Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2024, 01:35   #136
BHPian

Re: Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 12,000 miles in 14 months | Ownership Repo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
15,000 Miles Completed-Brief Report

Last weekend, I completed 15,000 miles/24,000 kms in 17-months of ownership.
How do you like the performance compared to your X3M40?
ToroRosso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 07:41   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Repo

As I keep switching between a gas car to an ev car. These charge calculations is always a hit or a "miss".

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Glorious ride you have there. Big fan of how the Teslas have shaped the industry.
Thanks. I keep myself updated with everything Tesla and its competitors. Like I said, Tesla is at a different level from a technology advancement, volume and market size.

Others can only play “Catch-Up” for a very long time.

My only complaints with a Tesla is it does not feel “luxurious” in a true sense like expensive gas cars but, then they are meant to be sold in volumes and EV cars can make money for a manufacturer “only” they sell in volumes.

If Musk can address this complicated equation then Tesla’s will continue to remain unbeatable.

Quote:
Regarding the charging speeds, am a bit in awe of the speeds you have mentioned. The fastest home charger Tesla provides seems to be a 48A 11.5kW wall charger. These add upto 44 mph which is consistent with your charging pattern of 150-170 miles in 4 hours of charging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Something doesnt add up here. Model 3 cannot charge at more than 11kw on AC power at home. So unless you have a dc charger at home which i highly doubt you have, your max charging speed on 3 phase should be 11kw which also explains 4 hours charging time from 20 to 80%.
Nothing escapes the eyes and intelligence of BHPians. I like it !!

My apologies. It’s an oversight on my part.

As you rightly pointed out, My home charger is 11.5KWH 48Amps one that charges at approximately 35-40 miles an hour which is more than enough speed for charging at home.

Quote:
Also the fastest Tesla V4 superchargers seem to be capped at 350kW. My query is purely academic in nature because I do not see myself owning a Tesla in India ever. But open to an affordable EV in the future.
Yet again, an oversight and this is purely due to my ignorance of not using Superchargers. You see, I have used Superchargers just 3-times (including yesterday in Vancouver, Canada) in my entire ownership period.

You are right, V4 Supercharger with 350KWH is the fastest DC Tesla Supercharger.

Quote:
I also cant see how can you get 170 miles using 60% of the battery and yet claim an overall range of just 250 miles. Your own calculation gives me a range of 280+ miles on a single charge.
I mentioned a range of 150 miles-170 miles. If I am using chill mode and highway driving, I have been able to extract 170 miles for a 60% battery charge but, in reality 150 miles is the max it can over with regular style driving.

I like to think of it as below :

1% battery will help me cover 2.5 miles distance.

60% battery will help me cover 150 miles distance.

Quote:
Also, Model 3 cannot take more than 250kw at Tesla supercharger either and even that is only for the first few minutes of the charging cycle from a really low soc.
Yesterday, I used a 250kwh charger in Vancouver, Canada.

Details below in the post.

Quote:
Chill or Sport mode does not have any effect on the regen power at all.
Let me rephrase. Since you own a Tesla, you may be able to align to the view point from a different perspective. Below is just an example for a comparison of how regen feels in Chill vs. Sport mode :

Chill : Regen Power in (HOLD Mode)- The car when travelling at 60mph and I let my foot off the accelerator, the car feels abrupt in the way it decelerates and if I time it properly, I am able to bring the car to a full standstill just before a REDLIGHT.

Sports : Regen Power in (HOLD Mode)- The car when travelling at 60mph and I let my foot off the accelerator, the car “DOES NOT” feel abrupt in the way it decelerates and even if I time it properly, I am “not” be able to bring the car to a full standstill just before a RED LIGHT. I need to gently tap the brake once to stop at red light.

On a separate note. Yesterday, we visited Vancouver for the Vancouver Auto Show. And, this is the 3rd time in 17 months, I used a supercharger and yet again it was in Vancouver.

Super Charging Experience.

Yesterday, we reached the supercharger in Surrey, Canada at 10:00pm. Imagine my surprise, each and every stall was full. We had to wait for 10-mins to get our turn. Battery was at 15% and I need juice to reach home. I decided to charge the battery to 65% so it's enough to get home.

15% to 65% : 50% juice was added in roughly 17-18 mins from this 250kwh DC supercharger.

I think that's not a bad pit-stop to re-fuel..errr re-juice the battery. What say?

Overall Cost : $8Canadian which is $6USD. Gosh, this is a little worse than "Free".

Look at the stalls. All full.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_4433.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_4435.jpg

Enjoying some music videos while we wait.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-3.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender.jpg

Supercharging Cost. El Cheapo.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_4456.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 25th March 2024 at 10:48. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 08:09   #138
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Repo

Quote:
As you rightly pointed out, My home charger is 11.5KWH 48Amps one that charges at approximately 35-40 miles an hour which is more than enough speed for charging at home.
I charge using the much slower normal 10 amp home socket which charges at around 2.3kw per hour or around 15 kms of range every hour, overnight from 12 to 6 am due to lower EV tariff. Even that is more than enough for the running I do. My car is always plugged in though whenever it is in my garage so I dont wait for it to get to 20%.

Quote:
I mentioned a range of 150 miles-170 miles. If I am using chill mode and highway driving, I have been able to extract 170 miles for a 60% battery charge but, in reality 150 miles is the max it can over with regular style driving.

I like to think of it as below :

1% battery will help me cover 2.5 miles distance.

60% battery will help me cover 150 miles distance.
I never ever drive in Chill mode. I find it too slow. The only difference between the chill mode and sport is the throttle mapping. With 1% I get around 5kms from my Model Y Performance when I drive normally i.e. enough acceleration from the traffic lights and always at the speed limit. You should be able to get more unless you drive mostly on the highways.

Quote:
Let me rephrase. Since you own a Tesla, you may be able to align to the view point from a different perspective. Below is just an example for a comparison of how regen feels in Chill vs. Sport mode :

Chill : Regen Power in (HOLD Mode)- The car when travelling at 60mph and I let my foot off the accelerator, the car feels abrupt in the way it decelerates and if I time it properly, I am able to bring the car to a full standstill just before a REDLIGHT.

Sports : Regen Power in (HOLD Mode)- The car when travelling at 60mph and I let my foot off the accelerator, the car “DOES NOT” feel abrupt in the way it decelerates and even if I time it properly, I am “not” be able to bring the car to a full standstill just before a RED LIGHT. I need to gently tap the brake once to stop at red light.
For some reason I cannot. The regen is exactly the same between Chill and Sport from memory but then again I have barely driven any kms in Chill mode. I will test it out and report back.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 01:50   #139
BHPian

Quote:

I never ever drive in Chill mode. I find it too slow. The only difference between the chill mode and sport is the throttle mapping. With 1% I get around 5kms from my Model Y Performance when I drive normally i.e. enough acceleration from the traffic lights and always at the speed limit. You should be able to get more unless you drive mostly on the highways.

For some reason I cannot. The regen is exactly the same between Chill and Sport from memory but then again I have barely driven any kms in Chill mode. I will test it out and report back.
I agree, as a MY Performance owner who exclusively drives in Sports mode, I find no reason to use Chill except perhaps to reduce motion sickness for fellow passangers if their driver is like me who wants to get upto Speed limit as quikly as possible. I just love it.

Speaking of regen levels, I also feel its identical in both modes. There is simply no difference. Only times regen acts differently is when battery is too cold and/or too full when it cannot use full regen power.

Quote:
You are right, V4 Supercharger with 350KWH is the fastest DC Tesla Supercharger.
V4 superchargers are few and far in between in the sea of regular superchargers. There are at least 4 different versions of superchargers in US.

Original 72KWh ones that were very first to be installed when Tesla started building them. Then there are two versions of these a white vertical ones and other that looks identical to other superchargers.

Next level up is upgraded 150KWh ones that they installed for few years before switching to 250KWh. These used to be most abundant. Going up the chain, there are 250KWh ones that are common at most of the recent installs/new installs. Then lastly there is V4 350KWh ones which are barely getting installed in last few months and still very rare.

A small tidbit, if charging at a supercharger that is 150KWh or below, try to leave one space in between the next car. They have A and B written on the charger (Ex - 1A, 1B etc.) A & B share the voltage & will slow down the charge rate for both cars if they are occupying A & B spaces. This is why, its unspoken etiquette to leave a space between charging cars so that each of them can pull as much energy as possible. Kind of like men's urinal rule...leave one empty in between. Example, if car is using 1A charger, then don't use 1B instead use 2A or 2B if one of them is available. Of course, this doesn't work if all stalls are full then unfortunately, you have to share the energy and live with slower charge rate.

Anyhow, for M3 and MY I believe 250Kwh is max it can pull and even then for a very brief amount of time due to the charge curve. The one space empty rule is not needed at 250KWh chargers as they share 1000KWh across 4 stalls so practically your or someone's charge rate is not impacted if they share the infra.

I have driven my MY between Bay Area and San Diego once and to LA few times and I find 150KWh or 250KWh superchargers work the best to give quick boost but also enough time to have actual break (get coffee/food etc.)

Anything quicker than that is surely great when in rush but then you have to spend extra time for that food/coffee break again in addition to charging break.

Unfortunately due to the very high demands on Supercharging infra, they have instituted idle fees and they can sometimes start accumulating even at 80% of charge level at certain superchargers.

Last edited by lexusES350 : 26th March 2024 at 02:00.
lexusES350 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 06:38   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I never ever drive in Chill mode. I find it too slow. The only difference between the chill mode and sport is the throttle mapping. With 1% I get around 5kms from my Model Y Performance when I drive normally i.e. enough acceleration from the traffic lights and always at the speed limit. You should be able to get more unless you drive mostly on the highways. For some reason I cannot. The regen is exactly the same between Chill and Sport from memory but then again I have barely driven any kms in Chill mode. I will test it out and report back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusES350 View Post
I agree, as a MY Performance owner who exclusively drives in Sports mode, I find no reason to use Chill except perhaps to reduce motion sickness for fellow passangers if their driver is like me who wants to get upto Speed limit as quikly as possible. I just love it.
Do you guys find the range deplete a lot when using the Sports vs. Chill Mode?

Well, I too use the Sports mode the maximum but, I do like to slot into Chill mode once in a while so I know the brutal difference between both the modes.

Btw, how many miles have you clocked and how has been your ownership experience till date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroRosso View Post
How do you like the performance compared to your X3M40?
You would not know how many times I get this question. Thanks for asking, this has now led me to thinking that it’s high time I pen down my thoughts with a comparison of Tesla Model 3 Performance vs. BMW X3M40i.

It will not be an apple-to-apple comparison but, it should give an overall perspective. Let me collect my thoughts and I will share a detailed post here shortly. Please keep checking back to read that post. Cheers !!

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th March 2024 at 06:39.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 06:46   #141
BHPian

Quote:

It will not be an apple-to-apple comparison but, it should give an overall perspective.

Cool, I have a similar profile just a bit inverted compared to yours. I have an X-Plaid and a Charger scatpack widebody
ToroRosso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 06:50   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroRosso View Post
Cool, I have a similar profile just a bit inverted compared to yours. I have an X-Plaid and a Charger scatpack widebody
Excellent Garage. I have driven the Challenger Scatpack and it's an impressive car. Have driven the X but, not the Plaid which must be a true electric monster.

I will share my comparison and then probably you can share yours. Let's see if the "overall feel" matches.

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th March 2024 at 06:52.
Old 26th March 2024, 06:52   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent Garage.
Thank you, Will compile and send across as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_8363.jpg  

ToroRosso is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 23:42   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance vs. 2021 BMW X3M40i

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2291.jpg

Thanks to TorroRosso asking this question “How does the Tesla Model 3 Performance” fares compared to my BMW X3M40i”. Well, it’s not the first time I got this question and surprisingly, I can never provide a straight answer to folks who ask me “Which one of these 2 performance cars” ??? is a better car because it’s truly a very difficult answer as both are really fast cars and have many upsides with negligible downsides.

I decided to finally put a rest to this quandary and have been collecting my thoughts to see if I can nail down which of these 2 cars is a better car. I have owned both cars for a reasonably long time to tell the difference between each of them.

The final result may be surprising, keep reading and try to put yourself in my shoes and feel free to comment if you owned any one (doubt if someone will have the exact same combo at home...haha!) of these amazing machines. Will your final result be different?

BMW X3M40i has clocked 34,000 miles (~ 55,000kms) in 3 years and Tesla Model 3 Performance is approaching 16,000 miles (~ 26,000kms) so that’s 80,000kms combined in 3-years with just me as the single driver (not counting the limited driving of my better half). This comparison is most certainly not an apples-to-apples type of comparison but, will have factors like emotional, tangible, placebo effect and not to mention the overall feel playing key roles.

Let’s look at the broad categories/parameters that we generally consider when selecting a car (All my car purchases till date have always focused on a single parameter for decision making- “Performance” because I enjoy driving fast and love a good handling automobile. Other parameters are good to have but, they have never swayed my decision when buying any automobile).

Performance

Tesla Model 3 Performance: This is a drag strip king and will demolish everything that is stock that comes into its path- Be it a BMW M3/M4, Lamborghini or a Ferrari. It’s instantaneous acceleration that propels you to 60mph (96kph) from standstill in 3.1 seconds is an experience not for the faint-hearted. This acceleration is the #1 factor for purchasing this car. It’s simply an other-worldly experience.

BMW X3M40i: This car is no slouch. A stock version does 60mph (96kph) in 4 seconds which is ridiculously fast as well. The feeling of how this accelerates is very different from the Tesla. It is loud, lots of pops and bangs, rattles your internals and brings a thrill to your body that is felt till the bones. On the other hand, Tesla’s acceleration feels like you are sitting in an airplane and being propelled forward in complete silence that is quite eerie but, exhilarating at the same time.

Winner: Both have exhilarating acceleration but, giving it to Tesla Model 3 Performance purely for reasons of it being faster.

Handling

Tesla Model 3 Performance: Firstly, it’s a compact sedan and secondly, it’s lighter than the BMW so it has 2 primary factors favoring it. Obviously, it handles better than the BMW. Being a performance model, it has stiffer suspension, bigger brakes and can also be used as a RWD or AWD as the bias can be changed my flick of a switch (via. internal computer). It’s easy to make this change, when you want the tail to step out in corners.

In short, Tesla Model 3 handles “almost” like a sports car. With a little bit of modifications to its suspension which I personally feel needs to be tauter (It isn’t even as taut as the X3M40i) and it can be compared with any Porsche in the handling department.

BMW X3M40i: Well, it’s a BMW. It feels tight, crisp, and better than good handlers. It’s a Compact SUV, It’s heavier than the Tesla. Despite all these odds, It handles better than 90% of sedans out there. Having driven the larger SUVs in BMW stable like the X5 & X7, in my opinion, X3 is nimble, changes direction pretty fast and being smaller it’s lot more enjoyable handling experience. It certainly has some body roll (felt especially during the round-abouts near home) but, for 90% of regular road driving including tight cornering in mountains which I have been doing ever since I got this car, it feels absolutely marvelous. Its technology is highly reliable, and its AWD system never made the car miss a step even in horrible conditions (Snow Blizzards, Heavy Rains) in the mountains where I have never curtailed my speeds. In short, it can shame many sedans in the handling department.

Winner: Tesla Model 3 Performance as it’s definitely a better handler than the BMW.

Ride, Comfort & Braking

Tesla Model 3 Performance: Tesla has the premium vegan seats (Optional) and they are big, soft, cushy and really comfortable. As I had mentioned before, it was designed with the big “American backside” in mind. It almost feels like sitting on a couch at home as they are that comfortable.

Ride on the 20” Uberturbine wheels is comfortable on “Tar” highways but, the moment car traverses on cemented freeways, road joints, patchy sections, the ride is not that cushy anymore and you can feel a bit of harshness creep in. However, it’s not really uncomfortable or harsh in any sense especially on WA road infrastructure.

BMW X3M40i: Leather Seats are BMW M spec’d leather which means it’s harder on touch and feel and also feels premium than the Tesla seats. Overall seat construction is on the harder side & bucket styled seats somewhat snugs into your thighs (Including the hard pull of seat belts when you start from standstill) so, it’s not as comfortable as the Tesla. Ride is better than Tesla being on 19” wheel and now with Michelins, it just glides over patchy roads. Washington state road infrastructure is excellent including in the mountains.

I was never impressed with Tesla’s braking power. Even though my Tesla has all round discs, bigger pads, bigger calipers etc. being a performance model. On the other hand, BMW brakes which are M-spec’d brakes are fabulous and has the correct bite and power. It’s stopping power is phenomenal. It is a pleasure to use the BMW brakes compared to that on the Tesla.

Winner: BMW X3M40i as its ride and braking is better.

Safety Aids

Tesla Model 3 Performance: This car is loaded with safety aids. 12 different cameras, Blind Spot Monitoring, Auto Pilot, Auto Steering, Forward Collision Warning, Auto Braking, Sentry Mode and the shebang.

BMW X3M40i: Mine is a full spec’d car (meaning with all options) with all safety aids. HUD, Heated Steering Wheel, Cooling Seats, Pedestrian Detection, Blind Spot Monitoring, DSC, ASC, Forward Collision Warning, Auto Braking.

Winner: Tesla Model 3 Performance for the sheer long list of technology & safety aids.

Technology

Tesla Model 3 Performance: Tesla is not a car but, a computer on wheels and is renowned in the industry for best all-round safety and technology features and has been rated as the “safest car” to drive in all important forums. I cannot list the entire list of technology features as it’s just too many. I just have to highlight that you can enjoy Youtube, Netflix, HULU etc. in the car with premium audio that makes you feel that you are not sitting in a car but, an IMAX theatre for it to win this category. Lol!

BMW X3M40i: It has all the features that BMW has provided as options, so it’s pretty much loaded from technology aspect. But it’s still no match for the technology features of a Tesla.

Winner: Tesla Model 3 Performance

Space & Comfort

Tesla Model 3 Performance: This may come as a surprise but, many times family and friends who rode in the car have mentioned to me that there is more space in Tesla than the BMW. Yes, it’s true. It’s an extremely spacious car and has good space at back for 3-adults for leg and headroom.

BMW X3M40i: This car also has decent space for leg and headroom both in front and back and is more than enough for 4-adults. In the back, it’s best enjoyed by 2-adults and fitting a 3rd adult would be a bit challenging and tight.

Build Quality

Tesla Model 3 Performance: Tesla had quality issues in the beginning but, they have improved a lot over the years. Double paned window glass has been added to improve NVH, panel gaps have reduced considerably, paint quality has improved, and overall quality levels have risen.

BMW X3M40i: BMW build quality is several notches above the Tesla inside and out. Everything feels premium and it’s a clear “Winner” for this category.

Redlight Acceleration

Call me immature or childish. I have this habit of launching at every redlight (whenever I am the first car at the redlight). As soon as the lights turn green and I hear the chime, A simple dab to the accelerator on the Tesla, it just rockets forward and within a few seconds, I don’t see anybody in my RVM. I accelerate from 0-60mph (speed limit) and probably go up to 70mph. It’s absolutely eerie to see nobody behind me. Lol!

Same is the case of BMW, when I accelerate on greenlight, the drama is much more, and entertainment factor is several notches above as it’s loud as hell and B58 makes some ridiculously loud pops and bangs and it’s with some kind of childish pleasure I love seeing an empty Rear-View Mirror.

Winner: I would give this to BMW as it commands more respect than the Tesla on the road.

BMW Trivia:

1.Whenever I am in a fast lane, I always see the car in front of me give way (move into the slower lane) after they notice the quintessential “BMW Headlights” in their rearview mirror. This happens so often that I tell my wife by instinct that car in front of us will move. We had a wager on this topic a few times and I won always. That’s the power of the “BMW” and I love it.!!!

2.I always park next to a BMW if I find one and I see that happens with me also so many times when I return to the parking lot, I see another BMW next to me.

3. In the US, this is common. If I see another BMW on the road, he is either going fast, not giving indicators (Though, I personally follow all rules to the T) OR, wants to race you. These rather childish behavior is what the BMW brand has imbibed in the owners, and everyone seems to do it in some form or fashion. LOL!

Fuel Consumption

Tesla Model 3 Performance: Tesla has time and again proved that it can save 80% ++ of fuel consumption costs. That’s a pretty big claim…right? And it’s 100% true.

BMW X3M40i: For a performance car, the fuel consumption of the X3M40i is applaud worthy as no other car with these performance specs can return a gas mileage as the X3M40i. The worst gas mileage I got was 19mpg and best was 27mpg. But it’s safe to say that at an average of 22mpg is what I get each tankful and it’s quite good for this performance beast.

Winner: Tesla Model 3 Performance.

Maintenance Costs & Issues till Date

Tesla Model 3 Performance: Completed 15,000 miles and there has been no maintenance till date. No tire rotations, alignment nor any kind of service done. I spent $0 till date.

BMW X3M40i: Completed 34,000 miles and have got it serviced at BMW 4 times till date for regular stuff. Here as well, I have spent $0 till date. I recently changed the tires to Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4 costing $1200 for 4-tires which is the only money spent on maintenance till date.

Winner: For now, it’s a TIE!!!

Longevity (Life of the Car)

Tesla Model 3 Performance: Tesla claims that the original battery will easily last for 300,000-500,000 miles and/or, 1500 times charging or discharging. Well, I think this car can be passed down for at least one generation if not, two. A battery replacement for a Tesla Model 3 Performance will cost $14,000.

BMW X3M40i: The biggest reason for failure for a gasoline car is the engine giving up and B58 has been proven time and again that it’s the most reliable engine coming out of the BMW stable ever. There are plenty of examples of X3M40i owners driving this car without any issues up to 180,000 miles (~ 300,000 kms). Stock power is 382HP but, it can handle modification up to 650 Horsepower without breaking sweat.

Overall Thrill & Final Summary:

This may come as a total surprise after seeing that Tesla Model 3 Performance winning literally every category that I listed above. But, from an overall thrill, emotion and feel perspective, I enjoy driving the BMW X3M40i more than the Tesla Model 3 Performance and the primary reason for that is the relentless power, torque across every inch of the rev range, that amazing B58 exhaust note, pleasure of using those paddle shifters to play with the rev range and finally, of course the badge value which I feel is more prestigious than the Tesla.

B58 Exhaust (This is what makes you love this more than anything else in the world).

Driving the BMW X3M40i for 50 miles in one of the craziest Blizzard that I encountered in my life.

A useless feature from Tesla- But this makes you love it equally as much. lol

Well, I have several acceleration videos of both cars which I have always refrained from sharing on the forum so as not to break any rules.

Hope you enjoyed this "Apple-2-Oranges" comparison.

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st March 2024 at 23:50.
mobike008 is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 04:45   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you guys find the range deplete a lot when using the Sports vs. Chill Mode?

Well, I too use the Sports mode the maximum but, I do like to slot into Chill mode once in a while so I know the brutal difference between both the modes.

Btw, how many miles have you clocked and how has been your ownership experience till date?
I drove in chill model during my commute last week and found no difference in consumption. There is no difference in regen either and there should not be.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 23:26   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

We enjoy an egg & cheese sandwich while Rosso Diablo is on "Auto Pilot" with weather pouring in cats & dogs enroute to Canada for the Vancouver Auto Show.

More Details here :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ml#post5748354

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_4214.jpg
Old 5th April 2024, 16:55   #147
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance vs. 2021 BMW X3M40i
B58 Exhaust (This is what makes you love this more than anything else in the world).
@mobike008, Impressive comparo that. I simply can't get over that eeriness of driving an EV (here I'm referring to an iX vs X5), how do you even deal with it, that too switching between an X3M40i and a Tesla on a day to day basis !?
niruvrs9669 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 17:08   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A useless feature from Tesla- But this makes you love it equally as much. lol
If see a car doing this in the rear view mirror I would naturally pull over without my brain asking 'Wait, was it a dancing headlight, or really a Red & Blue flash'.

Does this flashing thing work on all Teslas, how to make it work on a Model Y Middle East spec?
Old 5th April 2024, 21:14   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
@mobike008, Impressive comparo that. I simply can't get over that eeriness of driving an EV (here I'm referring to an iX vs X5), how do you even deal with it, that too switching between an X3M40i and a Tesla on a day to day basis !?
Thanks. Woah, Do you own an iX and X5?

This is exactly the reason for getting a fast Tesla. It was to compliment the fast BMW. I don’t want to miss the thrill irrespective of the car that I am driving.

I mostly use the Tesla and whenever I switch to BMW the pleasure that it gives me is multifold as I feel alive with that B58 sound and the overall gas engine thrill running through the body. But, when I move back to Tesla, it’s that deathly silence that gets to me but, in a good way.

It’s complicated but, it’s fun. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
If see a car doing this in the rear view mirror I would naturally pull over without my brain asking 'Wait, was it a dancing headlight, or really a Red & Blue flash'.

Does this flashing thing work on all Teslas, how to make it work on a Model Y Middle East spec?
Yes, works on all Teslas. This feature can be enabled only when the car is "parked" so you can be rest assured the flashing lights in your rear view mirror is indeed a cop.

How to enable :

1. Open Toybox
2. Tesla Light Show
3. It can be scheduled or started immediately
4. Once you click the “Start” button. You will need to close the doors and step out. Nobody can sit in the car while the LightShow is on.
5. Words “TESLA” appear on the wall if the car is pointed towards a wall.
6. Tesla has around 4-5 different versions for each Tesla. However, using a preloaded file via. USB stick, there can be many songs/versions of the light show that can be played.

It’s truly an amazing feature and perfect to impress friends and family. I'm not sure if Tesla's sold in Middle-East are any different.

Seattle Team BHPian’s at home :

Check this out. I drove the Model X for the first time in 2018 and was very impressed. I experienced the Tesla Light Show also for the first time back then and I was blown by this feature. Below video shot by me in 2018 at my sis's place in Boston, MA

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th April 2024 at 21:16.
Old 5th April 2024, 21:29   #150
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

I mostly use the Tesla and whenever I switch to BMW the pleasure that it gives me is multifold as I feel alive with that B58 sound and the overall gas engine thrill running through the body. But, when I move back to Tesla, it’s that deathly silence that gets to me but, in a good way.

It’s complicated but, it’s fun. Lol!
@mobike008, Now this makes sense ). Tesla creates that void to fill in, what better way than to fill that silence with B58 !

Yes, we own them as a firm - iX, X5s - B57 and B58.
niruvrs9669 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks