Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2023, 17:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report

Back in 2019 I had experienced the Tesla Premium audio system in my couz Model 3 LR and I was just blown away. Like most I am not an audiophile but I do like clean and clear music and I do love auditioning audio setups wherever I find a demo setup in a showroom or otherwise. Tesla setup was another league in terms of clarity, instrument separation and clean bass. I remem searching online then but there were hardly any rave reviews about the Tesla system compared to german ones.
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 01:05   #62

re: Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report

Similar to Switching from Bluetooth to apple music was night and day difference on my Tesla Model 3 as well!
Old 25th March 2023, 02:07   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
That is high praise considering BMW's Harman systems are well designed and tuned.
Most Definitely it’s not a comparison at all. Harman in the BMW simply pales in comparison.

Quote:
I guess one of the advantages with EV cars and better audio is the lack of a combustion engine. No matter how refined an ICE engine can be, there will be always be some NVH filtering into the cabin. More so, if you drive something like an S5 or a C43, where there is some noise filtering into the cabin by means of the exhaust system. You need to play the system at a slightly higher gain to truly enjoy it whereas in an EV, your gain levels can be lower and you can still hear well.
Slightly disagree. On the contrary, Tesla’s or EV’s might not have any engine sound. But, it exposes it to other NVH like tire noise, road noise (if the insulation isn’t proper in the car).

Tesla used to come with single-pane window until a year ago. Now they come with double pane windows which has lent lot more quietness to the cabin but, I would rate my BMW better in terms of noise insulation than the Tesla (especially when the BMW is driven in it’s eco pro mode, it’s deathly silent inside which is not the case of a Tesla).

Despite these minor flaws, the Tesla music system stands out like a Tulip in a bed of Jasmines. Haha!

Quote:
The good thing is that many lower priced cars these days come fitted with reasonably good stereos straight out of the factory. I won't call them high end but something far superior to the options we had 10 years ago. A Bose system in a budget car was unheard of. I mean, it has come to the point where I won't buy another car if the stereo and NVH were no good. It is essential if you are someone who listens to music while driving and appreciates good sound quality.
I have engaged with Auto industry in my career and in-fact used to work closely with Harman in Detroit and my team worked on some ICE development work in their engineering space (we built many add-on features to their platforms in their ICE space).

It’s a dog eat, dog world in auto industry. These big names (Harman, Bose, Burmeister, B&O etc) cannot survive by supplying their ICE only to high end cars as they need volumes. Hence, they expanded to provide their systems to lower end cars too. However, please note the systems these fancy ICE OEM’s supply for lower end spectrum of cars is quite inferior to the high-end ones as they reserve the best of their line-up for luxury or pricey cars.

One example- I used to own a Mazda CX-9 top end model with a fancy 9- speaker Bose system. It was such a crappy system that it was shameful to call it’s a Bose system.

Quote:
However; I do miss the days of DIY. Those Pioneer 1 DIN fold down flap units with dancing spectrum analyzers. They looked the part at night. I am sure we all had one of these at some point in our car audio journey.
Absolutely. I have dabbled a lot myself in installing and upgrading music systems in my cars (full fledge experimentation was in the Viva including completely damping my car with DYNAMAT)

Those were the glory days of JBL (Harman company), Pioneer (Dead Company) and Alpines (another good brand dying)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
I can imagine a conversation going like this -

Me - Please describe the M3P's sound system in three words.
mobike008 - Tight, tight, tight.

Sincere apologies for my (breaking)bad humour.

Spot on mate.

I personally think Tuco Salamanca is the greatest villain character in a series (Insane, violent, erratic and totally unpredictable.) His brother- Lalo is my next favorite and is exactly opposite to Tuco- Silent, Charming and equally dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Back in 2019 I had experienced the Tesla Premium audio system in my couz Model 3 LR and I was just blown away. Like most I am not an audiophile but I do like clean and clear music and I do love auditioning audio setups wherever I find a demo setup in a showroom or otherwise. Tesla setup was another league in terms of clarity, instrument separation and clean bass. I remem searching online then but there were hardly any rave reviews about the Tesla system compared to german ones.
If you were impressed with an ICE in Tesla back in 2019. Imagine the developments from 2019 to 2023 in Music System as everything in Tesla is software driven.

It simply blows my mind.

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th March 2023 at 02:11.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 05:03   #64
BHPian

My experience has been exactly opposite. I felt our 2016 Mazda CX5's Bose system is way superior to our 2023 Model Y P's premium sound system.

