Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

PS5 gaming console could make its way onto the upcoming Sony-Honda EV

Sony has announced its plans to enter the automotive segment by entering into a joint venture with Honda called Sony Honda Mobility. The joint venture is said to introduce its first EV in 2026. The upcoming EV will be manufactured by Honda, while the software systems and electronics will be developed by Sony.

PS5 gaming console could make its way onto the upcoming Sony-Honda EV-sonyev.jpeg

Reports suggest that Sony is planning on integrating its PlayStation 5 gaming console with the upcoming car's infotainment system. Izumi Kawanishi, President, Sony Honda Mobility, stated that it is "technologically possible" for the electronics giant to integrate the PS5 platform into the car.

The PS5 platform in the upcoming EV will help the joint venture to catch up with the systems of other automakers, especially Tesla & its vision-based FSD system. The PS5 platform will not only bring entertainment & software but also integrate sensors and tech required for autonomous driving.

The upcoming Level 3 autonomous electric vehicle from Sony Honda Mobility is expected to be previewed on January 4, 2023, in Las Vegas, ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Details like powertrain, pricing, range & onboard tech, will be revealed closer to the date of launch.

Source: Financial Times

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 23rd November 2022 at 15:59.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 17:33   #2
bht
BHPian

Re: PS5 gaming console could make its way onto the upcoming Sony-Honda EV

so the next step will be to replace the steering wheel with PS5 game controller?
Old 23rd November 2022, 18:02   #3
Mtv
BHPian

Sony should first put ps5 on shelves at shops before putting it in some car.
I’ve been trying to get my hands on one outside of the black market for over a year now but to no avail.
Mtv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 18:34   #4

Would be very interesting to see! I have a feeling this may drive sales for this car from families, if the PS5 situation still hasn't improved. Tesla's Mario Kart ripoff would have a hard time competing with Gran Turismo 7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Sony should first put ps5 on shelves at shops before putting it in some car.
I’ve been trying to get my hands on one outside of the black market for over a year now but to no avail.
OT,but the drops for PS5's have been steady across multiple retailers. No real need to head towards the black market.
Horizons is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks