made for the same(this is locally as the wire harness used to get blown after few months so made with local wire relays so if get blown i can replace the relay costing me less than 100/-)

fog lights :
h7 4300k hid bulbs
with shield removed projectors

both projectors put up in the headlight assembly in cross way

Thats Great :thumbs up
How much you paid? Everything I bought was brand new, even the Projectors (Brand New from OEM manufacturer)

@3danikesh: Looks really cool, was in touch with some guys (maybe the same) to get projectors and HIDs for the Sx4, but as plans sometimes do, it fizzled out. How did you open the headlight though? That was my main area of concern, as I wasnt too sure how much heat was required etc. etc.