I'm no audiophile so without using any technical terms I feel Bose system has more bass and depth so vocals feel strong and overall the sound feels its cushy around my ears. This feeling amplifies as I increase volume and I love to increase every now and then. Whereas in Tesla's premium system, it feels that vocals are piercing into ear with very less bass for background music. So I often reduce volume to get around it.
Old 25th March 2023, 08:43   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
My experience has been exactly opposite. I felt our 2016 Mazda CX5's Bose system is way superior to our 2023 Model Y P's premium sound system.
Quality of a music system is not like a color choice- Personal preferences.

It is either there or it’s not there. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
I'm no audiophile so without using any technical terms I feel Bose system has more bass and depth so vocals feel strong and overall the sound feels its cushy around my ears. This feeling amplifies as I increase volume and I love to increase every now and then. Whereas in Tesla's premium system, it feels that vocals are piercing into ear with very less bass for background music. So I often reduce volume to get around it.
You being not an audiophile explains. I have listened to high end systems most part of my life and have a good ear that distinguishes good to average to terrible audio systems.

I completely disagree that Bose (Firstly, Bose as a brand itself is highly overrated and I will never buy any Bose products ever in my life) is superior to MYP Premium system.

Within Tesla, there are tonnes of options to customize the sound stage that you prefer. Not sure if you tweaked or played around. If you like more bass. You can not only bump up in-speaker bass but, also the sub-woofer option which are separate options.

Try bumping up the bass (basically slide it down below to 20hz and keep going up depending on how heavy or little of bass you prefer).

Just trying playing any music video on a good streaming channel (even Youtube) and tell me the sound stage does not blow your mind.
Old 4th April 2023, 23:47   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Nothing really to update as life with the Tesla is like a dream.

This happened on Sunday. Looks like the snow doesn't want to go away.

A pretty unusual thing happened. It was raining (as usual in Seattle) and then it turned into "Hail" and then rain turned into a stronger form of "Hail" which was little ice falling down.

After a couple of hours, I noticed the Tesla got a unique badge (ice-coated) right on the T logo on the hood.

It was nice to witness this phenomena.

Right on the badge a lovely coating of ice.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_0344.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 23:02   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

It's spring out here in the US and what it means for us is that it's the season of "Cherry Blossoms".

I have lived in the East Coast and Mid-West and never see this phenomena but, here in WA the Cherry Blossoms are in abundance and everywhere you go in Greater Seattle, these Cherry Blossom trees bloom in full glory for about 2-3 weeks.

In fact, most of the home communities here give 1-tree per home to add color to the home. However, seeing these trees in a line or in a bunch is absolutely wonder of nature and god.

We normally visit two areas that is a visual treat for Cherry Blossoms

1. QUAD- The University of Washington which is located in Downtown Seattle has a square set of trees in their campus. Visitors/Tourists throng the campus to view this nature's phenomena.

They even have a LIVE CAMERA to plan the visit when the trees are in full bloom

Click here to view live camera on the cherry blossoms :

https://www.washington.edu/video/campus-webcams/

2. North Bend/Snowqualmie Falls area- Beautiful Cherry Blossom trees at a quaint railway station where you can take a small train ride through the trees and to the falls. Usually the train tickets are booked out months in advance.

3. Other than above, all over Seattle area, these trees are there in almost every areas making the city look super pretty.

Here are some pictures of the Rosso Diablo during some of these visits in the last week or so.

UDUB visit to enjoy the Cherry Blossoms.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-4-copy.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_0176.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-3.jpg

From a hike last week with some friends who were visiting from Michigan.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-8.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-6.jpg

Trailhead Parking- This is where the hike began. We hiked through rainforest kind of setting. Air was fresh, crisp and an exhilarating hike experience.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_0270.jpg

Downtown Seattle is full of these trees.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-2-copy.jpg

Amazon Sphere- It's their unique office in Downtown Seattle. 3 Large Spheres serving as their offices. Architectural marvel.

Here is a short video that I took of the beautiful QUAD when we were there last weekend :

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-5.jpg

CB in the snowqualmie falls area.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-2.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_9759.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_9745.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 7th April 2023 at 04:17. Reason: Updated title as requested.
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 08:59   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm in India for the last 2 weeks. When I left, I had charged Rosso Diablo to 70% (Actually, I find it strange that when I set the limit to 70% or 80%, the car gets charged to 69% or 79% respectively).

It's the first time, I am away from home for this long and pleased to share that battery % dropped by just 2% in these last 2 weeks.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_1336.jpg

I'm curious to hear from other EV owners what is their stand-by battery life. Please do share.

In other news, this article shared by a friend who lives in Australia and he has booked a Tesla MYLR.

Tesla has beaten BMW and now they have also beaten VW from a car sales volume perspective.

Imagine doing this as just an EV company with limited product line and competing with giants like VW and BMW who have just too many product lines.

https://thedriven.io/2023/04/22/tesl...-and-mercedes/

I'm hearing Tesla is going to sell 2 Million cars in 2023. A number that is just mindboggling to the mind.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 14:46   #69
BHPian

Tesla Model 3 - Performance

hey,
It's been a long while since I posted here, here is my Tesla Model 3 Performance 2020, 2nd owner since 2020, first owner was a leasing organisation. Driven 8K till now :-), yes haven't driven much except some school runs.

What I like -
Car's performance (0-60 miles in 3.1 Secs)
Max bhp is 450bhp
Re-gen braking hardly use brakes in city and it has made driving so fun.
Simplicity
Tesla's Super charger network
Warranty and Service

What I don't like -
Shoddy finish by Tesla
So many issues with condensation (replaced taillights, fog lamps, and spoiler all under warranty)
Noise level

Battery range is still holding up I get about 316 miles for 100% averaging all year (winter and summer).

All that I have done to the car is added some alloy protection for the 20" Überturbine Wheels, that is it.
Attached Thumbnails
Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img20230131120206.jpg  

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img20230131120113.jpg  

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img20230131120128.jpg  

Last edited by bruce : 27th April 2023 at 15:03.
bruce is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 12:03   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your M3P. Where in the UK do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce View Post
hey,
It's been a long while since I posted here, here is my Tesla Model 3 Performance 2020, 2nd owner since 2020, first owner was a leasing organisation. Driven 8K till now :-), yes haven't driven much except some school runs.
When did you purchase from the 1st owner?

3 Years and just 8K miles? Sounds quite unbelievable even if the owner has more than 1 car. It’s such a wastage of solid fun sitting in the garage. LOL!

Mine is 6-months old and I alternate between my other car and M3P regularly and just shy of 5000 miles.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_1376.jpg

Quote:
What I don't like -
Shoddy finish by Tesla
So many issues with condensation (replaced taillights, fog lamps, and spoiler all under warranty) Noise level
Tesla has improved the build quality by tons on a month to month basis and not just on year to year. Now the known issues (Panel gaps, rattling of window etc) is more or less taken care of. But, the amount of cars they are producing the quality will take a beating by a little margin and buyer just have to pray that they are not one of the unfortunate souls to get one of the bad apple.

Mine is a 2023 (3 years later model) and have none of the issues that you faced.

Build Quality- Ofcourse, it’s not tank like my BMW but, I am quite pleased with build quality as well as the luxurious feel of the interiors (again, not a good as my BMW). Zero rattling issues or any loose components.

Noise Level- 2020 M3P comes with single pane window glasses. Teslas now come with double pane windows and that has improved the NVH significantly.

Quote:
Battery range is still holding up I get about 316 miles for 100% averaging all year (winter and summer).
This is where I am not too happy. How do you calculate that you are getting 316 miles assuming you charge to 80% or 90%?

I have a solid lead foot and my M3P returns about 275 miles for 100% of battery. I use the CHILL mode only when family is onboard. Otherwise, it’s SPORTS all the way and that eats into the battery quite a bit.

Also, when in Sports I am usually unable to stop with REGEN as the speed that I carry is too much for REGEN so I have to use the brakes.

Considering the insane acceleration and thrill we get from this car, I still feel 275 miles is something one should not be complaining about.

I always charge to 80% (Rarely to 90% and never till date to 100%) and recharge after it drops to 20%. So my calculation is based on the miles that I drive for those 60% range (80%-> 20%)

Not sure if there is a better way to calculate the exact miles.

Quote:
All that I have done to the car is added some alloy protection for the 20" Überturbine Wheels, that is it.
Can you please share what protection have you added to Ubertine wheels?

I am also worried about them scrapping curbs or they may get damaged if I land in a pothole at high speed.

Thankfully, we have absolutely brilliant and butter smooth roads in entire Washington except some areas in Downtown Seattle.

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th April 2023 at 12:04.
Old 30th April 2023, 18:30   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats on your M3P. Where in the UK do you live?
I live in Cheltenham, Cotswold.

Quote:
When did you purchase from the 1st owner?
in Oct, 2020

Quote:
3 Years and just 8K miles? Sounds quite unbelievable even if the owner has more than 1 car. It’s such a wastage of solid fun sitting in the garage. LOL!
Yes :-) work from and this is my second car, so haven't driven much. Just school runs and sometimes I take it out for some fun drives that's about it.

I used rimpro tesla rim protectors, really awesome they stick well, considering I have done really high speeds 120miles (illegal but hey, its a tesla)

https://www.greendrive-accessories.c...388102672.html

I'm happy to meet a fellow Tesla enthusiast! I don't think I will ever buy another ICE car, and probably a non-Tesla....lets see...
Attached Thumbnails
Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-whatsapp-image-20230430-1.48.58-pm.jpeg  

bruce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 10:14   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
in Oct, 2020

Yes. work from and this is my second car, so haven't driven much. Just school runs and sometimes I take it out for some fun drives that's about it.
Well, I work 100% from home and I still clock too many miles.

Problem with me is that I hunt for opportunities to drive. And, always take the long route to my destination.

Quote:
I used rimpro tesla rim protectors, really awesome they stick well, considering I have done really high speeds 120miles (illegal but hey, its a tesla)

https://www.greendrive-accessories.c...388102672.html
Oh yeah. I have some acceleration videos that I don’t post here.

M3P is so fast that it borders “nauseating”…literally…lol. My wife gets this feeling due to the instant acceleration.

Thanks for the link. I never knew about them till now. I think this will be a good investment.

Quote:
I'm happy to meet a fellow Tesla enthusiast! I don't think I will ever buy another ICE car, and probably a non-Tesla....lets see...
Same here. Glad to meet you!

I have driven quite a few high-end EV’s but, none drive like Tesla.

And, like you I am a Tesla Addict. I agree with you on the fact that a Tesla can be upgraded ONLY with a Tesla.

ICE companies including the likes of BMW, Mercedes etc.. jumping into the EV bandwagon will take years to feel and drive like a Tesla.

I have one ICE car ownership in my bucket list. Once that is done, I will never buy an ICE car.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 08:35   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

If your phone was on stand-by mode, how long will it last before it conks out of battery? 2-days, 3-days, maybe maximum of 4-days?

I was out of the country for 3-weeks and returned over the weekend.

When I left the States, I had charged the battery to 69%.

After 3-weeks of just sitting idle in the garage, battery of Tesla dropped by just 4%.

This is sheer technology and battery optimization brilliance of Tesla. Hats off to Musk.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_1904.jpg

Before leaving, I had ordered this center arm rest leather cover.

It fits like a glove and add's that extra "oomph" to the interior glamour of Rosso Diablo.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_1919.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_1920.jpg

Finally, this marvelous piece of "computer" crosses 5,000 miles in 6.5 months.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_1931.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 19:58   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh! When we landed in Seattle. I was fortunate to give a taste of a spanking new- 2023 Tesla Model X to my mom.

She enjoyed the Y in the past, now the X and yet to sit in the 3.

Only the S remains to complete...S3XY

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_1897.jpg

My Uber Driver was a Somalian gentleman and we enjoyed chit-chatting through the long drive to home. He bought this Tesla Model X just 2-months ago and paid a whopping $120,000.

I asked him to do a few acceleration runs and after due warning to folks onboard, he was happy to oblige.

Is this a car or a bird? A marvelous piece of technology.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_1903.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th May 2023 at 19:59.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 22:35   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Summer is here.

One of the most important thing to do is to get your car ready as it's the season of everyone taking their rides out and parading on the roads. Haha!

I decided to do some work-out and polish the Rosso Diablo on a Saturday afternoon.

Polishing is a lot of hard work, I tell you. It took me little over an hour as I spent 10-15 mins on each panel. Then rest for 2-3 minutes and then resume work.

Despite using all my strength and rubbing to best of my ability, it's not perfect as when I look closely I can still spot small water droplet marks (only if I look closely though). Otherwise, I'm proud of my 1-hour work-out session.

First Step- Wash it thoroughly taking off the grime with soft sponge.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2049.jpg

Second Step-Clean the interiors with a damp sponge. Interiors don't need any cleaning as it's pretty much always immaculate.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2086.jpg

Third Step- After the car is dried and wiped, Apply the wax generously on each panel.

Then rub, rub, rub and keep rubbing till it shines away to glory. Simple Steps..Eh?

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2081.jpg

Result- Please take out your sunglasses as this is too much red even for me. Haha!

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2082.jpg

A few more pictures in my neighborhood.

P.S : Recommend that you view it on your computer to see the real deal.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2085.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2083.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2092.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2090.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2100.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2098.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2093.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2094.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2089.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2102.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th May 2023 at 22:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks