Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 17:38   #16
BHPian

Re: Uber India to add 25,000 Tata Xpres-T EVs to its fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Did I see a Harman ICE in the dashboard ?
Does it cost cheap to be fitted in fleet cars ?
Old 24th February 2023, 18:51   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritesh_44 View Post
There is something off with these numbers, with 15A plug, it won't fully charge in 110 minutes. 15Amp generally gives around 3.5kW. Its probably 15kW charger which can charge 26kWh battery in ~2 hrs. It is a typo and all news agencies reporting the same incorrect numbers?

Also how is extra 0.5kWh battery giving extra 38km range in the second variant?
You are correct, that's not charging using 15A plug but 15kw DC charging, which is using Bharat DC001 (GB/T) type plug.

Regarding the battery size and range, one is using old Electra power train and the other is using Ziptron, different motor and architecture.
Old 25th February 2023, 09:05   #18
Team-BHP Support

This is a fantastic move if aggregating partners for Uber can create EV fleets. I just wonder how they’ll manage the charging efficiently because these cabs will need a fair few charging stations at various proximate points in a city - that investment in turn may have to also be made by the aggregator or perhaps Tata can take on that part of the investment in keeping with its larger objective of providing such facilities to its existing customer base as well.

My wife, who’s never sat in an EV sat in an electric Uber the other day and was really impressed with the whole experience and the silent smoothness of an EV. Hopefully more regular trips in such cabs will make her more accepting of actively considering an EV a few years down the line. Right now she was quite reluctant when I had very briefly mooted the MG ZS EV as one of the contenders instead of our Jeep purchase. I didn’t push it then since it was an outlier for me too.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 19:56   #19

Is this service regularly available in Mumbai? I am yet to see this in Kolkata. Are these facing the critical HV errors faced by the Tata EVs?
Old 4th March 2024, 10:49   #20
BHPian

I have ridden in Uber green cars about five times now, seen them often. My thoughts are as follows

1 - The cabs (all of which are Xpress- Ts) condition is not good for the mileage they have and otherwise. Most of them have signed up exteriors and in 2, the AC didn’t work. In a car with 6k kms!

2 - The drivers seem very knowledgeable about the car, it’s practically, etc

3 - The experience, (like Tata cars itself, incidentally) is a hit or miss. One driver took a looooooong way around to come to us, and another drove quite fast.

All in all, nice idea but still has a long way to go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks