Team-BHP - Cabin Filter for Swift : Want to do DIY
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   DIY - Do it yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/)
-   -   Cabin Filter for Swift : Want to do DIY (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/97139-cabin-filter-swift-want-do-diy.html)

Hi,

After a prolonged search for a Cabin Filter for Swift, I have given-up the hope to get one in India.

So would like to do one myself. However, I am unable to get pleated-paper filter or air filter element used in air conditioners.

Please do let me know, where can one buy the pleated-paper filter or air filter elements used in air conditioner, in Bangalore.

Thanks..

Hi manju,
I too heard something called as Ionizer that runs of 12v, used to clean room air, on sale on ebay yesterday (Rs 700). I am not sure how effective and useful it is. But if it can clean room air then it can purify car's cabin as well. May be experts can comment of its use and effectiveness here. It would surely be a good option as it can be used to clean cabin air without putting too much pressure on AC/ filters of the car.Check following:
http://cgi.ebay.in/IONIZER-CAR-PURIF...item414fde0710

I went to MGP parts store yesterday and I found that they were selling cabin air filters. This seems to be common for all Maruti models. They have both SGP and MGP versions. It was mentioned on the packaging that MGP versions can be washed and reused. I bought the SGP model for Rs.582/. MGP costs around Rs.400/. The part number for SGP model is 95860-63J10. The MGP versions also have the part number starting with 95860.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep (Post 2518804)
I went to MGP parts store yesterday and I found that they were selling cabin air filters. This seems to be common for all Maruti models. They have both SGP and MGP versions. It was mentioned on the packaging that MGP versions can be washed and reused. I bought the SGP model for Rs.582/. MGP costs around Rs.400/. The part number for SGP model is 95860-63J10. The MGP versions also have the part number starting with 95860.

Could you please share the dimensions of this filter?

Thanks,
Bejoy

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoy (Post 2518897)
Could you please share the dimensions of this filter?

Thanks,
Bejoy

I think it is 15 cm * 15 cm. Sorry, I couldnt measure it. I just came back after fitting it in the car and then saw this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjubp (Post 2257219)
After a prolonged search for a Cabin Filter for Swift, I have given-up the hope to get one in India.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for - the Philips Go Pure is priced around 12k and we have a review right here on TBHP !
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...on-system.html
Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep (Post 2518804)

The SGP model is for Swift & SX4 & the MGP model is for Wagon R, Alto & Estilo.

No filter can be washed and reused. Please check the Product info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssreeni (Post 2558664)

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a cabin filter? where is it placed? what is the schedule of cleaning / replacement? A picture would be great. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssreeni (Post 2558664)

Hi ssreeni

It was clearly mentioned on the MGP product packaging that the filter could be washed and reused!

@ goandude: It's the AC filter that is to be placed in the slot available for it behind the glovebox. I put the pic in Jaggu's Swift D thread since that was viewed by many people. Here's the link to my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2518923

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 2558807)
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a cabin filter? where is it placed? what is the schedule of cleaning / replacement? A picture would be great. Thanks

Yeah, even I am ignorant about this. Can someone please shed some light on it?

If you're talking about the dust filter that fronts a room AC, that functionality is already present and served by filters in an automotive AC system as well. No further filtration is needed.

This is sold on JC road Philips Launches New Car Air Purification System| Zigwheels.com

I am sure you will find it easily.

--Ragul

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 2558921)
If you're talking about the dust filter that fronts a room AC, that functionality is already present and served by filters in an automotive AC system as well. No further filtration is needed.

Well, this is not present in the Maruti Cars. I removed the glovebox in my swift and had to open a couple of clips to gain access to the area where this filter is placed (just after the fresh air vent and above the blower). The outside air vent opens directly above the fan and all the dust that comes through it will be vented into the cabin by the fan if this filer is not present. You can check it in your swift as well. You will find the place for the filter empty.

It's just a case of the manufacturer skimping of a part that is not seen or thought of necessary by many. I found fine dust in the area just behind the glovebox and on the firewall inside the car when I fit this filter even though I rarely down the windows or switch to fresh air mode. Isnt this enough of a conclusion to say that an additional filter would be useful for people prone to dust allergies, like me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep (Post 2559115)
Well, this is not present in the Maruti Cars. The outside air vent opens directly above the fan and all the dust that comes through it will be vented into the cabin by the fan if this filer is not present. You can check it in your swift as well. You will find the place for the filter empty.

It's just a case of the manufacturer skimping of a part that is not seen or thought of necessary by many. I found fine dust in the area just behind the glovebox and on the firewall inside the car when I fit this filter even though I rarely down the windows or switch to fresh air mode. Isnt this enough of a conclusion to say that an additional filter would be useful for people prone to dust allergies, like me?

Hey I'm confused here. You say there is a place for a filter to remove dust particles from outside air. Then there is NO filter supplied my Maruti. So you bought a filter and inserted it in the place (which you sent a link to above).

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 2559131)
Hey I'm confused here. You say there is a place for a filter to remove dust particles from outside air. Then there is NO filter supplied my Maruti. So you bought a filter and inserted it in the place (which you sent a link to above).

There is no filter installed by Maruti at the time of manufacturing but they sell that filter as MGP/SGP. It is left to the customer to install it. The place to fit it is present in all the cars.