Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2021, 15:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Apple car to focus on full-autonomous tech; debut in 2025

Apple is said to be accelerating its electric car project, with the aim of introducing its EV as early as 2025.

Apple car to focus on full-autonomous tech; debut in 2025-applelogo.jpg

According to a media report, the iPhone-maker is also refocussing the project around full-self driving capabilities. However, the deadline is fluidic and dependent on Apple's ability to ready the autonomous technology in time. Reports suggest that if Apple fails to get the tech ready by the 2025 deadline, it would either delay the debut or sell it initially with lesser tech.

The reports also state that Apple's ideal car will neither have a steering wheel nor pedals and that its interior will be designed around a hands-off driving theme. However, the company has discussed the possibility of equipping the car with an emergency takeover mode.

The Apple car will also have a large centrally-positioned iPad-like touchscreen to control and interact with all the features and tech. The system will be integrated with all of Apple's existing services and devices.

Source: Bloomberg

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 17:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Apple car to focus on full-autonomous tech; debut in 2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post

The reports also state that Apple's ideal car

The Apple car will also have a large centrally-positioned iPad-like touchscreen to control and interact with all the features and tech. The system will be integrated with all of Apple's existing services and devices.
I was already thinking about the name, but duh! it might be called iCar, iCar pro and iCar plus.

Again, is Apple going to introduce more variation is parts and services with it's principle?
Old 19th November 2021, 18:21   #3
BANNED

Why even bother selling this? Why not just start your own robo-taxi service?
I will not pay for a car I can't drive. But I guess, this is SOP for Apple.

Honestly, I am fed up of this trend of paying for things that you do not truly own; things that need an internet connection to function or activate. Especially Apple stuff. Apple can lock me out of my device with one signal. How is my iPhone truly mine if the OEM is the final arbiter of ownership/authorization?

With increased penetration of telematics, same thing is happening with cars. Always connected, always phoning home. Soon enough telematics data will be made mandatory for buying and claiming insurance.

And that's not all. Connected cars might become a favorite assassination tool in the hands or hackers and bad actors. Privacy is the true luxury of the future.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th November 2021 at 19:39. Reason: Sarcasm
Old 20th November 2021, 09:53   #4
BHPian

One thing is for sure:
Judging by past history, Apple will not be competing with Maruti

Jokes aside, if this car is going to be truly self-driving, it will be the antithesis of everything this site and its members stand for.

Last edited by Mustang Sammy : 20th November 2021 at 10:17. Reason: Typi
Old 20th November 2021, 15:14   #5
BHPian

It almost sort of makes sense since Tesla was becoming the Apple of the car industry anyway with cars becoming more Silicon Valley than Detroit!
Old 20th December 2021, 10:19   #6
BHPian

Matt Watson from Carwow explores the patents filed by Apple for the Apple Car. While the practicality is debatable, some of the features are really mind-blowing. Way futuristic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks