Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your choice?
Regular Nexon EV 42 20.90%
Nexon EV Max 159 79.10%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2022, 12:44   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?

I will definitely go with the EV MAX; my BIL has the regular EV, he does around 100kms/day, even-though the regular EV meets the need, he says, that by any chance he forgets to charge or there is an issue with the power supply he cannot use the car, having a bigger battery will definitely gives you more flexibility in such cases. He also owns the ZSEV and is definitely more happy with it because of the range.

Last edited by xtremeshock : 18th June 2022 at 12:45.
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 13:10   #32
BHPian

Its been 15 days and still counting , until my EV max reached the dealership yard.
Dealer still citing RTO design approval issues, also stating that deliveries have been affected pan India due to the same reason.
God knows when TAMO intervenes and sorts out this issue.
I was elated that my EV max got allotted within a month of booking, but little did I know about this weird issue.
Fingers crossed.
pradheepsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 22:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
My SA was very optimistic initially for deliveries this weekend, but he’s in a fix now and is not committing a definite date.
Madurai dealership according to my SA has the single largest booking for EV MAX for entire south TN (37 units). Hence he said the approval will come through by early next week.
Have the guys from Tata power installed charger at your home?
Or are they waiting for the vehicle to get registered?

I am waiting till the car gets delivered or atleast there is clarity on the delivery date before installing the 7.2kw charger at home.
The sales advisor called to inform registrations are expected to start by Friday and RTO approvals are expected by then.
spkrnh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 12:01   #34
BHPian

I'd recently taken test drives of both vehicles. For my usage, which is 90% city, I'd go for the regular EV. While the EV Max's better range and electronics are a plus, I thought the seating comfort of the EV was better in both front and rear. Also in Sport mode, the regular EV just felt more punchy - pushes you back to your seat, unlike the max which feels linear. I'd love to see the EV upgraded with the Max's superiror electronics and safety features - all four disc brakes, traction control, hill hold, TPMS etc.
AdhikR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 22:10   #35
BHPian

Took delivery of my first Electric beauty today.
Probably the first of all NEXON EV MAXes in my entire district.
Drove her 155kms all the way home.Was a fantastic experience overall.
One can easily manage 260-280 kms on a full charge even without ECO Mode and speeds of up to 100 kmph on highway.
That was my initial impression.
Will post a detailed review and overall experience from booking to delivery soon.
Until then , get electrified to the MAX !
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?-0279a11157cb44e59211443500d90635.jpeg  

Last edited by pradheepsr : 28th June 2022 at 22:13.
pradheepsr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 22:20   #36
BHPian

I do not know if this is the right forum to share my views on Nexon Max EV but here is a short review :.

Took a white EV Max XZ + two days ago

1. Peppy acceleration, even in ECO mode. It accelerates so fast and quietly to our highway speed limit, especially in sports mode, you have to be careful to rein it in.
The initial acceleration makes it a real fun to drive car.
2. Decent build for the segment.
3. Ride quality is fantastic. Low speed is very slightly jolty but at speeds of 40-100kmph it is superb. I missed a couple of bumps and an unmarked speed breaker but it shook it off and settled down very well. Though it is difficult to believe I feel it is easier on the body over broken roads than Compass at our day to day speeds. Compass has a much tougher feel and is absolutely stable, this gets slightly unsettled(only slightly) at higher speeds but for our everyday driving this is definitely more comfortable. It feels like going over rubber and not bumps.
4. Speed chime after 120 is not too intrusive. Also at 80kmph the single beep is hardly heard over the audio. In Eco mode I think it is restricted to less than 120kmph ensuring you don’t go faster and encounter the beeps too.
5. Looks - White with the blue accents look cool, especially from the front and side. Am not a great fan of the rear.
6. Size - right size for handling in the city and parking. Ground clearance is good.
7. Wide regenerative braking adjustability. At level 3 even at highway speeds I was not using the brake to slow at all. Regen was that strong.
8. AC is good
9. Very tight turning cycle.

Dislikes :
1. Quality check and niggles at delivery. A screw was improperly patched on the door. Seatbelt buckle was situated too posteriorly. Glovebox is still not aligning properly. The first two were rectified. But it will be nice for Tata to get better quality control and PDI. But despite all this there were no rattles.
2. Steering was inconsistent and artificial, also a bit too hard at triple digit speeds. Car felt stable but steering could have been calibrated better.
3. 6 airbags would have been welcome.
4. Rear seat floor high and seat is low. They could have raised the rear seat more. Headroom is actually in excess.
5. Audio is OK at best. I don’t understand why it keeps getting rave reviews.
6. Using Regen braking at stage 3 there has to be some way for cars traveling behind to know that Nexon is slowing down. Without brake light I could see cars getting alarmingly close in the rear view mirror each time I was slowing down.
7. Main grouse is the range. I will touch on this separately.

Bottomline - I am really happy with my purchase. Hope it remains niggle free. I plan to keep it for 7 years minimum. Let’s see.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?-cb945c45dac549149eadda7f686f70dc.jpeg  

spkrnh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 22:52   #37
BHPian

I did a 300 km trip, 30 Kms inside City with moderate traffic and 270kms on 4 lane expressway.
I don’t know if my calculations are difficult to follow but I will try to explain.
More than Kwatt/hr I have worked out my calculations based on kms the car travels per percent of charge. I know it might not be strictly accurate because when the charge goes less than 10% i heard AC and other systems cut off and the car can travel further.

All through the drive, the AC was on and audio was playing, google navigation was also in use.

1. For the first 107 kms it consumed 54% battery. This was in ECO mode and I did a steady 110-115 kmph. I drove like my Jeep trying to maintain a smooth driving style with regen at stage 1 and minimum braking. Turns out to be a mistake.

2. 2nd 69 kms consumed 36%. Half of this distance was highway with same driving style as I had mentioned above and remaining in city.

3. The 3rd 86 kms I reduced my speed to 90-100 kmph and regen was in stage 2. Consumed 36% charge.

4. Last 41 kms I used Sport mode and had a blast though I did not cross 120kmph. Regen was in stage 3. I was hardly touching the brake to slow down. It’s a learning curve but I slowly improved. The surprising part is this yielded the best figures.

As per my calculation from this drive I could go for 241kms on a full charge and averaging out the entire distance of 299kms with 143% battery consumed I could have gone 210kms.

Again, this is not strictly accurate but I tried to maintain as normal a driving style as I could and not go mileage-mode for EV drive and I think 250-260kms is the best I can do.

The 320-330kms it shows at 100 % charge is wildly optimistic and makes one believe you can go the distance, whereas by the time the battery comes down to 50% charge the dte shows 125kms and is not the 160-170kms you expect and you have covered 120-130kms.

Anyway, it’s still very early and I will try to update if I can eke out better figures but I don’t see this car going 300kms if you adopt a normal driving style like ICE.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?-180c62066a4845ab9f7c84a3d802c265.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?-3521b64a439d48edaecae838e8cc6c11.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?-ec2335018c174b34bb6c9d06dc800bfb.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?-5e74e7ad395c4ffe8c99bf6e2c13a1f6.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?-fe355254e32c4803978bf1b18b7b97b5.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?-e72f8423731645b5b991e54a23ae7e58.jpeg  

spkrnh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 09:11   #38
BHPian

My intial driving impressions of the Max are similar to yours.
Post delivery I drove 155 kms from Madurai to Tirunelveli with 4 lane highway all throughout.
Tried to drive normally for the initial 100 kms of the journey then reached 57% SOC soon .
Then I switched back to ECO mode with AC on for the rest of the journey ( as there aren’t any Chargers in that stretch) and reached home with still 100 kms range left with 30% SOC.
I’m yet to recharge it back to 100%.
Based on the brief stint with her I noted that one can manage
200-250 kms on a full charge with 100% SOC under normal driving behaviour
260-280 kms with city mode under gentle throttle inputs and speeds between 80 - 100 kmph.
Also IMHO, I felt regen level 1 is more than adequate under normal circumstances.
Pathetic PDI from TAMO , mine had quite a handful of quality niggles too.
Hoping to get them rectified soon at next service.

Last edited by pradheepsr : 2nd July 2022 at 09:13.
pradheepsr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 13:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrnh View Post
6. Using Regen braking at stage 3 there has to be some way for cars traveling behind to know that Nexon is slowing down. Without brake light I could see cars getting alarmingly close in the rear view mirror each time I was slowing down.
Great post. Thanks! Please post the write up in the Nexon EV Max review main thread as it will help lot of people.

The regen braking at Stage 3 should automatically trigger Brake Lights. If it's not kindly see if the TAMO team knows when exactly it should light up as it is clearly mentioned in product videos and brochure.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV vs Tata Nexon EV Max | Which would you choose?-screenshot_20220707133432_whatsapp.jpg  

shamanths3 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 13:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrnh View Post

As per my calculation from this drive I could go for 241kms on a full charge and averaging out the entire distance of 299kms with 143% battery consumed I could have gone 210kms.
Your energy consumption figures are really high to be honest, I have been using my Max for a month now and have clocked 2000 kms, i drive it as per a ICE car and i easily manage to get 2.7-3kms per percent without any hypermiling tactics. This is 30% city and 70% Highway as my daily commute is such. I drive steady at 70-80kmph on mumbais EEH AND WEH. My watt hour is 130-135 translating to roughly 3kms per percent on a normal day.

Once in the morning i drove the car at 6am with minimal traffic and could get 99wh/km cruising at 65kmph, that I understand is hypermiling but regularly getting 130-140 wh/km should be the goal. If wh/km is above 175 then absolutely the driving style is to be blamed.

Try and keep acceleration generous from absolute stop , cruising isn't a big deal.

Also, just saw your wh/km in trip B, it's at 209wh/km for the entire 300km trip, that's very high! You'll have to give it some time and your driving style will adapt in due course of time. Wishing you many more happy miles:-)

Last edited by yashcosmos : 8th July 2022 at 14:08. Reason: Added the last line after seeing the picture in above post
yashcosmos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 11:47   #41
BHPian

Can the auto dimming IRVM be fitted on the XZ+ variant of the Max? Since any of the other features of the XZ+ Lux (Sunroof, Ventilated front seats, Air purifier) do not attract me (for a 1 lakh rupee premium), the only additional feature which seem useful to me is the auto dimming IRVM. Any idea for the same?
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 18:38   #42
BHPian

TML is set to launch an upgraded version of Nexon EV called Prime.

https://zeenews.india.com/electric-v...h-2484638.html

All cars since first delivery shall be recalled post-July 25 for retrofits - hardware & software upgrades, which may be optional but chargeable - update from TML official.
forbhaskarm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 20:35   #43

Tata has quietly increased the price of the nexon ev max by 60k , in less than a month's time of introducing the model.
The max now starts at 18.34 lakhs with a 3.3 kw charger.
Previously it was 17.74 lakhs.

And the nexon ev xm ,the base model starts at 14.99 lakhs.
maint1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 11:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
TML is set to launch an upgraded version of Nexon EV called Prime.

https://zeenews.india.com/electric-v...h-2484638.html

All cars since first delivery shall be recalled post-July 25 for retrofits - hardware & software upgrades, which may be optional but chargeable - update from TML official.
For now it seems to be only software update and not hardware. I think all of the features will be used either by steering mounted controls or with some other UI.
shamanths3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 11:13   #45
BHPian

I have taken 3 back to back TDs of the Max in the last 2 weeks, one for me, 2nd one to show my folks at home, 3rd one for me again to be familiar with the car. I loved every bit of it except a few small points, but the Max has one it for me. The dealer TC Motors has been very responsive, as is something opposite to many other dealers across the country posted in this forum and other places.
The Max XZ+ is the variant I had finally zeroed in on, since I am not in need of the sunroof, ventilated seats for a lakh premium. But now, the Prime is here. The prime XZ+ has got almost everything I was looking for, except the bigger battery and the four disc brakes. I want to put in my booking amount, looking at a delivery slot of around December 2022, so booking in about 4 months in advance should be ok.

Now how to clear my head and convince myself for a 2+ lakh premium? Bigger battery is certainly a no brainer, but again 17 lakhs on road indeed almost comes into my stretched (no loan budget). Any headway guidance from fellow Bhp-ians?
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks