Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2021, 11:52   #1
BHPian

Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron

Mod Note: Our Tata Tigor Electric Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Tata motors released a teaser for their upcoming EV with Ziptron technology that powers Nexon EV.

Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-screenshot_20210811101839995_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-screenshot_20210811101829981_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-screenshot_20210811101759666_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-screenshot_20210811101746944_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Tata motors had recently rebranded it's regular Electra powered Tigor EV as 'TATA XPRES-T'.

Now the re-introduced Tigor EV is to cater to the private customers like the NEXON EV. Tigor EV will be having plenty of advantages by adopting the Ziptron technology.

*300V architecture Vs 72V.
*100+ ps power Vs 40ps.
*0-100KM/h in less than 10s.
*DC fast charging at 25KW.
*Advantage of wide spread CCS2 charging network.

Even if Tigor EV retains its 21.5KWH battery, it will have advantages over NEXON EV.

*Lighter than NEXON EV by 200kg.
*More efficiency, performance.
*Affordable by couple of lakhs.

Personally I would like to have an EV with very small battery pack say 10KWH for city use.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th September 2021 at 09:12. Reason: Link to review added
TorqueIndia is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron

Happy to see that the long forgotten Tigor will get a new lease of life.

Looks like there are some cosmetic changes to the exteriors as well.

If the same motor which is supplied in the Nexon is equipped in the smaller Tigor, this may result in even better performance timings.
abhishek46 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:22   #3
BHPian

Tigor’s Achilles heels were the lack of a good power train. The car itself looked and felt better than the competition, both interiors and exteriors. I think this car if priced under 10 lakhs (which seems doable with all the tax benefits) is going to be a hit.
warrioraks is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:28   #4
BHPian

Good to see Tata taking an early lead in the EV segment in India. It would drive the next step evolution of Tata brand of PVs in India and in the long run, Tata can be at pole position (Like Maruti did win the 80's). EV's are the future it seems (Bypassing the Hybrids altogether, like Cellphones did against Pagers in India). Fuel cell EVs look more promising on paper but do have significant hurdles in terms of hydrogen re-fuelling infrastructure.

Tata has good looking, futuristic models in their lineup now, and one by one, coverting all of them into EV would drive their upscaling as well (in terms of price points). Eventually, they would bring in a pure EV with extended range and performance (like Tesla's).

Good luck Tata Motors!
Nav-i-gator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Tigor’s Achilles heels were the lack of a good power train. The car itself looked and felt better than the competition, both interiors and exteriors. I think this car if priced under 10 lakhs (which seems doable with all the tax benefits) is going to be a hit.
There is almost 6lakh difference between the ex-showroom price of Nexon XM petrol & Nexon XM EV.

Going by that logic, I am expecting the Tigor EV to be priced at around 12 Lakh Ex-Showroom (i.e. Rs 2 Lakh cheaper than the Nexon XM EV).
abhishek46 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:48   #6
BHPian

Recently launched Xpres T is priced at 9.75 lakhs including some FAME benefits for commercial vehicles. Older Tigor EV with 21.5KWH pack was priced at 12.59 Lakhs without any benefits, let's see how they will introduce this one.
TorqueIndia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 13:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
There is almost 6lakh difference between the ex-showroom price of Nexon XM petrol & Nexon XM EV.

Going by that logic, I am expecting the Tigor EV to be priced at around 12 Lakh Ex-Showroom (i.e. Rs 2 Lakh cheaper than the Nexon XM EV).
I would compare EV to an XMA variant which reduces the price differential to 5 lacs. Despite that, your point is taken - a sub-10 lac pricing seems improbable.
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 13:44   #8
BHPian

I guess the difference between TigorEV and Nexon EV will be 1L if they maintain the same battery pack. But if they reduce the battery pack capacity, the price difference could become significant.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 14:09   #9
BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh

Tigor EV powered by Ziptron platform coming soon!

bronco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 14:45   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Tata motors released a teaser for their upcoming EV with Ziptron technology that powers Nexon EV.

https://Youtu.be/Ll_WJWYXnhM
The teaser reminds me of the Range Rover Sport Dragon challenge!
josethundiyil99 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 14:48   #11
BHPian

Good to know TATA motors is evolving in the EV space before the completion.
I am a little perplexed on the discussion of pricing. If it is around 1L less than Nexon, where will they slot Altroz EV whenever it is launched.
arvindmanju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 14:56   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post

XM variant still has some features missing from EV XM variant. Tata has made dual tone standard on all EV models. Due to lack of gearbox, it’s actually more comparable to Auto gearbox.

Projector headlamps, keyless entry, hill descent control and so on.

Last edited by Shresth_EV : 11th August 2021 at 15:10.
Shresth_EV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 15:22   #13
BANNED

Here I was looking for Altroz EV and Tata serves the old Tigor EV with an updated battery and drivetrain. Xpress T and Masala T.
DarthVeda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 15:30   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Good to know TATA motors is evolving in the EV space before the completion.
I am a little perplexed on the discussion of pricing. If it is around 1L less than Nexon, where will they slot Altroz EV whenever it is launched.
Even ICE Altroz and Tigor are in the same price bracket, Tigor being slightly cheaper than Altroz. Not sure how they will position these vehicles in its EV avatar. I really feel they should have stuck to the current non-ziptron Tigor at lower end and the Altroz in between Tigor and Nexon EV.

Current Tigor EV is launched at 10L which I believe includes a FAME II subsidy of 2L+. Will they be able to sell a Ziptron Tigor with more power, features and without FAME subsidy at 12L? And If they price it nearer to 13L, they will have to provide atleast same range as the Nexon EV since Nexon EV starts at 13.99. I guess they might increase the starting prices of Nexon EV since they havent increased the prices of XM variant while all other variant prices increased by 50K over the last few months.
Or they could get rid of Nexon EV XM variant which will take the starting price of Nexon EV to 15.56L. That will give them enough room to position newer EVs.

Last edited by Holyghost : 11th August 2021 at 15:39.
Holyghost is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 18:05   #15
AZT
BHPian

This looks like a way to increase the price of Nexon EV and position this a little below. I like the idea of a Tigor EV but at over 12 L it gets difficult to justify the purchase.

Waiting for the price reveal.
AZT is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks