Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2024, 23:14   #31

Re: Guide & Pictures | Setting up an AC Fast Charger at home for your electric car

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxworld View Post
I think the position of law is clear on this topic, and a cooperative society is expected to provide NOC in the stipulated time.
Yes agreed. To be frank I haven't approached the society yet, the question was assuming I land in a scenario where society declines.
Old 5th March 2024, 21:55   #32

Re: Guide & Pictures | Setting up an AC Fast Charger at home for your electric car

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1985V View Post
Not sure if this might be off topic but is there anyone here who has an EV has not installed charger at home and relies entirely on public charging infrastructure?

Today I saw a post on X regarding a guy having to charge his car for almost 2 years because his housing society is not permitting installation of charger.
I am using a public charger as my society is not allowing to install the charger giving vague safety reasons (who will be responsible in case of fire, President/secretary are the one who will land in lockup in case of any incidents). There is 3kW charger setup for 2-wheelers. I have been advised to use that charger which is a slow one and also expensive at INR 14/unit. I have been using the BESCOM charger which costs INR 7/unit
Rajgir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 08:21   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajgir View Post
I am using a public charger as my society is not allowing to install the charger giving vague safety reasons
What's the total cost of charging your car full 100% and is it worth the effort and additional cost?

I stay at a rented accommodation - the owner is supportive and is ok with me installing charging point or whatever I want as long as I bear the expenses and consequences which is pretty reasonable ask. But I am not too sure if the society will permit (have not asked yet) and if I want to get into hassle of removing the charging point and reinstalling when I shift (it's not going to happen anytime soon - I will be here for atleast 3 more years).

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th March 2024 at 08:31.
Old 6th March 2024, 09:40   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1985V View Post
What's the total cost of charging your car full 100% and is it worth the effort and additional cost?

I stay at a rented accommodation - the owner is supportive and is ok with me installing charging point or whatever I want as long as I bear the expenses and consequences which is pretty reasonable ask. But I am not too sure if the society will permit (have not asked yet) and if I want to get into hassle of removing the charging point and reinstalling when I shift (it's not going to happen anytime soon - I will be here for atleast 3 more years).
Last time I charged from 18% to 95% and it costed me INR260 @ INR 7/KW. I would recommend getting a 15A socket installed in the parking and using the overnight charger. The would only require 2.5sqmm wire which costs less significantly less.
Old 17th April 2024, 15:48   #35
BHPian

I am planning to buy an EV in the next 6-8 months. However I live in a apartment complex with a dedicated open parking. I am looking for options to install a charger in my parking spot. However, since its a open space, charger will be exposed to the elements. What are my options?

I can try with a regular charger encased in a weather proof electric box. Another option can be the charger from Bolt Earth (https://bolt.earth/all-products/charging-products/lite)

Looking for advice from experts. Please suggest.
Old 21st April 2024, 09:23   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyasworld View Post
I am planning to buy an EV in the next 6-8 months. However I live in a apartment complex with a dedicated open parking. I am looking for options to install a charger in my parking spot. However, since its a open space, charger will be exposed to the elements. What are my options?

I can try with a regular charger encased in a weather proof electric box. Another option can be the charger from Bolt Earth (https://bolt.earth/all-products/charging-products/lite)

Looking for advice from experts. Please suggest.
The A/c fast chargers are weather proof.
Although it is recommended to keep them away from the elements, there are people who keep it in the open exposed to the sun and rain.Providing there is a wall nearby, you can install the charger there and fix a metal sheet over the charger thus giving it some token protection.It should be enough.The cable and charging gun can be used during rains without any issues.
sushanthys is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks