Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2022, 12:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Aha NexCruise | Plug-in cruise control & energy management for the Nexon & Tigor EVs

Can any NexCruise owner comment on the potential improvement in highway mileage pls? Thanks.
Old 12th March 2022, 13:29   #17
BANNED

Re: Aha NexCruise | Plug-in cruise control & energy management for the Nexon & Tigor EVs

depends on the speed you want to maintain, if you are looking at hypermiling then yes, this would easily help you achieve that. but if you are planning to drive between 80 to 100 then the increase you would see is minimal without it.
All nexcruise does it help you maintain same speed without using your feet and the coast mode would also help on a flat or slightly sloped terrain.

I only did a short 120km round trip and used the nexcruise 60% of the time, however, I cannot say how much I would have gained using nexcruise, that requires records keeping, which I am not good at.
Old 1st July 2022, 13:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernelmann View Post
The fact that Tata left out cruise control from the Nexon and Tigor EVs sucks. Whatever the logic, it's hard to justify the omission of something that greatly enhances the user experience. But in hindsight, I'm glad they did because that opened the door for this collaborative innovation. Having installed and driven with the Nexcruise, it has transformed my highway driving experience completely and I believe every Nexon EV & Tigor EV driver can benefit from it. There's news of the new upgraded Nexon EV having the cruise control, and I hope it comes with the ability to turn off regen. If not, the Nexcruise is worth the buy just for the Coast feature alone..
Thanks for an exhaustive first-hand review. I am totally in favour of such innovations with calculated risks. There are a few queries that I have.
I recently bought a Nexon EV XZ+ for my father in Chandigarh. The car is doing fine and father has gotten pretty used to driving the EV style and with learning more driving skills, he has as of now clocked 225 km on one full charge.

I have a few queries about the product and will be grateful if they can be answered here since I could not find these mentioned in YT videos.

Q1 - My father will primarily be using the car in city drive. In such case, is "coast" function useful?
Q2 - When I have enabled "coast" mode and release the throttle, I understand that no regen is enabled and it just rolls. But if I press the brake, does "coast" mode get deactivated and regen start?
Q3 - Is a customisable speed limit possible? I suppose currently it is 80 kmph. Chandigarh has a speed limit of 60 kmph throughout and we would like to have that setting. Is it possible?
Q4 - I am particularly interested in "eco" and "deep eco" modes which, to my best understanding, are most useful in city drives to gain maximum out of the battery without quick discharging due to acceleration. Is that right? Are they the most suitable modes for city drives?

Thanks
Parambir

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd July 2022 at 21:08. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:33   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parambir View Post
Q1 - My father will primarily be using the car in city drive. In such case, is "coast" function useful?
for City drive, Coast is not very useful, unless you want to eek every bit of energy and you see a down hill in city with very minimal traffic, that's the only situation you would hit coast mode. Coast is only meant for highway and on a flat or downhill section.
Quote:
Q2 - When I have enabled "coast" mode and release the throttle, I understand that no regen is enabled and it just rolls. But if I press the brake, does "coast" mode get deactivated and regen start?
No. Coast stays on until you turn it off manually or switch off car.
Quote:
Q3 - Is a customisable speed limit possible? I suppose currently it is 80 kmph. Chandigarh has a speed limit of 60 kmph throughout and we would like to have that setting. Is it possible?
It isn't at the moment, but can be something which could be customized in later upgrades. Actually, the speed limit function wasn't even functional till the last update. The last update enabled it.
Quote:
Q4 - I am particularly interested in "eco" and "deep eco" modes which, to my best understanding, are most useful in city drives to gain maximum out of the battery without quick discharging due to acceleration. Is that right? Are they the most suitable modes for city drives?
Yes, they are meant for City drive, and I would never ever use those mode, they are for the uninitiated and panicky folks. in Deep eco mode, the car won't climb up an incline from stand still. It should be used only if you cannot control the throttle well.
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
for City drive, Coast is not very useful, unless you want to eek every bit of energy and you see a down hill in city with very minimal traffic, that's the only situation you would hit coast mode. Coast is only meant for highway and on a flat or downhill section.

No. Coast stays on until you turn it off manually or switch off car.

It isn't at the moment, but can be something which could be customized in later upgrades. Actually, the speed limit function wasn't even functional till the last update. The last update enabled it.

Yes, they are meant for City drive, and I would never ever use those mode, they are for the uninitiated and panicky folks. in Deep eco mode, the car won't climb up an incline from stand still. It should be used only if you cannot control the throttle well.
Thank you very much for the reply. I think then the eco mode is most useful for my father since it will relieve extra pressure off his foot to try keep the rate of acceleration under control. He does not fall under panicky or uninitiated categories. He is a paratrooper and suffered spinal injury which resulted in right foot drop.

The last update of nexcruise has fixed speed limit to 80 kmph.

Thanks

Parambir
Old 3rd July 2022, 12:41   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parambir View Post
He does not fall under panicky or uninitiated categories. He is a paratrooper and suffered spinal injury which resulted in right foot drop.
my statement might have come off wrongly, what I meant is for those who have lot of range anxiety. you don't need the eco mode to achieve good range, and trust me the deep eco mode is useless, it does more damage to the range than useful.
Old 3rd July 2022, 17:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
my statement might have come off wrongly, what I meant is for those who have lot of range anxiety. you don't need the eco mode to achieve good range, and trust me the deep eco mode is useless, it does more damage to the range than useful.
No worries. I guess I will wait for a few months before I decide if i actually need this. Since it is only going to be in city, and he has been able to get 225 km so far, i think we can get more without any hack...
Old 18th July 2022, 13:50   #23
BHPian

With the Nexon EV Prime update coming in, I guess at least for Nexon, the well made Aha Nexcruise will no longer be needed? Now, what about the cars already with Aha Nexcruise, can they be upgraded to the original upgrade being offered by Tata Motos?
Old 19th July 2022, 16:43   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
With the Nexon EV Prime update coming in, I guess at least for Nexon, the well made Aha Nexcruise will no longer be needed? Now, what about the cars already with Aha Nexcruise, can they be upgraded to the original upgrade being offered by Tata Motos?
The upgrade is for all model of Nexon, which makes NexCruise redundant. Unless you really want ECO and DEEP ECO mode.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 07:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
The upgrade is for all model of Nexon, which makes NexCruise redundant. Unless you really want ECO and DEEP ECO mode.
I am glad I exercised patience. Nothing like an upgrade from the OEM, that too for free.
Old 30th July 2022, 13:06   #26
BHPian

So I guess there aren't too many takers for Nex Cruise now, since Tata has provided the most critical update of Cruise Control and multiple regen modes.
As suggested by someone above, eco and deep eco were not too functional anyway.

Any comments, please?

Regards
Old 26th December 2022, 17:53   #27
BHPian

Looks like Aha NexCruise people have updated their product range, i saw their video where they claim to fix NexCruise to any vehicle which is BSIV compliant. Basically, the product is completely reversible mod & they have patented rights over it.

I am happy that people now have aftermarket solution which works perfectly without any negative effects whatsoever.
SulemanP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 11:36   #28
BHPian

Their range has expanded to include a lot of ICE cars now. I am very tempted to use this on my petrol Tiago AMT. The only thing stopping me is the uncertainty if there is power trickle from the OBD2 port after engine shut down. I texted the company and they assured me it won't trickle, but I know for sure the port is always powered.
I say this because my OBD2 scanner's LEDs stay on when I remove the key.
Old 1st January 2024, 12:08   #29
BHPian

Has anyone used this attachment in their ICE cars yet from our community?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks