Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2021, 23:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Buying a Used Mahindra E2O - Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parambir View Post
Hello

I have been contemplating for sometime to get an EV. Saw Nexon. Was really impressed by the specs. However a little beyond my reach or so to say, more than I would like to put in an EV.

Came across a guy who is selling E2O plus (around 4 lacs for 2018). Completely tested and assured 140 km range. Spoke to someone who got from him too and he has been using it for about 2 months and getting 140 km quite easily.

So the question now arises... Is it worth getting this or should one wait for say - electric Wagon R, Kwid electric and likes...

Thanks
Hi parambir,
I reply to this question of yours as i own one. In fact its used by my wife since past 4.5 years on a daily basis. And trust me she squeezes every drop of electron from its battery. Ours is the P6 variant which promises 110km but my wife has managed to extract 75 odd kms with around 14% charge remaining (she is quite a daredevil). In these 4.5 yrs of ownership the car has been run around 50000km with out any major expenditure ( only the slave battery went bad and was replaced that too under warranty). And it has helped us save lakhs in fuel bills undoubtedly.
My wife is so happy with its dimension, ease of driving and cost efficiency that she vows she wont buy an ICE ever. The ride quality and lack of safety features( read ABS, Airbags and Metal on the body) makes its look toyish. But trust me, in a city like bangalore where u have jams at every meter, signals at every corner and parking space a rarity this car works wonder.
If the car u plan to buy has been maintained well, has a good battery life and is going to be used only in the city go for it.
U will save a lot of money in fuel and might be save enough to buy a good EV in the years to come. I dont see any new EV coming for less than 10L in the next couple of years atleast cos if it does i am gonna make a blind pre booking.

Happy Green Motoring
navinkamath4657 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 16:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a Used Mahindra E2O - Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinkamath4657 View Post
But trust me, in a city like bangalore where u have jams at every meter, signals at every corner and parking space a rarity this car works wonder.
Being an owner of one for 3-plus years now, I absolutely agree. It is an amazing city car! If the use case is city driving with 2 adults plus 2 kids on board, within a range of 80-odd km, the e2o is unbeatable in terms of ease of driving, ease of parking, and of course, running cost (at less than Re 1 per km). On top of all this, the feeling of NOT emitting noxious fumes while waiting at traffic signals or sitting in traffic jams, enjoying the a/c all the while, is priceless It is, however, a strict no-no for highway runs given the lack of safety features and instability at higher speeds (above 70 km/h).

To the OP - get the car checked at Mahindra ASC for battery health and overall mechanicals. Other than the battery, there is nothing much to go wrong in the car. If you get a good price and battery checks out, go for it!
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks