Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2024, 23:54   #631

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anksoft View Post
I am considering downsizing to 19inch tyres hoping it would help in ride quality and be easier on my lower back. However still get availability of 19in EV tyres , and the tyre dealer are not ready to exchange against the original tyre.
Any of you have downsized? Or have suggestions on how to do it economically and what was your perception of the ride quality on potholed / patched up like in Bangalore ?
Ride quality is good and set up for comfort. Downsizing would definitely help but I would ask you to spend a considerable amount of time with the test drive vehicle and then take that decision.

Owners from North America have reported elsewhere that downsizing, especially to 18”, has helped with high speed stability which is a glaring gap in the current setup, specifically the tendency of the rear to pitch and bounce when encountering a dip in the road at highway speeds.

You could try sourcing the EV6’s wheels and tyres. Alternatively the Tucson’s 18” wheels are a good fit as well as shared by Ioniq forum users. Some have even installed the IX35/Creta’s 18” wheels with no issues.

I am not hopeful of Hyundai honoring the warranty though.
Old 4th April 2024, 10:53   #632
BHPian

Just as a follow up to the tyres being worn on my Ioniq 5 @ 30000km as posted slightly earlier in this thread. The rear ones specifically seemed to have gotten really bad over the past month, getting frequent punctures and starting to get bald in the center after only less than 1000km since my last post - despite Hyundai claiming alignment was done at the previous service. Not sure how much I believe this as they still haven't performed the Headunit OTA update that I have asked for twice now. Unfortunately I keep getting a no space error whenever I try to do it myself despite plugging in a USB.

Was able to source the same size Pirelli P Zero Elect (Pirelli's EV version of the tyre with the foam padding inside) from Tyremarket.com for a lesser cost of approx Rs. 29k + GST each compared to Hyundai’s 62k inc GST. These aren't listed on the tyremarket site but they said Pirelli does have stock of these and did source them for me.

Last edited by zandot : 4th April 2024 at 11:15.
zandot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 11:47   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Was able to source the same size Pirelli P Zero Elect (Pirelli's EV version of the tyre with the foam padding inside) from Tyremarket.com for a lesser cost of approx Rs. 29k + GST each compared to Hyundai’s 62k inc GST. These aren't listed on the tyremarket site but they said Pirelli does have stock of these and did source them for me.
Good to hear that we a proper cheaper alternative for the tyres. Please share how/who you contacted from tyremarket so that it could help others in the future!
Old 4th April 2024, 11:55   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Good to hear that we a proper cheaper alternative for the tyres. Please share how/who you contacted from tyremarket so that it could help others in the future!
I actually ordered the other non-EV Pirelli Scorpion tyres that are listed on their site. After the purchase I was contacted by a helpful representative by the name of Gowtham from Tyremarket who asked if I had an EV, and if so they could source the ELECT variants if I wanted- which I decided to go for instead.

Their call center number is 08088090090 - unfortunately I don't have a direct number for him but I'm guessing they would be able to help as well as their other reps have also helped previously when I was sourcing tyres for the 5 series.
zandot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 12:19   #635

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
I actually ordered the other non-EV Pirelli Scorpion tyres that are listed on their site. After the purchase I was contacted by a helpful representative by the name of Gowtham from Tyremarket who asked if I had an EV, and if so they could source the ELECT variants if I wanted- which I decided to go for instead.

Their call center number is 08088090090 - unfortunately I don't have a direct number for him but I'm guessing they would be able to help as well as their other reps have also helped previously when I was sourcing tyres for the 5 series.
Very useful information - I am looking to keep one as a "spare" after my tire blow out (very unfortunate, got cut in the sharp kerb at an EV charging station 220 km from Bangalore..
Old 8th April 2024, 15:52   #636
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Ioniq 5 gets a new Titan Grey colour option. Hyundai has also added a new Obsidian Black interior colour option.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-20240408_155039.jpg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-20240408_155041.jpg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-20240408_155043.jpg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-20240408_155045.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 17:25   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Ioniq 5 gets a new Titan Grey colour option. Hyundai has also added a new Obsidian Black interior colour option.
Very welcome a move. I know a few who leaned against the Ioniq primarily due to the white interiors that were bound to get filthy very quickly in our conditions. One less reason why one would choose anything else in the price range for what is already a compelling product. The Titan Grey color looks wonderful as well.

Hyundai seems to be acting swiftly on customer feedback. Kudos 👍
Hume is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 22:35   #638
BHPian

Still no news of the updated ioniq 5 with larger battery capacity and interiors. Just a color change isn’t going to cut it especially with the BYD Seal competing in the same price range
Harsha89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 08:02   #639

4 months back, I had visited the Hyundai Showroom and saw the car in flesh. That bold stance with the futuristic look. I was mesmerised. And as soon as I saw the all white interiors, I was disappointed. No, it’s not that white did not look good. It looked amazing. However, with all the dust and heat, comes sweat. Even a small blot would ruin the white interiors were my first thoughts. Add to that I have two kids.

As I read this news, that Hyundai has launched the black interiors, it is for the first time, I am regretting my purchase of a car. Because I would have bought this one instead with black interiors in a jiffy.

Thank you Hyundai for listening to us.
Old 9th April 2024, 14:03   #640
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_avinash View Post
4. Overnight charge gives me about 12/15 percent which is good enough for 100 km .
It is impossible for 15 percent to give you 100km, leave alone 12 percent giving you 100kms.
Old 9th April 2024, 16:26   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hume View Post
Very welcome a move. I know a few who leaned against the Ioniq primarily due to the white interiors that were bound to get filthy very quickly in our conditions. One less reason why one would choose anything else in the price range for what is already a compelling product. The Titan Grey color looks wonderful as well.

Hyundai seems to be acting swiftly on customer feedback. Kudos 👍
Not swift enough. I'd have so loved to take a black interior with matte grey! Had to compromise for the black with white interiors. It's not bad, just that black interiors with matte grey are much better.
NannuBhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 10:10   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

I would have expected Hyundai to take this opportunity to drop the Ioniq 5 prices significantly, to keep in line with the trend of falling EV prices globally. The entry of the BYD Seal, the soon to come Seal U, and other launches coming from VW, MG, Vinfast etc. will bring formidable competition to Hyundai and Kia. However, most new offerings will arrive as CBU imports, including VW's ID4 and the BYD Seal. These cars will be subjected to stiff import duties of 70-100%. The advantage Hyundai has is that it pays only 15% CKD import duties and therefore has a pricing advantage of 32-42% compared to the imported vehicles.

Hyundai should take the lead on the valie equation, offering significantly higher value for each rupee paid by the customer for the EV. This can be achieved through a good drop - of say, 20% in the pricing and increased value of another 10% through larger batteries, more luxurious interiors or even more features. Otherwise, Hyundai's local assembly advantage will be quickly eroded by new offerings from these aggressive competitors. These competitors are willing to go with very low or even zero profit margins to gain a foothold in India.

Not having competitive strong hybrid offerings in India, Hyundai and Kia's current roaring success in the ICE segment of the market could soon vanish as consumers shift to more energy efficient vehicles that are economical to run, but also environmentally friendly. Hyundai and Kia need to quickly bring in a buffet of EV offerings at various price points - cars that are competitive then the Chinese home grown (TATA and M&M) and European alternatives on pricing and value.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 10th April 2024 at 10:16.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 20:02   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
It is impossible for 15 percent to give you 100km, leave alone 12 percent giving you 100kms.
It is all on driving habits and many more - I have learnt to drive conservatively in the Bangalore ORR, which is a combination of good speeds with some bumper to bumper here and there - I usually easily get an efficiency of 7.5/8km per kWh. a full charge offers me easily anywhere between 480 to 520 km in Bangalore city.

Past week efficiency has suffered because of extreme heat and the AC running fairly lower temperatures in comparison with usual temps.
Old 10th April 2024, 20:36   #644
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_avinash View Post
It is all on driving habits and many more - I have learnt to drive conservatively in the Bangalore ORR, which is a combination of good speeds with some bumper to bumper here and there - I usually easily get an efficiency of 7.5/8km per kWh. a full charge offers me easily anywhere between 480 to 520 km in Bangalore city.

Past week efficiency has suffered because of extreme heat and the AC running fairly lower temperatures in comparison with usual temps.
15%is 10KWh, so even at 8km/KWh you'll get 80ks, and at 7.5km/KWh you'll get 75km.

12% is 8.5KWh so again at 8km/KWh you'll get at best 64kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I would have expected Hyundai to take this opportunity to drop the Ioniq 5 prices significantly, to keep in line with the trend of falling EV prices globally.
India has amongst the lowest prices for a change. In Germany a similar trim is 61000 Euros. Just one example.

Last edited by nidhikapoor : 10th April 2024 at 20:42.
Old 13th April 2024, 11:54   #645

My observation goes to the Puncture Repair KIT! Unfortunately, it seems to be a mismatch for the car. My daughter being an owner, faced the following issues. A good friend advised us to install tyre sealants in the car as there is no spare provided with the vehicle!

We were introduced to a firm called Treadstone Solutions, selling a New Zealand product called MaxTT. Apparently MaxTT has been in the international market for over 2 decades! We installed the same as we were planning to go for a trip to the hills! To our dismay, after a few hours our tyres started wobbling. We went back to Treadstone and asked about the issue! To our dismay, we realised that the IONIQ % is fitted with Michellin EV Silent Tyres. They have an inner layer of foam to keep the decible level of the tyres low! This sealant got stuck at the point of injection and did not disperse as it should have in a normal tyre, due to which the tyres went out of balance and the sealant also wouldn't work as there was a layer of foam, which would not allow the sealant to work, as it should! Treadstone was nice encough to take up the responsibility to sort things, as they had promised to replace the tyres in case of any issues!

The following transpired:
They took the vehicle to a Hyundai Authorised Dealer and raised the concern and also asked for a solution from them! Surprisingly they were as clueless and agreed unofficially that it was for Hyundai to respond as it was a design issue! Deciding not to fight and get into litigation, on the advise of Hyundai Dealer technicians and Treadstone we did the following. Got the dealer to remove the complete foam (scraped it out) and reinstall the sealant. The vehicle is working as good without any extra noise! Logically, the sealant would be working too! Sharing pictures of the same..... can even share videos too!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240108-16.50-foam-removed-tyre.jpg  

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-whatsapp-image-20240108-17.44.16-foam-removal-balancing-etc.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 13th April 2024 at 12:08. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Roadside-Friend is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks