Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 22:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership Review: Tata Nexon EV (1000 km)

Good perspective on both good and bad.

I'm also looking to buy the Nexon EV. Loved the Test Drive and now looking what are the risks apart from Range Anxiety and Fast Charging infrastructure.

I do not have a closed parking. Will that be a problem.

Also I understand that Maharashtra is giving 1L subsidy for the the first 10000 EVs. https://evreporter.com/maharashtra-ev-policy/

Has Maharashtra done the first 10000?
Old 26th January 2021, 22:52   #47
BANNED

I park my car outside and underneath a tree, other than dried leaves falling, and birds pooping, I don't see it as a problem

The range anxiety will go away after a week, and FC infrastructure is happening. This is just the start, dive into the revolution and enjoy blissful driving.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 20:36   #48
BHPian

Ok, so I just bought one (XZ+) and personally, I don't think the XZ+ trim in particular is worth it.

This was in Greater Noida, a dealership called Sagar Motors.

We went to the dealership on the 20th of Jan to see the car. They had none available. But they were quick to tell us that it's exactly the same as the petrol variant they had available (spoiler: it's not). We were to exchange our 2010 Chevrolet Beat. So basically, we never saw the car, never drove the car, but they pressured us to book it anyway based on a false promise. They even had a brochure available that said that the car had rear armrest, headrest and wearable PEPS key available in the XZ+ time. So we booked it, because our Beat was getting cranky with age (would kill the engine as soon as you press the clutch to disconnect the engine even if it's just for up/down shifting). Come 23rd of Jan, I read two pieces of news:

Tata Motors increases prices of cars, SUVs by up to ₹26,000

An exchange bonus of Rs.15,000 is being offered on the purchasing the Nexon EV to celebrate it's one year anniversary

When I contacted him about these two, he promised to give me the extra 5k bonus (because initially he had promised us 10k only) as well as told me to not worry about the increased prices because the price increase was not going to affect anyone who had bought the car before 22nd of Jan, as per Tata. He also promised to deliver the car by 28th of Jan and get the charger installed 3 days before it (i.e. by 25th of Jan). After that, he went radio silent and we had to reach out to him by 27th, did all the paperwork but due to his incompetence, issues just kept cropping up that he somehow "wasn't aware of". I had been forcing him to arrange a test drive since day one but he always denied it saying there are no Nexon EVs available in all of Delhi NCR dealerships for me to drive (quite a claim!). On 28th, when our car finally arrived, he informed us he won't be letting us take the delivery until we have insurance finalized (which we were going to get from Edelweiss because Tata's was too expensive for a car like this). Then, he went back on his promise to give us the extra 5k bonus even though I showed him two other dealerships offering it. Then he tried to gaslight me by saying he would charge me the extra money on top of the agreed amount because of Tata's recent price increase (another broken promise). He gave us a test drive on that day with the demo car though (which had arrived on the same day as our car) and we found out that the car didn't have the rear headrest, rear armrest, wearable PEPS key. He also lied to us that the car does not have any sim even though I explicitly asked him about it because I had seen the mention of an e-sim in the infotainment system in a Youtube review. He had also promised us that we'd be able to charge our EV at his dealership for free, but on the 28th, he told us that his charger has somehow, miraculously broken and that he won't be able to install the charger at our place soon. So finally, yesterday, with an extremely bad taste in our mouths, we took the delivery of the car. The "so called" claimed range of 312 KMs was a lie too because at 99% charge, my Nexon shows "180 Km" which is depleting at a rate of about 1% every 2 kms and I have no way of charging it as of yet.

As you all may already know, last October, they had increased the prices of XZ+ (and XZ+ Lux) by 26k. Sometime after that, they basically took away the armrest, headrest and wearable PEPS key from the XZ+ package without adding anything back. And as of 22 Jan, they have increased the prices of all Nexon EVs (XZ+ has taken a hit of about 15k yet again). As you can see, the XZ+ is basically half a lakh more costlier now with it's feature list being constantly reduce and the reason for it probably is that this is the most popular trim; Tata may have let the early adopters have it at lower prices with good features but now they're either trying to make the Lux version sell more than XZ+ by depriving the XZ+ of even more features that Lux has or they're trying to cut corners on the manufacturing costs of XZ+ since they're the most ordered units. Either way, their dealerships are lying to the customers with a straight face telling everyone that the way cheaper ICE engine siblings, which have these extra features available at no extra cost, are the same as the EVs (respective trims) and promising range that even their own software refutes.

As it stands, I don't think anyone should by the EV's XZ+ trim. It's got more features missing from it than before but the price just keeps on shooting through the roof every couple of months for no good reason. If you absolutely must, go for an XM and install some TATA accessories or aftermarket stuff or if you have the budget, take the plunge and the Lux version since that one's got everything. XZ+, in my opinion, as of today, is just not worth it's price and I'm sure they'll just keep jacking these prices up.
LEGION_FIVE is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 04:17   #49

I have seen few reviews mentioned the problem about Nexon EV misses the slot when put into a reverse gear and as a result the car does not go back when reversing and driver needs to put it to Neutral and then back into reverse. Did anyone experience this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks