Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2019, 16:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

MG ZS EV self-drive rental to be available from January 2020

MG has partnered with Lithium Urban Technologies to offer the MG ZS EV on its upcoming self-drive rental platform.

Name:  MG ZS EV rental.png
Views: 1537
Size:  618.9 KB

According to Lithium, the electric SUV will be available for customers for inter-city travel and corporate use from January 2020 onwards.

The MG ZS EV is expected to be powered by a 44.5 kWh lithium-ion battery and an electric motor with an output of 141 BHP and 353 Nm. The battery is claimed to offer a maximum range of 300 km on a single charge. It can be recharged to 80% of its capacity in 40 minutes using a 50 kW DC charger or in 7 hours with a 7 kW charger.

The India-spec MG ZS EV is expected to be unveiled on December 5, 2019.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 21:39   #2
BHPian

Re: MG ZS EV self-drive rental to be available from January 2020

I believe the model should be other way around. They should tie up with a rental company which can assure good quality IC cars of similar size/features to it's electric car customers when needed. That way, the electric car customers can use the electric car for their daily commute. And when they need to go on road trips, they will have access to an IC car which takes care of the range anxiety in absence of quick charge points across the country.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 08:17   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: MG ZS EV self-drive rental to be available from January 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
According to Lithium, the electric SUV will be available for customers for inter-city travel and corporate use from January 2020 onwards.
That's pretty cool! A nice way for many to experience an EV for the first time. Some of them might end up pleasantly surprised.

This is also a must-do for anyone planning to buy the car. If I was buying a model I'm unsure about (including non-electric cars), I'd definitely rent it for a couple of days to get a feel of what she's like to live with.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 10:41   #4
BHPian

I agree with you. This would be a wonderful way to spend the day driving it around and figuring out whether this car works for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks