Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 01:44   #76
BHPian

Re: My Maruti 800 crash: A first-hand account

Very sorry about the accident, Hats off to your bravery & Kindness towards others guys. Keep it up & Get well soon .Our prayers are with you.

Cheers

Josh
joshuakeys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 23:30   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samridh View Post
This is what I learned from the accident -

Life is a gift, treasure it but don't hold back for the greatest moments to be served on a golden platter. Go get a an ordinary china bowl and assimilate what ever you can best manage and share it with your loved ones. Take your wife or girlfriend for a lovely (I deliberately didn't say lavish) dinner out today, spare ur self for a second and tell her that you forgot the wallet in the car, rush to a flower vendor and get her a bunch of flowers. Surprise her and when she asks you what just got into you, tell her that a friend just made u realize how special life is and for you she epitomizes life.
Dear Samridh , first of all its great to know that you have recovered both mentally and physically from this horrific incident .

What has happened has happened and there is no point in thinking about it anymore . Go to the bar and enjoy with the ladies , im sure you have a great story to tell

I do however take a learning from your experience and have another point to make .

Being a 3rd year law student myself , we learn all about the society and its realms .How to make the life's of people you represent better and to put your clients interest over yours at all times because its not just a case that you are fighting but you are fighting for your clients life in one way or another. Its disheartening to know that no matter how much you try and do for the society people still take you for granted . If I may take your example , a bystander instead of helping a heavily wounded person decided to steal a watch . I know there is no law which compels you to help a person in need but what about ones ethics!! And had it not been for Mr. Mehta no one knows how the situation would have paned out !!

We seriously need some sensitization in the society. Thankfully a community like this exists which is at-least trying to make a difference by making people aware of their social obligations .
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 09:08   #78
BHPian

Wish you a very speedy recovery Samridh.

What I learnt from a few (3 to be precise) of my slips while riding a bike is that whatever you do, always wear a helmet if you are on a two wheeler. On all the three occasions I was wearing a helmet and on all the occasions my head did hit the ground.

Many times when we have to travel short distances, we ignore helmets. But accidents can indeed happen anywhere and anytime.

I would request all to wear helmets all the time and make sure your near and dear ones riding pillion to you are also wearing the same.
anoop_lamba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 11:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to your fighting spirit Samridh. Its a heart wrenching story but I think 5-10 years down the line the challenges and problems that you have/are facing will be miniscule compared to the gift of life that you have got 2nd time. Wish you all the very best health and complete recovery. Time to eat right and cut your diet .

I remember reading your other ICE thread and was wondering that this guy really went all out on setting up this ICE. Now I get the context.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 13:40   #80
BHPian

Dear Samridh,

Happened to see this thread now.. Wish a fast come back to normalcy!

Hats off to your courage and strength! Man, pulling off from such an accident is not an easy thing.

There would be a purpose, whatever happens to one. It may not be apparent today, but someday it would be! Sometimes, it is quite perplexing that how one's fun / ignorance puts another's life in deep trouble..

Drive safe and enjoy the drives!
babu.sundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 22:59   #81
BHPian

Thanks Samridh for telling your story here. I am overwhelmed at your strength and humbled by your self control. Get well soon friend, best wishes to you.
adsjar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 23:52   #82
BHPian

Dear Samridh,

Firstly, thank you very much for sharing this with all of us.

Your thoughts on matters of life are amazing. And to tell you the truth, I have been lucky to feel some of them at different stages of my life. It is really lovely to see them put together. May I also say, I feel they come straight from your heart. And for that, I am very thankful to you for making this effort.

I wish you a complete recovery. It is indeed very heartening to read of your strength and courage to come out of this. And more so to see your views on living life.

Now I am going to head to your Rapid thread! Many congratulations on the car, and more so on your recovery. You are blessed, my friend.

If you don't mind, I would like share in brief accounts of some of the accidents I have been in.
I had a Maruti 800 in the same color, and had to let go of it because of a similar, though much less severe accident. I got away with no injuries, and I am thankful everyday for that.
I had another accident not too long ago in my friend's Ritz. And it was much more severe. And since the airbags deployed, there was no injury.

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 00:35   #83
BHPian

Wish you a speedy recovery. Your post is simply moving, inspiring and teaching. You have summarized life like no other is so few words. I am sharing it in my facebook for the benefit of many others. Thanks and Cheers to life.

Last edited by idofsuresh : 10th August 2012 at 01:01.
Old 10th August 2012, 01:58   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Life is a gift, treasure it but don't hold back for the greatest moments to be served on a golden platter. Go get a an ordinary china bowl and assimilate what ever you can best manage and share it with your loved ones. Take your wife or girlfriend for a lovely (I deliberately didn't say lavish) dinner out today, spare ur self for a second and tell her that you forgot the wallet in the car, rush to a flower vendor and get her a bunch of flowers. Surprise her and when she asks you what just got into you, tell her that a friend just made u realize how special life is and for you she epitomizes life.
Thank you Samridh for sharing this. I had a lousy day,nay week. From managing two teams I am down to one, and so on. But when I read what you wrote, it changed my perception towards things. Yes, life is unpredictable, I was the one who always believed it living each day on its merit, believing that it could be my last. Somewhere I had lost that, thanks for getting it back!. I am printing post#47 and pasting it on my cupboard, I am sure a quick read everyday will make my day infinitely better. Thanks buddy.
Old 10th August 2012, 12:45   #85
BHPian

@Samridh.

You're post is an eye opener. Have never read a detailed account of a road accident anywhere else. Your post really gives an insight on what happens during and after such accidents. I wish you good health and a speedy recovery. Hope turn this page of your life sooner than expected.
Old 10th August 2012, 13:12   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Samridh
I've read a lot of post but to me this is the best I've ever read, no 47 I mean.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalck View Post
it showed me just how much i take for granted everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
The entire thread is truly heart touching and it has literally changed my view towards life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Hey Buddy,This post was a fantastic reminder for me to value what I have.Many a time,we forget to do that due to the mad rush we are all in.Thanks for putting your thoughts and hoping that you are back doing all that you enjoy doing.I loved the part in which you mentioned about your dad.Simply priceless.Was completely moved with the simple thoughts that you had expressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
I met with a freaky accident in 2005 and had a severly broken left foot, injured back (not broken), a broken rist. I walked without any support after 2.5 months. Like you got to know how much i love my father, mother and my wife (Not then). My left foot still isnt completely fit and back hurts a bit on and off.

I am reading this from my desk and believe me, I am going to get flowers for my wife when i go to pick her after work. I just felt like doing so. I guess even i don't express my affection to family which i should. I would just wish you all the best in life. Hope to read soon that you are completely fit cycling and rock climbing somewhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Your thread has inspired me to fight with life's difficulties even more bravely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
well having had previous experience in a similar crash (i was driving a baleno and t boned a police gypsy) id say that the 800 hasnt done too badly compared to most other cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Go to the bar and enjoy with the ladies , im sure you have a great story to tell

I know there is no law which compels you to help a person in need but what about ones ethics!! And had it not been for Mr. Mehta no one knows how the situation would have paned out !!

We seriously need some sensitization in the society. Thankfully a community like this exists which is at-least trying to make a difference by making people aware of their social obligations .
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_lamba View Post
Many times when we have to travel short distances, we ignore helmets. But accidents can indeed happen anywhere and anytime.

I would request all to wear helmets all the time and make sure your near and dear ones riding pillion to you are also wearing the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
Your thoughts on matters of life are amazing. And to tell you the truth, I have been lucky to feel some of them at different stages of my life. It is really lovely to see them put together. May I also say, I feel they come straight from your heart. And for that, I am very thankful to you for making this effort.

Now I am going to head to your Rapid thread! Many congratulations on the car, and more so on your recovery. You are blessed, my friend.

If you don't mind, I would like share in brief accounts of some of the accidents I have been in.
I had a Maruti 800 in the same color, and had to let go of it because of a similar, though much less severe accident. I got away with no injuries, and I am thankful everyday for that.
I had another accident not too long ago in my friend's Ritz. And it was much more severe. And since the airbags deployed, there was no injury.

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by idofsuresh View Post
Wish you a speedy recovery. Your post is simply moving, inspiring and teaching. You have summarized life like no other is so few words. I am sharing it in my facebook for the benefit of many others. Thanks and Cheers to life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Thank you Samridh for sharing this. I had a lousy day,nay week. From managing two teams I am down to one, and so on. But when I read what you wrote, it changed my perception towards things. Yes, life is unpredictable, I was the one who always believed it living each day on its merit, believing that it could be my last. Somewhere I had lost that, thanks for getting it back!. I am printing post#47 and pasting it on my cupboard, I am sure a quick read everyday will make my day infinitely better. Thanks buddy.
Its true that so many of us (me included) forget what life is and get into a downward spiral where achievements are measured in numbers and trivial issues boggle us beyond beleif. We look for happiness outside and forget to appreciate what lays within and around us.

Thanks to such excellent responses I drew up the courage to show dad this thread. He read it, re-read it and then shed a tear, hugged me and said, 'I was always there for you now I know you will also be there for me'!! Everyone of you contributed in cementing my bond with him. I thank you!!

Feel bad for the others who have gone through or are going through their recoveries. You will all be fine in no time. Just smile and start making a list of things 'To Do'. Life is short and the human mind is trained to want the world. Beleive me the list will be long enough enough and you will be all ok before you complete it.

X-rays coming shortly and the videos in due course!!
Samridh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 13:29   #87
BHPian

You are a very strong ,courageous and kind person Samridh. I showed this thread to my wife and two children (all of them drive) and all of us were very moved by it. You are a source of inspiration to all of us. God bless you and keep you safe.
Regards
Ashok
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 13:55   #88

Hey Samrudh,

I wish you a speedy recovery.
Also, many people would come across accidents, but to detail them back at Team BHP is not many of us do. Thankyou for enlightening us. Frequent reminders do sit in our minds. I only wish we remember such incidents and consequences when we feel the rush to floor the throttle.
seanr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 21:27   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Its true that so many of us (me included) forget what life is and get into a downward spiral where achievements are measured in numbers and trivial issues boggle us beyond beleif. We look for happiness outside and forget to appreciate what lays within and around us.
Samridh Sir, kudos to you for handling this the way you have. Although, I cannot digest the fact that you let these people go without them having to face consequences. Forgive me, no offense intended; I am not saying that you should have gone after them on grounds of personal vendetta, only justice.

Anyway, happy to see brave people like you, though sparse are still around.
Wishing you many happy miles with the new car.
Skye1592 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 13:46   #90
BHPian

Hats off to you Sir. It takes a lot of courage to really jot down those memories, and that too with a positive outlook. Post 47 is now a print out on my office desk !! :-) Wish you great health and loads of happiness.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks