Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 01:39   #151
BHPian

why you did not try to get the truck back to blore and fix it.
Old 7th May 2009, 08:55   #152
Senior - BHPian

That is some bad work there. Guess the Pondy workshop might have figured that you being from outside, that they won't be disturbed once the vehicle leaves the workshop, since no one will have time to go all the way back there for these rectifications.

Anyway, hope you get the issue sorted out.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:13   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.das View Post
why you did not try to get the truck back to blore and fix it.
I was not confident to drive the vehicle all way back to B'lore after the accident. Thats why I gave it to the nearest TASC. I blindly trusted the quality levels of an Authorised service center and expected a proper work. Now I know that we should trust only the TASC which we are familiar with and dont expect assured quality for all TASCs. Tata has to go a long way in this field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
That is some bad work there. Guess the Pondy workshop might have figured that you being from outside, that they won't be disturbed once the vehicle leaves the workshop, since no one will have time to go all the way back there for these rectifications.

Anyway, hope you get the issue sorted out.
I contacted Tata customer care and talked to the Regional Manager for Bangalore. He promised that he will try to get the rework done at Prerana Motors and then bill the charges to the service ceter at Pondy. Prerana gave them an estimate of Rs29,520 for the work. This amount was too much for the Pondy service center to pay, and hence they insisted that they will do the rework. I even contacted the Tata Regional Manager for Chennai area, and even he assured me that the work will be 100% satisfactory, but I've to bring the vehicle whenever I get time.

For me, now time is the only constraint. This has been pending for almost 3 months; Cannot hold it back for long.

Last edited by Holyghost : 7th May 2009 at 12:20.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:43   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
This amount was too much for the Pondy service center to pay, and hence they insisted that they will do the rework. I even contacted the Tata Regional Manager for Chennai area, and even he assured me that the work will be 100% satisfactory, but I've to bring the vehicle whenever I get time.

For me, now time is the only constraint. This has been pending for almost 3 months; Cannot hold it back for long.
It is better you ask them to send a driver to pick the Car from Bangalore and bare the one way fuel charges. After completion of work you fly down to Pondi and check the quality of work and get it back.

They should be penalised atleast by paying one way fuel and the driver charges for taking the vehicle.
Old 7th May 2009, 13:47   #155
Senior - BHPian

HolyGhost,

Well, at least you have them owing up the responsibility and trying to fix it. I just hope they do a good job this time.

And yes, I would also suggest what Gowda79 has suggested.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:17   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
They should be penalised atleast by paying one way fuel and the driver charges for taking the vehicle.
Quote:
HolyGhost,
And yes, I would also suggest what Gowda79 has suggested.
@gowda79: Even I was thinking of that, but later I felt it would be better to drive down and meet them in person, finalise on all the rework to be carried out, and then if possible meet the Tata Regional supprt so that the work will be done under their ownership.
Also the concerned TASC do not have a paint booth and now since the entire Left side has to be repainted, I don't want them to give any excuses over the phone. I am trying to get atleast the painting part done at some reputed workshop who has all the facilities for proper painting.

Last edited by Holyghost : 7th May 2009 at 14:18.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:51   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@gowda79: Even I was thinking of that, but later I felt it would be better to drive down and meet them in person, finalise on all the rework to be carried out, and then if possible meet the Tata Regional supprt so that the work will be done under their ownership.
Also the concerned TASC do not have a paint booth and now since the entire Left side has to be repainted, I don't want them to give any excuses over the phone. I am trying to get atleast the painting part done at some reputed workshop who has all the facilities for proper painting.
If they do not have this at TASS, then speak to the Tata guys tell them on the availability of the vehicle for them and give them full responsibility on the paint work and other things.

Also be clear with them that you will need to speak to them face to face before picking up the vehicle, i think this will sort your problem.

I guess this will not be 1 or 2 days work for you to stay back there and get it back home, they might take more than 4-5days to complete the work upto your satisfaction.
Old 7th May 2009, 15:00   #158
BHPian

Yes, It will take more than a week.
I have to talk to them, leave the vehicle and then collect the vehicle after a week. I need Tata to take the responsibility of the work in my absence and that is the main purpose of my visit.
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:06   #159
Senior - BHPian

Holyghost,

How is the vehicle doing? Did you get it fixed?
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:03   #160
BHPian

Quote:
And now I know its not so hard to tumble this moving bungalow

For the 2BHK aka Tata Safari to toppple in this manner, you would have to be on the evil side of 90 atleast!

Narrow country roads like the one in this pic demand that we take extra precaution and drive extra slow. There is no saying what exactly is there on the other side of the curve.
Old 14th July 2009, 18:29   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Holyghost,

How is the vehicle doing? Did you get it fixed?

Technically its not yet fixed.
In between, I got the vehicle repainted twice. Once from Pondicherry and then from Concorde, Bangalore. The rattling, Wind Noise etc has been rectified. But the paintwork is still far from perfect.

I'll be giving the vehicle to Concorde this weekend for another round of polishing. This time I am not gonna collect the vehicle unless I am fully satisfied with the work.
Old 1st January 2010, 20:38   #162
BHPian

Hi Holyghost,

Happened to see this post when did a search in the forum after I myself experienced some instability in my Safari while turning sharply at 80-90kmh to avoid a pothole.

Anyways, do not give-up in getting your vehicle repaired up to your satisfaction. Hold Tata Motors responsible for it; lately I have seen their responses are more customer oriented ;-).

Coming back to the discussion of Safari's stability at sharp turns - As generally noticed in SUV's, shart turing at higher speeds do put you in danger. I went through a shock of my life when I did it near Mettur on my way Bangalore - Tiruvalla. I was at 8-90kmh speed (I do not go beyond 90-100 kmh during long drives) and suddenly I noticed a deep pothole that I thought I should avoid going in. I turned the steering towards right and a speeding (flying?) Palio from opposite side made me to turn it back to left side. The sudden right-left turn spoiled the vehicle stability and a I lost control and almost hit the pedestrians. I do not remeber exactly what I did to bring the vehicle under control - some how I managed to avoid a fatal accident. Needless to say, I stopped after a short distance to come out of the shock, cool-off myself and memorize what just happened!!

Lesson learned - Do not take sharp turns at higher speeds on an SUV. Falling in a pothole is better than doing an accident.

It's wroth mentioning that I used to do all these on my previous sedan (with ABS, EBD, Brake Assist) and managed to survive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks